*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Please add me to the list...I would love to do this challenge! I hope to retain length this year!!!!!

My starting pic is below, and you'll also find my first protective style. I micro braided the horseshoe area that's normally left out when doing a partial weave and then I sewed tracks in the back. I can already tell that the hair will tangle up a lot, but this is staying in for at least 8 weeks...I'll just wear it in a bun and keep my hair moisturized underneath it all. :)

IMG_94201-vi.jpg

IMG_0071-vi.png

I'm in. I'm about to go hard this year. Keep my hair braided and hidden under weaves and wigs for the whole year. That's what I did the first year of my hair journey and my hair flourished. However this past year and a half I was a lot more relaxed with my hair care and didn't protect it nearly as much, and you can tell because I didnt retain as much hair in 2011. So I'm in hoping to reach either HL.

i'm in! I plan on wigging it with flat twists.
I redo my twist every 4 weeks.
I co wash every 2 -3 days and use a sulfur mix 3-4 times a week
my Ultimate year goal is BSL.

IMG_0729-vi.jpg

Please add me to the list...I would love to do this challenge! I hope to retain length this year!!!!!

My starting pic is below, and you'll also find my first protective style. I micro braided the horseshoe area that's normally left out when doing a partial weave and then I sewed tracks in the back. I can already tell that the hair will tangle up a lot, but this is staying in for at least 8 weeks...I'll just wear it in a bun and keep my hair moisturized underneath it all. :)

IMG_94201-vi.jpg

IMG_0071-vi.png

This is exactly what I'm doing. I have a microbraid perimeter; and plan to deep condition once a week. However, I plan on doing very long sessions w/installs of 3.5mo minimum. We shall see. I will redo the perimeter ever 2-4 weeks and tighten install every 6-8 weeks. Moisturize every other day. Will submit pic early January.

Still going strong, i left out my baby hairs when i braided, but it's hard to gel these suckers down...maybe i should just give in to the fuzz.... :/
Thinking of that, how can I style my braids in a nice style for tonight? *excited*

Hello,
I am so excited about this challenge- I'm a long time stalker of this site, especially this thread.This challenge is the main reason that I subbed to LHCF!
My information is as follows ...

~Current hair length .... My current hair length is CBL in the back and something like NL in the front. I am wearing yarn braids now, I plan to post starting pix in January when I take this set out.

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd .... Natural since 08/2010

~Personal goal .... My personal goal is to reach APL by August and an extra inch closer to BSL by December.

~Current Reggie and styling choices .... I now wash monthly because the YBs are so damned heavy after washing and because I don't think my scalp/hair needs cleansing more than that right now. I have been applying a mix of Monistat and Softee Hair Grease to my scalp at least three times a week-I found that my hair has grown quite a bit since early December. I have been taking a variety of supplements: Biotin, Vitamins C and E, a multivitamin, and Zinc daily for about three months and I have increased my water intake (I freaking hate water so that in itself is a challenge.)

I also oil my scalp with almond oil that has MSM mixed in it ... I was so hungry for hair growth that I put a bulb of garlic in the mix for a couple of days and even after taking the bulb out the smell of the oil stunk to high hell. So that little concoction only goes on my head once a week, when I'm off from work and away from others. When I have my 'free hair' days I will try rollersetting my hair for stretching and to see if I have what it takes to implement the style in the future.

I plan on PSing primarily with yarn braids or yarn twists ... self-install cause I refuse to drop duckets on something I can do myself. (:

I'm so excited about this challenge ladies-- let's get it!!

Nf

I'm Definitely In this, I keep my hair braided all year around and flat iron every 4 months for length check, As I type I'm deep conditioning and doing my end of year/ beginning of year check!! Will be posting when I get off of work tonight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I am still rocking my micros. (since november) The front braids were looking a little rough so i took them down and of course i was tempted to do a length check:look:

small increase but i love it all the more:grin:

Attachments

• lc.jpg
    lc.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 51
I've had my braids in for 10 weeks - I am ready to take them out but my friends and family keep telling me they don't look like they need redoing, probably because I redid a few of the hair line ones. I can feel that some of the looser areas are weighing down and pulling my strands - looking forward to taking them out and giving my hair and neck a break.

Still rocking my Senegalese Twists.
Just did a diluted shampoo, and ACV rinse, then oiled my braids with Sweet Almond Oil.
Scalp feels fresh..Aahhh.
Still going strong, just experimenting with styles I can wear my twists in.
Date night! *excited*

should I oil my scalp before braiding my hair without extensions or no?

I usually wait to oil my scalp until I'm done installing my braids. I do heavy seal my hair before putting my braids in to ensure my hair stays moisturized for a while. It has worked for me thus far. (:

Sent from my Devour using Devour

My starting pic is posted below, taken today.

