*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Wow, my boss just gave me a ton of hair for twisting! And with what I have stashed at home, I think I have enough for 6-8 installs. I wanted to henna but all the hair I bought was dark brown, my lovely boss gave me a 1b/33 mix which will match well. I am so happy!

I have some Janet Collection Afro Jerry weave that I want to have installed today or Sunday. I am not sure yet but I am eager to have it done today. It's been years since I have worn a weave because I lost a lot of hair then. Since joining LHCF with all the help on how to take care of it, I think I am confident enough to give it another try now.

I plan to keep my hair weaved up for about 6-8 weeks depending on how well I handle it.

I'm walking around with 8 plaits in my hair since sunday, I can't decide whether to rebraid or get a weave.

Last edited:
I have senegalese twists- self installed, and i've had them about 3 weeks now, but i'm getting the bug...the itch...to take them out and straighten my hair :/

Starting photo:
DSCN0016.jpg

Self-Installed Senegalese Twists
twists.jpg

Regimen
I will wear extension for 2-3 months at a time, and then take a two week bread before putting in more extensions. During the two week break I will do a hard protein treatment one week and a deep moisturizing treatment the next and wear my hair in a protective style.

Products:
Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo
Jane Carter Conditioner, Organic Root Stimulator Conditioner
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
Infusium 23 Leave-In Original Formula

Shampoo and condition once every two weeks
-I dilute the shampo by mixing the shampoo and water in an 8 oz. applicator bottle
-I apply to my scalp, rinse and repeat
Apply conditioner, steam.
-After washing out the conditioner I put a beach towel over my hair until there is no more water dripping
Spray Hair with Taliah and Infusium mixture after washing and every other day
-I mix the Taliah and Infusium in a spray bottle 50:50
I will re-do the braids around different parts of my head every 2 weeks

Last edited:
Morning Ladies,

I think this thread, HYH 2012 and Long Term Transitioner will be my favorite and most active threads for 2012.

I trimed about 2 inches of my ends last night. It felt good. I'm no longer concerned with reaching MBL, WL ..... If I can transition and maintain a healthy Blunt BSB i'll be happy. Any more hair to deal with will just be a nightmare.

I figure I'll get a good trim every 3 months.

I'm wearing my hair down in a twist out for the next couple of days. I have an appointment on Dec 29 to get single braid (medium size). I'm hoping to keep those for 5-7 weeks. I think braiding for long period of time will keep me from getting scissor happy and Big Choping so it will help in my long term transition.

Have a Blessed Weekend All.

Ok ladies, this is my first challenge (will post required info next week) and I am deciding on going the tree braid route.

Regimen:

Before tree braid install:
Wash with SSC Oil Therapy shampoo.
DC w/ silk elements moisturizing conditioner.
Use Cantu leave in conditioner.
Use IC heat protectant serum and blow dry.
Oil scalp w/wonder 8 oil.

Maintenance:
Co wash every three weeks w/MT.
Oil scalp with castor oil or wonder 8 oil every other day.
Spray tree raids w/SSC Weave Care Spray.

After braid removal:
Wash with ION clarifying shampoo
Followed by SSC Oil Therapy Shampoo
DC w/SE Moisturizing conditioner
Seal w/wonder8 or castor oil
Air dry then bun for a week.

My starting picture is below in my PixiStrip. Will update with tree braid pics tonight or tomorrow.

sunbubbles,

Question for you. I would LOVE to join this challenge, but I want to be sure I can follow the rules. I currently wear my hair in twists (no extensions) for 12 weeks at a time, retwisting every 3 weeks. I then take a week off and wear my hair bunned for the week before starting the next 12 week cycle. Is that week of bunning considered "out" for the challenge?

If so, I totally understand and will lurk and cheer you on from the sidelines. If not, then I'll be back to post my stats. Let me know :grin:. TIA!

Here is my starting pic.

Also, I got my hair braided yesterday. I'm gonna keep them until their fuzzy. When they do get fuzzy, I'll probably wear a wig over top or simply just get them redone.

