*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Still in my twists, hope to keep them in till the end of December, or even my birthday at the end of January, we'll see. I get bored soooo easily!

I really want to join this but I can't see myself hiding my hair all year. I will be watching this thread and PS for awhile. I already plan to do another set of braids. I plan to start beauty school in Jan so maybe keeping my hair braided will be for the best but ugh, It takes FOREVER. Cheap and worth it but UGH!

TGIF ladies,

1 week in my plaits. I did a cowash yesterday morning. Planning on keeping these plaits until dec 2. Ohh I'm hiding plaits under a wig, no hair left out.

I'll participate from the sidelines. I already protective style since my last relaxer Oct 09. It has gotten me to 2'' above APL. I'm very lazy to post progress pics and updates so it will be a sideline commitment for me.

I go hardcore in PStyling and i'm really hoping to reach BSL stretched.(no heat)

Best of luck to all participants.

I've gotten off to an eraly start and got kinky twists done yesterday. I'm gonna keep these in until the official start of this challenge.

Evallusion So... you didn't take any pics? :look:

Just joking with you Evallusion. Hi ladies - just checking in. I get antsy when I have braids. It drives me mad that I can't get to my hair. But I keep telling myself that I can't give up. PSing really helps my growth/retention rate & I'm on a WL mission for my 40th. So if anyone needs encouragement, I'm here to say don't give up!

I am really bad with following up with update pick but I'll try :)
Anywho here is my starting point. I want to be WL next year.

Sent from my Super Kewl EVO... Please blame the phone for the typos

Almost forgot to add it lol

Sent from my Super Kewl EVO... Please blame the phone for the typos

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1320451521430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1320451521430.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 77
nakialovesshoes LOL. I would have taken pics but my toddler spilled juice all over my new phone and I had to order a new one. Toddlers... :spinning: Once it gets here, I promise you guys some pics! :yep:

I get back into braids the 12th, I'm super excited!! My hair is bsb length and I'm hoping by may (3 year hair journey anniversary) that I'll be mbl by then! I see women with braids and I'm getting soooo impatient now! lol!

Hi Ladies, just check in, my braids need to be redone, but I'm trying to hold on for another 2weeks. Everything is going good, keeping my hair moisturized and ends protected. I'll post my starting pic sometime in dec...Happy Hair Growing Ladies

I'm in!

But I got a question.........

In doing Crown and Glory do I have to add extentions to my braids or can I just braid??

I don't wear my hair out. I wear a wig cap and a scarf when I go outside.

Last edited:
I'm in!

But I got a question.........

In doing Crown and Glory do I have to add extentions to my braids or can I just braid??

I don't wear my hair out. I wear a wig cap and a scarf when I go outside.

I think you can also do this, as long as you keep your hair protected as you say you will do, as well as hydrated and nourished. :)

I'm in too! I need to re-up on PS-ing for 2012. I mostly wear wash n' gos with KT + KCCC but its getting cold now so I need to change this up. I will post starting pics and reggie in December. I am about 2 inches away from APL flat ironed - my goal is to make APL and beyond in 2012.

Here are my starting pics:

Attachments

• Hair-20111127-2142.jpg
    Hair-20111127-2142.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Hair-20111127-2146.jpg
    Hair-20111127-2146.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Checkin in ! washed my hair and re-did (lol not a word) my braids, my scalp feels 200000000x better :grin:

Ladies, do any of you where a wig with a side bang (think meagan goode) or full chinese bangs (think nikki minaj) that is NOT shiny ?? I think i want a try a wig but i dont want it to look cheap and wiggy :/ I might just have to make my own cuz i dont want my wig reflectin the sun :nono:

I have just officially subscribed but have been lurking since July 2010. Please add me to this challenge. I have been protective styling 100% in wigs since April 2011. Will have a starting picture as of Dec 2011. I am currently 12 weeks post. Soooo excited! Hello everyone!

Mimi :luv2:

Last edited:
Checkin in ! washed my hair and re-did (lol not a word) my braids, my scalp feels 200000000x better :grin:

Ladies, do any of you where a wig with a side bang (think meagan goode) or full chinese bangs (think nikki minaj) that is NOT shiny ?? I think i want a try a wig but i dont want it to look cheap and wiggy :/ I might just have to make my own cuz i dont want my wig reflectin the sun :nono:

Lol! Thank you Jesus for someone who wants hair that looks like real hair!! All the wigs I've seen are so fake it's almost funny! :lol: I've been thinking about getting a wig, but when I've seen all the fails, noooo, I'll still to braids that look natural :lol:

count me in...I have a twa, so this should be easy for me since I rarely wear my twa out. today I am going to attempt tree braids. wish me luck, lol I am so lazy when it comes to my hair but at the same time to cheap to pay.

nakialovesshoes and platinum have inspired me.

Last edited:
count me in...I have a twa, so this should be easy for me since I rarely wear my twa out. today I am going to attempt tree braids. wish me luck, lol I am so lazy when it comes to my hair but at the same time to cheap to pay.

nakialovesshoes and platinum have inspired me.

glamchick84 Please post some pics when you're done. :yep:

Please add me to the challenge. I started C&G in August to help me transition. Just had kinky twists installed yesterday and will be wearing them until Feb 4th. I'll post pics soon.

Lol! Thank you Jesus for someone who wants hair that looks like real hair!! All the wigs I've seen are so fake it's almost funny! :lol: I've been thinking about getting a wig, but when I've seen all the fails, noooo, I'll still to braids that look natural :lol:

lmaoo yess i want my wig to be convincing ! obvious wigs are NOT cute lol :lachen: at least put a little bit of baby powder on that lol.... im gonna make my own and take some pics :yep:

I'm gonna wear my hair in twists until the start of the challenge when I put in senegalese twists. I need a break from styling my hair, I am 24 weeks post and I am just a little sick of it all at the moment.

I'm a newbie and SOOOO in on this challenge. I'll have all necessities in by the deadline. Thanks 4this forum & I look 4ward 2 taking this journey with u all!!!

Sent from my iPhone, HHG~

I found a wig that I want after I do my braids so that will help me go a little longer.

excuse my typos i hate it as much as you.

hey has anyone been successful with daily scalp rinsing while in braids? i use the stocking cap method to wash/condition/cowash so im not concerned about tangling, manipulation or messing up my braids....i use a growth aid on my scalp nightly and i was lookin into daily rinsing in the mornings

I get bad matting and tangling if my hair ends up wet under braids. So I only wash my scalp with an applicator bottle with diluted shampoo.

Back