*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Morning Ladies!

Here are my starting pix:

Straight (unstretched):
picture.php

Straight Stretched:
picture.php

Recovering Breakage:

picture.php

Curly:
picture.php

Question, could I use crochet braids as a protective style?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HTC Sensation 4G

@Ms_CoCo37
How do you straighten your hair - temp, products? I just noticed that you don't seem to have any straight pieces & this time around as a natural I don't want any heat damage.

Question, could I use crochet braids as a protective style?

@Au-natural
I think you can. Your own hair will be cornrowed up under the crochet braids & protected.

Last edited:
@Ms_CoCo37
How do you straighten your hair - temp, products? I just noticed that you don't seem to have any straight pieces & this time around as a natural I don't want any heat damage.

@Au-natural
I think you can. Your own hair will be cornrowed up under the crochet braids & protected.

Apart from your hair being lovely, I have to say, your location ('Scaping Massa!) always makes me chuckle when I see it haha

Almost 3 weeks post my weave install. I think I'll keep it in for another 2-3 weeks, give myself 2-3 weeks of much needed treatments and then get it weaved again.

In the process of freshening up kinky twists, nape, edges, a few on top, should be able to make it another 2-3 weeks. My plan is the same as Aggie - remove, and then for the next couple weeks, some treatments, especially with my steamer!

Did my box braid last night. I hate having a big head. Took 6 hours to do. I know I said I would redo my hair once a month, but I'm seriously considering keeping these in for the entire first session.

Took my braids out and washed my hair yesterday - I'm now CBL. Will get rebraided tomorrow. Hopefully next time I take my braids down, in March, I'll be SL, although I do need a trim as well.

Attachments

• 01.01.12.jpg
    01.01.12.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 32
I had in yarn braids that took me forever to take out. Here is where my hair is right now. I hope to be waist by the end of 2012(hopefully).

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SPH-M910

Went to the salon to get my hair rebraided. Why do hairdressers always have to jack up your progress by aggressively dragging fine tooth comb through your hair? She also insisted on blow drying my hair even though I had sof 'n' free lotion in it which meant my softened afro went hard. I had already said I didn't want it it blow dried because i had fully detangled at home, but she ignored me. After she blow dried a section at the back and it went dry and hard I think she realised that it hadn't helped, plus I firmly asked her not to do the remaining sections.

On the up side she was quicker than the last lady who did my hair...

I re-twisted the senegalese twists on the perimeter of my head, and I plan to wash Saturday.

I didn't realize it, but having my hair untouchable for these last couple of weeks has made me realize that I needed a break from doing my hair each week. This challenge will definitely be good for me this year!

I'm taking a braid break. I don't know how long it will last.... anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to 2 months LOL!
Will post when I get braided up again..for now, a (bad) pic of my current hairstyle is in the everyday hair thread :)

(Edit) Seems my break lasted just under a week

Last edited:
I am washing my hair and putting in mini-twists this weekend...I am not looking forward to the all the work involved, but I am keeping the bigger picture in mine :yep:

My braids are out and my hair has been loose for a few days now. I'm planning on getting it rebraided this weekend...I'm thinking about getting medium-large sized box braids. I'll post pics of whatever I get done.

I think I was originally part of this challenge, but I haven't been updating(due to being overwhelmed w/kids @home).:lol: For the most part, I have been wearing my hair in french braids under a wig and applying oils/mosturizing every couple of days. I just washed my hair today and my mom will be braiding my hair tomorrow. My goal is to keep the braids for 3 weeks straight. lol this will be a stretch for me :lol:

Anywho, starting pic attached. Dec 19, 2011 My hair is in a puff.

Attachments

• Dec 19,2011.jpg
    Dec 19,2011.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
Another post!! Yes I'm posting a lot..just getting my money's worth, LHCF!
Anyhooooo...

I have nearly finished installing my next set of Senegalese Twists, with my trusty X-pressions Hair
They are 2-toned--> Burgundy in the back, black in the front..sounds gruesome, but it looks decent..honest! :)

I've spent way...WAY...WAAAAAYYY too much time on these to be taking them out all willy-nilly , like I usually do.
I'm very hair-fickle...

I hope to last at least 2 months with these.. at least till the end of my mock exams haha

Pics to come

ETA: THE PIKTCHAAS R HEERRE! Yay!
One during the process of twisting
One of the front view..yup, me failing at posing :)
And 2 bad pictures of the back LOL
I wish I could take better pictures

Attachments

• Photo on 07-01-2012 at 02.58.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 02.58.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.05.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.05.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.06.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.06.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.08.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.08.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
@SkySurfer, you and your hair are lovely! Excellent job on the twists.

I'm in the middle of my Aphogee 2-step treatment now, and I'll be twisting this afternoon. These twists will stay in for 3 weeks, at which point I'll take them down, detangle, do a mild protein treatment, rinse and repeat :lol:. Twelve weeks of twists, here we come!

Oh, and I DO have starting pics. As soon as I find my cell phone, I promise I'll post them :look:.

I got my hair re-braided today! I like this set a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_20120107_195528.jpg
    IMG_20120107_195528.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20120107_201001.jpg
    IMG_20120107_201001.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 60
Just crocheted my hair. Hoping this can last for abt 3-4 weeks.
48e1ff21-8019-23f8.jpg
48e1ff21-802a-1059.jpg

Curently, a lil past shoulder length

Washed my senegalese twists yesterday, a video showing how I did that can be seen here. These twists have been in for about 3 1/2 weeks and I think they will hold up for the three months I want to keep them in.

Week 1 of my box braids went well enough. Mostly just kept them under a scarf or bonnet since I don't go out often. Will start wearing my wig next week.

Okay, I will be wearing a wig for a few weeks until I can decide on what I want to do with it later. I may very well stick to wearing wigs for a long while because they make it so easy for me to take care of my hair underneath:yep:.

I haven't been able to get my hair braided because I've been on the road. I've been putting my hair up into Celie plaits and wearing them under a beanie cap. I wear these for a week at a time, take them down, wash, DC, and braid it again. I hope to get box braids soon.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Been in these same ol kinky twists since Nov. 4th and will likely stay in them until early Feb. After almost 5 months of braids i'm starting to get bored but since I know I cant deal with the two textures..... i'll just keep it moving.

I wont have starting pics until next month but my regimen is:

Wash every 2 weeks with diluted shampoo
Deep condition w/heat
spray with HS 14n1 twice per week
Seal with Qhemet morenga and castor

Back