*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Firstborn2, When I wore my hair out daily, I henna'ed my hair once a month but now that I am wearing a wig as a PS, I only use henna and indigo right after I texlax it.

I have never used a commercial dye on my hair - too scared to try it. I do however :love: the effects of henna and indigo on my hair. I can't stop staring at it and touching it when I do. The shine is just out of this world, the color is super pretty and it doesn't bleed.

I don't ever want to be without my henna and indigo. The process is long but hey, my hair deserves the love:yep:.

Aggie, can u plse tell us which Henna u use?

@Aggie @Firstborn2
Hey ladies. Have either of you ever taken Fo-ti root consistently? It is good for gray hairs & will even reverse them.

I was taking it consistently for a while because it supposedly extends the growth phase of hair. Back then I knew nothing about it helping with grays. One time I ran out & never did go get anymore. Sure enough I started getting grays, whereas I hadn't had any before.

nakialovesshoes, I can't say that I have but thanks for the tip. I will need to look this one up.

About to wash and cornrow my hair. Plan on leaving them up for exactly one month (to 12/26), then I will flat iron and trim and take pics. That will be my official start pic and date for the challenge.

SNV31028.jpg

so is ur length bsb?? :look: I'm terrible with lengths lol! 'cuz my strands are like around that length too

Think I need to install my twist soon. This will be my 3rd self install attempt, and I'm hoping my technique has improved.

I had a dream last night that I was installing the twist and they came out great! And was getting them in fast.

I took the sew in down...i've never seen so much build up and dirt...:nono:
I washed clarified and deep condished my hair and sealed with some oil. I refrained from using any heat this time. I will now rock some micro braids until i can't take it anymore, we shall see how long this lasts.:lol: Pic is attached.

I was also compelled to check the length of my hair. (i told myself that i would wait until April) from what i saw it all looked good. Hope everything is growing well with you guys! Leggo!:grin:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111201_6.jpg
    Snapshot_20111201_6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 58
Its been 4 weeks in these kinky twists...I'm halfway there.

I shampooed last night. I really can't see how peeps can go any longer than 2 weeks between washes. I cant go a day over or my scalp will be pissed.

Think I will start my install this weekend. Hoping I can wash and DC overnight tonight. But will definately start the KT process on Saturday.

The last two times it took 8 hours, 4hrs on Friday, then Saturday. Making them smaller this time so they last, so may take a bit longer.

I am wearing a beautiful curly wig by Zury called Singer. It doesn't look much on the package, but wow! It is gorgeous on me.

The roots of my kinky twists are starting to look serious, lol. I'm gonna ride it out for my remaining 3 1/2 weeks...

Oh, as of Dec 1st, I've added sulfur to my scalp mix of JBCO. Lets see how this goes.

16 cornrows under my wig. I'm thinking I might do some singles after this 6 weeks wig wearing. I have a soror who does an amazing job. Let's see how my detangling and wash days go as I the weeks go by.

@sunbubbles - can you please officially add me. I plan to stay crowned for a while. I didn't realize I never officially joined.

I am stocked on hair. I plan to leave these in for about 8 weeks, may do touch-ups instead of removing all to stretch.

ETA: Delete pic cause it didn't show

Attachments

• photoh2.JPG
    photoh2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
sunbubbles - can you please officially add me. I plan to stay crowned for a while. I didn't realize I never officially joined.

I am stocked on hair. I plan to leave these in for about 8 weeks, may do touch-ups instead of removing all to stretch.

I finished my twists Monday nite. Here is my start pic:
picture.php

Can't see the pic...

sunbubbles Add me please. I thought I already was in this challenge put don't see my name under participants.

okay here goes..regimen: I'm doing 8 or more plaits under my wigs 4 weeks @ a time. Quick to put in & quick to take out. I do a protein & moisture treatment @ every wash.

Here is my starting pic as of Dec.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323282157177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1323282157177.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 29
I would like to join. I've been in braids since January - only took one break from them. I rebraid them when they grow out. So far, so good. I've found my own way of maintaining my fragile edges with some success.

Holding for starting pictures and regimine.

Regime:

Very simple. Wash when I want, usually every other day. I just started using AsIAm cleansing pudding which works nicely, so far. I was and will probably continue using Mane and Tail's dandruff shampoo. It works great for keeping my scalp healthy and itch free. I also read somewhere that dandruff shampoo increases hair growth rate. Not sure about that though. I oil my scalp the night before washing. I spray whatever leave in I'm feeling at the time. I have been successful at keeping my edges healthy be using aloe vera gel and Dr. Miracles Edge stuff. It works really well. I try to do a steam treatment with oil when I remember.

I am making yet another transition back to natural. I BC'd in August 2010, then made the BKT mistake and suffered terrible damage.
Braids showing edges. Been in braids for practically the entire year, granted 2 weeks.
6b09f0b4-b5ce-db5d.jpg

Edges

http://img.tapatalk.com/6b09f0b4-b5e8-8247.jpg(/Img)

Braids down

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/6b09f0b4-b854-c5ed.jpg

Hair in August 2010 after big chop. Had it straightened.

6b09f0b4-b63c-f809.jpg

Hair around May 2011

6b09f0b4-b64a-5c65.jpg

Last edited:
I'm definitely in, I'm already wearing a wig, my hair is cornrowed straight back with just about 2" of leave out. I'm going to attempt to make a full cap wig and braid all of my hair this weekend. I'll come back and post a starting pic after my wash.

ETA...I haven't washed yet, taking down my cornrows now but here's a quick picture.

picture.php

Last edited:
sunbubbles I'd like to be added and go back to wearing my 2-strand twists for 2 weeks at a time, taking them out, wash, deep condition and spritzing with a conditioning mix in between time. Starting pic:
hair120111.jpg

5 weeks in these kinky twists...I really want to take them out. They are looking pretty bad to me. I've got more new growth than I expected. If I do take them out, it will be either Friday or the weekend; but, I'm still trying to hold out for 8 weeks.

I am gonna spend the weekend putting in some senegalese twists, so sometimes this weekend I will post a starting pic, regimen and finally begin this challenge. I am very excited to not watch my hair grow!

Back