*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

everyday wash and go's:nono:. I can only do these every now and then for emergency reasons only. I got my hair cut today and I cut it really short in an attempt to get rid of the ssk's and split ends. I may have about 2" of hair left on my head and I :love: it.

Sooooooooooo I guess I need to post a new starting pic, eh:grin:?

Evallusion - that looks really pretty. What type of hair was used?

My kinky twisted are looking weathered. Debating on taking out this weekend and wigging it, retwisting, or braids.

Evallusion - that looks really pretty. What type of hair was used?

My kinky twisted are looking weathered. Debating on taking out this weekend and wigging it, retwisting, or braids.

Thanks! I'm not sure of the hair brand because the shop supplied the hair. But it looked to be the same cheap braiding hair that is 3 packs for 5 bucks. :yep:

just checking in, I've had individuals with extensions in for a few weeks, I'm going to leave them in until the 28th of this month then go into cornrows. I've been keeping my braids mositurized with distilled water(hardwater) everyday.

Last edited:
Another post!! Yes I'm posting a lot..just getting my money's worth, LHCF!
Anyhooooo...

I have nearly finished installing my next set of Senegalese Twists, with my trusty X-pressions Hair
They are 2-toned--> Burgundy in the back, black in the front..sounds gruesome, but it looks decent..honest! :)

I've spent way...WAY...WAAAAAYYY too much time on these to be taking them out all willy-nilly , like I usually do.
I'm very hair-fickle...

I hope to last at least 2 months with these.. at least till the end of my mock exams haha

Pics to come

ETA: THE PIKTCHAAS R HEERRE! Yay!
One during the process of twisting
One of the front view..yup, me failing at posing :)
And 2 bad pictures of the back LOL
I wish I could take better pictures

You did a fabulous job on your twists! They're so neat.:yep: Mine would be different sizes. For the life of me, I can't get them all the same size. Plus I'm lazy and impatient. :look:

I just threw a couple of twists in my hair this morning. I wanted to do mini-twists, but I'm not feeling very motivated...

Checking in.
Got a new full lace wig. Wearing cornrows underneath. My dilemma. I am noticing my ends are getting tangly and ssks. I am thinking of using the tension method with a blow dryer 1x a month prior to braiding it up again and doing a beehive so that my ends are not exposed at all. I may cut back on washing 2x a week for the 4 weeks the braids are in. Maybe just dcing and pooing 1x a week is better then oiling my scalp after and spraying my scalp daily with the braid spray. I did get the afro detangler and i am not sure what to think of it yet. I will review when i rebraid in a few weeks.

Checking in.
Got a new full lace wig. Wearing cornrows underneath. My dilemma. I am noticing my ends are getting tangly and ssks. I am thinking of using the tension method with a blow dryer 1x a month prior to braiding it up again and doing a beehive so that my ends are not exposed at all. I may cut back on washing 2x a week for the 4 weeks the braids are in. Maybe just dcing and pooing 1x a week is better then oiling my scalp after and spraying my scalp daily with the braid spray. I did get the afro detangler and i am not sure what to think of it yet. I will review when i rebraid in a few weeks.

oooh, I've been eyeing that product for a while. I look forward to your review! :grin:

Been in these same ol kinky twists since Nov. 4th and will likely stay in them until early Feb. After almost 5 months of braids i'm starting to get bored but since I know I cant deal with the two textures..... i'll just keep it moving.

I wont have starting pics until next month but my regimen is:

Wash every 2 weeks with diluted shampoo
Deep condition w/heat
spray with HS 14n1 twice per week
Seal with Qhemet morenga and castor

Is your kinky twists install with added hair or did you just twist up your own hair? I'm curious because you stated that you DC with heat. If you've added hair (i.e. marley braid, kanekalon, etc) how to you DC with the kinky extensions in?

TIA

Washed my senegalese twists yesterday, a video showing how I did that can be seen here. These twists have been in for about 3 1/2 weeks and I think they will hold up for the three months I want to keep them in.

OMG! Your video has helped me sooo much :grin:
Thanks for posting it!

