*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Trying to decide when I will install my own kinky twist, or do bomb twist, or try regular old braids. I am not expert, and just started kinky twisting my own hair recently, so I need to dedicate a whole weekend.

Just don't know what I want to do. We have til December to install, so I have some time.

So I found another way to do it and here is the pic of my starting length. Sorry it's side ways.

Attachments

• current length.jpg
    current length.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 58
I rinsed my senegalese twists every other day when I was in the desert. Sometimes I would use a light conditioner then rinse that out and lightly massage my scalp with a thin oil of my choosing. Afterwards I would wrap my twists in one of those thingys that soak up water really well (cant think of the name now) and by the time I'm dressed I have no drippys. I remember when I took them down my hair was nice and moisturized and not dry as it was in the past.

sunbubbles (and other challengers)- What is meant by 4-8 weeks with each install? Is that without re-doing any twists/braids during that time? Does the C & G method not work as effectively if the twists/braids are re-done more often? I keep my mini twists in for a month during the fall/winter. But I am not sure I could pull that off in the summer :ohwell: I would love to do this challenge, but I am concerned about the summer months & sweating...I wash my hair more often then, so I wouldn't want to go more than two weeks without a good shampoo (after takedown) and then a fresh install :look: Is that against the rules of the challenge or counterproductive because of too much manipulation of the hair? Sowwy about the 20 questions, but I only want to commit if I know I can do it right :grin: TIA

Hi ladies,

I'm back to post my reggie for the next couple of months and 2012.

On Thursday I will be 8 weeks post relaxer. I am trying to stretch this relaxer Until June 2012.

I plan to keep my hair in plaits for no longer than 6 weeks at a time.
Use the deep moisture method when putting in plaits
cowash every 5 days
deep condish plaits every 10 days
Alternate with applying Castor Oil and my MT/MN mix every night
Moisturize and seal every day
strong protein treatment everytime I remove plaits.

98% Wigging - plaits in a Bun on wash days

Thus far I only have two passes for 2012 planned, My birthday and my step-daughters graduation from high school. Then I plan to wear a twist out in a bun.

This will be my 2012 regimen - I hope to make it to WL by Dec 2012.

Starting pic taken sept 2011 after retouch.

a6890b67-935f-d6d4.jpg

@sunbubbles (and other challengers)- What is meant by 4-8 weeks with each install? Is that without re-doing any twists/braids during that time? Does the C & G method not work as effectively if the twists/braids are re-done more often? I keep my mini twists in for a month during the fall/winter. But I am not sure I could pull that off in the summer :ohwell: I would love to do this challenge, but I am concerned about the summer months & sweating...I wash my hair more often then, so I wouldn't want to go more than two weeks without a good shampoo (after takedown) and then a fresh install :look: Is that against the rules of the challenge or counterproductive because of too much manipulation of the hair? Sowwy about the 20 questions, but I only want to commit if I know I can do it right :grin: TIA

LilMissSunshine5
Hey girly!

Traditionally the C&G method is meant to leave the braids/twists etc in for an extended period of time to minimize manipulation. However, I do understand that we all have different textures on our heads and sometimes adjustments must be made. For example, I feel the need to re-do my edges when I have in individuals/mini braids etc. It has maintained the health of my edges. No point in having booty-butt length hair if my hair-line doesnt start until the middle of my scalp:lol:!!! I dont think its a problem if you have to re-do the twists every couple weeks, however they would HAVE to stay in a protective style. No taking it out 1 week, getting tired and not putting them in for another 10 days!!:flush: (you'd get an old fashioned "swirley" for that! LOL! Newayz Ill make sure I adjust the original post. I think the main goal here is to have as MINIMAL amt of manipulation as possible.

Hi ladies,

I'm back to post my reggie for the next couple of months and 2012.

On Thursday I will be 8 weeks post relaxer. I am trying to stretch this relaxer Until June 2012.

cowash every 5 days

98% Wigging - plaits in a Bun on wash days

Thus far I only have two passes for 2012 planned, My birthday and my step-daughters graduation from high school. Then I plan to wear a twist out in a bun.

