*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

I used Chicoro's moisture-drenched prepoo today:lick::love:. I Clarifyed with Avalon Organics Rosemary, Mint and Tea Tree Shampoo then I washed and deep conditioned my hair today using Moroccanoil products. My hair feels awesome right now, and by awesome, I mean soft, silky and strong. You can't get any better than that.

OK, so now I have crochet braids :)
Installed yesterday and only used one pack of freetress water wave

Attachments

• Photo on 23-01-2012 at 15.42 #5.jpg
    Photo on 23-01-2012 at 15.42 #5.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 68
Hello Chicky Babes,

I have attached the pix of my yarn twists that took HELLA long for me to finish but it was definitely worth the hard work. I hope you all enjoy --

back[1].JPG

long side.jpg

side.jpg

:look:

So still rockin the braided roots twists. I did an acv rinse last night and then put on a stocking cap and heavily diluted some t gel shampoo and then rinsed after a few minutes. Put some coconut oil throughout my length and a little on scalp and sealed with some evoo. I love how my shea butter smells but I'm going to have to only use a small dab because somehow it works it's way to my scalp which would seem impossible. Anyway I probably wash again monday which would make me be into my 2nd week YAY.

My twists only lasted 2 weeks this time...boo hiss. So I'm in a bun this week and will re-twist this weekend. Those puppies WILL make 3 weeks, come heck or high water!

I was wearing my hair braided under my wigs and now I am considering extension cornrows and still under my wig though for a month at a time.

Still on the road. I haven't been able to get my hair braided again. I've still been wearing Celie braids under a beanie. :ohwell: I may consider doing my own mini braids or twists on my natural hair. I'm almost afraid to let anyone else braid my hair because the last two braiders ( braid shop the first time, friend the second) left bad impressions. I ended up with a few split ends and thinner than normal edges.:sad:

Last edited:
I was wearing my hair braided under my wigs and now I am considering extension cornrows and still under my wig though for a month at a time.

I just took out some braid extensions after 7 weeks, and on feb 4th, I'm going to have braids under a weave. :yep: I hear hair growth/retention is great that way

And now I have to look for an application bottle...

I did these 2 strand twists on Jan 8. i plan to redo them next week along with a much needed protein treatment.

092.jpg

Last edited:
Still rocking the crochet braids! They've been a big hit, although my medical professionalism tutor called me out on the fact that it's not my real hair in front of the rest of my class...the fudge????

I had to answer as graciously as I could, because i know she was only curious...nevertheless though.............

Last edited:
1st wash of the second week and things aren't too shabby. I deep conditioned with coconut oil, shampooed with medicated shampoo, rinsed added my oil eo water and hs14in1 braid mist, and sealed with evco then massged my scalp and slid on some eco styler olive for frizz.

Once my taxes come in I plan to either get tree braids or micro and wear them for two months no hair out until 1 year anniversary

Washed my hair today, its been six weeks with these twists so far, I still plan to keep them in for another 6.

Twisted my hair up yesterday for next 3-week cycle. My hair despises finger-combing with a vengeance, but loves to be left alone for weeks on end. The twists allow me to not comb my hair for 3 weeks, and then I can be super thorough with detangling/shed hair removal and start again. So long as I do a good protein treatment prior to the next set of twists, my hair hasn't complained a bit :yep:. Definitely planning to do this for the rest of this year, and maybe next year as well.

Been in my box braids for 3 weeks. I'm gonna keep them in for at least another 3 weeks. I'm enjoying this whole being lazy thing.

Tiny update:

I have my sulfur/jbco mix on my scalp and over that is Chicoro's moisture-drenched prepoo which I will be keeping on my hair for about 1-2 hours. I will follow up with a mild shampoo - possibly KeraCare Hydrating and Detangling shampoo.

Then I will pour some Black tea/caffeine powder rinse over my hair and scalp, massage for a few minutes and on top of that I will add a deep protien treatment (KeraCare Restorative Mask) for 20 minutes. I will deep moisture condition with KeraCare Creme Humecto.

I want to also do the LOC (liquid, oil,cream) method for moisturizing and sealing. After that, I will GHE baggy overnight with this so my hair should be super happy in the morning

My sew-in is out and I have French braided my hair. A similiar style Chiselle Couture did ages ago (miss her!) It is freezing in the UK so I may put it into twists I am not sure yet.

Redid some of my box braids yesterday and shampooed and DC'd tonight. I really think I can last until April 1st. #fingerscrossed

I co-washed my twists and they actually looked better after, which probably means that my hair needed some moisture.

My sew-in is out and I have French braided my hair. A similiar style Chiselle Couture did ages ago (miss her!) It is freezing in the UK so I may put it into twists I am not sure yet.

ur damn right it's freezing here, lol!:lol:
Most of the time I can't actually feel my hands! :nono:

I've been bad with checking in, anyways, my hair feels moisturised, I think the LOC method is working. I've been doing it once a day in the morning and my hair is still moisturised. Still protective styling and trying to up my water in take.

Just checking in...

Still in my yarn twists, applying my HTGE mix every other night, and massaging my scalp. I will more than likely redo my edges next weekend because my hair has started growing out a little and I do not want to mess around and pull out my twist cause it's on fragile hair. :nono:

Before I go, do any of you ladies use Spirulina or Chlorella as a supplement? I need to scratch my PJ itch so I am hopeful that someone has had a good experience with the supplements ...:grin:

Back