My regimen:
- keeping my twists in for 4 weeks at a time
- shampoo and condition once a week
- apply leave-in (Kimmaytube with Giovanni Direct Leave in) at least every other night

Attachments

• Jan2012.jpg
    Jan2012.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 24
For now I'm doing plaits under wigs/turbans/headwraps/you name it. Today I did an ACV rinse followed by a mud wash & CW w/AOGBP. I've figured out that my hair really likes WGO & AV mixed together. I moisturize with that during the week & sometimes use a little EVCO on top of that.

I CW daily w/AOHSR & I baggy overnight w/my sulfur mix.

We'll soon be ringing in the new year. To all of you (and a little shout out to my UK ladies), have a great new year..make it COUNT!
Have a good one, all! :)

I've already done my base braids that I will be wearing under my 3/4 wig weaves and wigs. I'll be keeping these same braids in 11wks at a time, then take down for 1-2wks for flat ironing/length checks and then back in braids and under a wig or weave. Regimen: dc 2x/wk, cowash 2/wk, JBCO 3x/wk, prepoo 1x/wk, moisturize and seal daily.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325378317996.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325378317996.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325378346512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325378346512.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 38
Tomorrow is my first official day of the challenge. For the first session, I will be braiding my own hair in box braids and wearing a wig on days I go out. Co wash, moisturize and seal daily. Shampoo and DC twice a week.

I have some pics of my lightly straightened hair and hair that's slightly shrunken. Both were taken 12/29

Attachments

• 676A0124.jpg
    676A0124.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 676A0126.jpg
    676A0126.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 676A0135.jpg
    676A0135.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 676A0136.jpg
    676A0136.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 22
Count me in! Tonight is NYE so I'll be back later to post my reggie and starting pic!

ETA:

Stats:

Current Length: An inch from BSL
Dec 2012 Goal: WL

My Reggie:

*I will be wearing U-Part Wigs/Half Wigs for this challenge.

-Moisture/Seal Daily
-Wash/Deep Condition every 2 weeks
-Hard Protein treatment after each take down (every 6 weeks)

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I would love to join this challenge!! I hope that I'm not to late; attached are my starting pics. I've never attached pics before so please bare with me :drunk:

Will have my regimen later, I have to run to the Outback :yep:

ETA: My regimen: I will be using 2 strand twists as my crown and glory/protective style. I will use my own hair and I will have the twists in for about 2 - 3 weeks. I will then shampoo(Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo; I believe that's the name the bottle is currently hiding), condition (Herbal Essence Hello Hydration) and deep condition my hair (Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment). I will use a protein treatment (Spiral Solutions Repairing Protein Treatment) every 4 - 6 weeks. Moisturize daily with African Pride Braid Sheen Spray and I may seal with an oil probably EVOO mixed with JBCO.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
starting pic and regimen:

have been wearing wigs and cornrows underneath. cornrows done 1x a month. poo with diluted rhassoul clay in an applicator bottle 1x a week. prepoo with oil to co-wash and DC weekly alternating between moisturizing and protein DCs. will do black tea rinses 2x a week. moisturize and seal 2x a day. massage oil into scalp 2x a week. doing this challenge for the long haul~12/31/2013 final reveal!!:yep:

afhthg.jpg

DC'd & shampooed thursday nite. My kinky twists are looking old, too old. My refresh edges, nape, and top layer to hold out another 2 weeks. 1/4 makes 4 weeks, trying to get to 6, at least.

Happy New Year's Ladies!!!

Happy New Year Ladies! I am CBL & want to reach full BSL by Dec. I've attached my starting pic

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325388957798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325388957798.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23
Just prepooed with evco
clarified with vo5 kiwi lime and 2nd lather CoN Argan Oil
Detangled with Vo5 Chamomile Rinsed
DCing now with CoN Nourish & Strengthening with a little evoo on top for 1 hr
Rinsing out and massaging some evco on scalp
moisturizing and sealing with braid mist (water, evoo, and eucalyptus oil and cassia oil) maybe a little whipped shea butter
Stretching with 8-12 braids until Monday and getting some help putting in the braids
probably about 45-60 braids in all and twisting my hairline gently
(now I know what my lil sis means when she says "you doing too much" but hopefully it'll all be worth it)

Forgot to add my pics! I know it's past the 31st but I'm still an official participant in the list I believe!

Today I'll be DCing - maybe a protein based or moisture based, not sure yet. Then I'll shampoo, cowash and start putting my hair in yarn braids, which I will wear for eight weeks at a time. My simple regimen is just keeping hair moisturised and sealed while wearing the braids and cowashing once a week. DCing once a month or so.

Attachments

• lengthcheck2.jpg
    lengthcheck2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 16
  • lengthcheckpic copy.jpg
    lengthcheckpic copy.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 14
Back