This will be my 2012 regimen - I hope to make it to WL by Dec 2012.

Starting pic taken sept 2011 after retouch.

a6890b67-935f-d6d4.jpg

ojemba: This is great!! Your hair is already fabulous and thick, I cant wait to see how great its gonna look at the end of next year!! Are you bonelaxed or texlaxed and hows your stretch going thusfar?

ojemba: This is great!! Your hair is already fabulous and thick, I cant wait to see how great its gonna look at the end of next year are you bonelaxed or texlaxed and hows your stretch going thusfar?

sunbubbles thank you. I'm so super excited with the possibilities that awaits my hair in 2012. I'm determined to stick with this challenge and maintain every inch.

My hair is mostly bonelaxed but since I've been doing my own relaxers I try to cut back the time I leave the relaxer process - a bit texlaxed. Air drying and I don't flat iron helps give it a full and thick.

My stretch is going great so far. Keeping my hair in plaits is my best friend. I did a 26 weeks stretch last year and I loved the results so I'm pushing for another if not longer.

sunbubbles :lachen::lachen: You had me dying laughing with your post. Well, consider me in! :yay: I will see how things go during the summer (I may need to wash my scalp more then to avoid a scalp dermatitis flare up :look:) Damn you SD :fistshake: I am scared about this challenge, but super excited to get it started :yep:

I was hoping to install kinky twists over the weekend since it's a long one. But I think I sprained my ring finger or something. It's been painful for a week. Time to hit the doc.
I'll hold off another week, maybe just try and trim a bit this weekend.

I was hoping to install kinky twists over the weekend since it's a long one. But I think I sprained my ring finger or something. It's been painful for a week. Time to hit the doc.
I'll hold off another week, maybe just try and trim a bit this weekend.

@Golden75

OUCH! Thats wayyy too much twisting! Hope you get that taken care of!

That reminds me, I want to cowash maybe 3x a week since I work out..3 x a week lol! Anyone know a good method to control frizzies? I cowash, add braid spray n leave in then put a skull cap on and air dry so my hair flattens...Any other tricks of the trade?

I want to try to learn how to put in extensions myself, even if I can only do it well enough to retouch my edges or make the style last a bit longer

SUPER EXCITED:drunk:

Will be doing 2 strand twists.Washing and re-twisting every
2-4 weeks.

Last edited:
Ooops, I never posted my starting pic The length will look almost the same at the end of the challenge as it does now because I am trimming off the straggly ends every 3 month so here it is:

Attachments

• Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 003.jpg
    Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 61
cowash every 5 days

ojemba Your hair is gorgeous already! I have a question or 2 for your about your routine. How are you applying the castor oil? When you mentioned MT/MN, I assumed you were referring to applying it to your scalp. If so, what are the benefits of castor oil when applied to your scalp?

Also, I just bought some MN. I liquefied some coconut oil and mixed the two but it was a major fail. MN & liquid coconut oil are like oil and water. They will not mix. When the coconut oil got hard again, I was able to whip the two together. So I may have to keep the coconut oil cool & use it like a grease. What exactly is your MT/MN recipe. I've been thinking about going back to MT because I got an inch the 1 month I did use it.

Lastly, what you do you moisturize & seal with?

To anyone that's reading: my treebraids have only been in for 2 weeks & they look a hot mess already. My TWA has pulled a Kanye and stole the mic. You can't even see the cornrows in the front because of all the fuzz from my TWA. Because my hair is super soft around the perimeter & in my nape, one of my cornrows came completely off & the braids have lifted & my whole nape is just exposed underneath the extension hair. :perplexed

So...I'm probably going to just start wearing a beehive (with extension hair) under a wig & I'll be forced to hide my hair & I can still do C&G. What do you think?

I am sooo in. I am in weaves right now and on alternating in with wigs for the next year. The contest i needed to keep me on track.

Back