Attachments

• Length 12-15-11.jpg
    Length 12-15-11.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Braids & Bare Escentuals (Medium Dark N40) 12-15-11.jpg
    Braids & Bare Escentuals (Medium Dark N40) 12-15-11.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 41
I'm still doing this, but probably not with pixie braids. I had extremely small ones in and wanted them out to go to dinner with friends. It took 3-4 days to get them all out. I think I only had them in for 3 weeks...not worth it at all. I've been in large to medium twists since then. I'm in about 20 braids right now. I'm taking them out to go out with friends on Sunday and will probably repeat that process of braids and braid outs all winter.

Evallusion your braids look so nice and the style suits your face well.

I have decided to do twist for awhile.

Thanks!:yep:

I just came out of kinky twists. When I'm tired of cornrows, I'm gonna get my twists put back in. But I think I may stay "rowed" up for a while--looking like Cleo about to set it off. :lachen:

sunbubbles,

Question for you. I would LOVE to join this challenge, but I want to be sure I can follow the rules. I currently wear my hair in twists (no extensions) for 12 weeks at a time, retwisting every 3 weeks. I then take a week off and wear my hair bunned for the week before starting the next 12 week cycle. Is that week of bunning considered "out" for the challenge?

If so, I totally understand and will lurk and cheer you on from the sidelines. If not, then I'll be back to post my stats. Let me know :grin:. TIA!
Ronnieaj- that sounds great to me!! Im more or less referencing ppl who like to have their hair out and flowing in the wind all willy nilly! Lol, but giving your hair a quick
rest between styles is a good plan.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!!! Sorry I've been away, #lifesucks
Lol, but newayz I'm gonna update all the names by the 1st of January so please get ur starting pics in!!

I'm in there!!

I stay twisted up 90% of the time. I've been in 2-strand twists since October 1, with one week off, during which I bunned. I'll be in a bun for the next 2 weeks, then back to twisting.

I keep my twists in for 3 weeks at a time. During that time, I wash and DC weekly, and moisturize/seal approximately every other day. I may up the washing to 2x/week, not sure yet. After 3 weeks, I take my hair down, thoroughly detangle, then wash, do a mild/moderate protein treatment, and then retwist. I do this 3-week routine 4 times, for a total of 12 weeks in twists. On the 13th week, I wear my hair in a bun and wash twice during that week, and then I start over on another 12-week cycle.

I'm taking photos this weekend, so I'll post pics in this post then :yep:.

Just redid my senegalese twists, i had them for 4 weeks.
I just can't leave them any longer, I get bored.
I'll try and leave these ones in for 6 weeks, hopefully 8 weeks, so then i can re-do them right after my february mock exams...(arrgghh revision!!)
I need to leave my hair alone.
BTW these ones are kinda pinkish/burgundyish (i obviously can't describe the colour very well) and shorter about APL...the length of my hair right now ..so it took much less time to put them in than last time LOL!
Hope to get one inch of growth by the end of the two months, then I'll be definitively past APL/on my way to BSL !! :) ...well the back of my head at least.... my front and sides are so slow growin'.. :/
woo let's do this :)

Checking in! Twists are doing great. I washed with a shampoo bar last week, and conditioned with Elucence MB Conditioner. No itchiness so all is good.

Haven't posted in here for a few weeks now.

I'm on this challenge. A friend of mine was nice enough to do a sew-in weave for me as a Christmas present. She used a weave cap to prevent breakage. I'm expecting much more growth by the time I take it out.

** Before the sew-in was installed, I washed and deep conditioned for about 45 mins. with olive oil and a plastic heat cap. **

Okay ladies, I promised to come back with pics of my new weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry - 14") and here it is:

Attachments

• Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 002.jpg
    Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 002.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 84
  • Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 003.jpg
    Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 003.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 75
My SN was 'sistar' before the name change, but yep, I'm in the challenge...And so far my braids are 6 weeks as of today and are growing wildly! I also started to use megatek for my scalp,so I', interested in seeing how the growth will be with braids as well. :)

Took down my cornrows and plaits, straightened and trimmed. Hopefully I can take some good pics tomorrow. That will be my starting point for the challenge.

Checking in: Hair has been in tree braids for 5 weeks. Loving this style. Easy to maintain and keep my hair moisturized.

I will probably take them out this weekend or next to do a quick length check (official starting pic) and braid it back up.

I'm in! Will come back after work and post my stats and my starting pics! And then will be putting my hair in box braids within the next few days to wear under my wigs

Back