I re-twisted the senegalese twists on the perimeter of my head, and I plan to wash Saturday.

I didn't realize it, but having my hair untouchable for these last couple of weeks has made me realize that I needed a break from doing my hair each week. This challenge will definitely be good for me this year!

MissMusic
I just watched your videos. Thanks so much for making it simple. You got me feeling like I'll be able to do my own one day.

Off topic, when I saw your sweatshirt in video 2, I knew you had to be from the south.

jayjaycurlz I have Kinky twist with added hair. I use the stocking cap method and slather on conditioner from root until where my hair ends. Then I put a conditioner cap and a beanie then sit under the dryer for a while. Rinse with the stocking cap still on.

I haven't worn a wig since new years so I'm undoing my big plaits and putting mini twists in their place. Naptural85's last twist video gave me the itch. The only problem is CurlyNikki made me want to flat iron for my bday outing in 2 weeks...do I take these out or leave them in...decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

^^^^^^^ Me too, wash my braids on Monday - scalp was itching like crazy, much better now! I'm trying to reduce my shampoo stash, so didn't bother diluting, plus did a really thorough rinse.

I tend not to condition my hair when in braids as I just use braids spray after washing, but now that I have watched the video by Fromshorttolong I might consider conditioning using the cap method next time.

Washed my twists today:
Dilute shampoo + dilute conditioner+ oiling with sweet almond oil= sweet smelling hair, and a calm scalp that's no longer kicking my butt! :)

I am wearing a wig as my PS now but seriously considering putting in some long braids extensions for about 4-6 weeks. I need to give myself some deep treatments before I do though - maybe another 2 weeks. I'll see:look:

My last ps didn't last as long as I wanted. I got tired of it so quickly. It lasted about four weeks. I just made a wig out of dreamweaver Indian afro wet n wavy hair and it looks like one of the hair goals I have set for my natural hair. That's such a motivator for me. Also I'm trying to improve my diet and overall health so hopefully I'll see improvement in my hair growth as well.
627a4430-8e87-22f4.jpg

I finished my mini twists & they took forever! I am making them bigger next time LOL

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327093248516.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327093248516.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 28
My last ps didn't last as long as I wanted. I got tired of it so quickly. It lasted about four weeks. I just made a wig out of dreamweaver Indian afro wet n wavy hair and it looks like one of the hair goals I have set for my natural hair. That's such a motivator for me. Also I'm trying to improve my diet and overall health so hopefully I'll see improvement in my hair growth as well.
627a4430-8e87-22f4.jpg

Mane.Attraction
If this is a wig, I'm going to need a YT video, step-by-step instructions, something! :lick:

Okay so I took out my "loose twists... They only I guess a little over a week because of knotting at the roots when I shampoo'ed. So I did twists with braided roots (to reduce the frizzing and poof) they're pretty small but not mini twists and I put Naturel Lyfe Whipped Shea Butter (buttercream vanilla scent) on the ends. I'll braid them in 3 braids at night to stretch and curl a little. I slicked some eco styler down my length. I hope they'll last at least 2 weeks this time but I'm hoping for 4-6
Should I use a moisturizing or protein conditioner? I need some strength but moisture.

Been in my mini box braids for 3 weeks now. They're holding up pretty well. I've been wearing my wig about 3 days week and baggying every other day.

Its been 2 weeks in these braids and I'm still not missing my hair! I think I'm going to try a sew-in after this...depending on my funds. That Remy hair is expensive, lol!

Checking in even though I'm so bad at it. I've had my yarn braids in for about three weeks now. Going strong. I massage my scalp every other day with JBCO Red Pimento oil, I baggy every few days fora few hours and I try to DC and cowash once a week. I'm taking my iron tablets, hoping to have my hair grow properly.

Yarn twists in full effect ... I don't know how long the entire process took but it was hella long. They're long and cute so I cannot be too mad. I can't wait until I learn how to move quicker with my hands. Photos coming asap ... (:

Sent from my Devour using Devour

today is wash day for the kinky twists. It's only been two weeks but my part are all grown in. It looks like I'll have to re-do some twists along the edges that make them look 'neat' again.

Back