2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Saw this posted on FB today:

Isaiah 41:10-13

10 fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
11 Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish.
12 You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all.
13 For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

I def agree however that person also has to want to get better. Unfortunately some people stay in the same place spiritually for years because they like being the victim. They like the attention and they don't feel God really loves them which makes it impossible for them to get healing. Encourage people yes but also recognize people that may be there just to drain you spiritually. I had a friend like this who I am no longer friends with and I thank God I finally realized this and moved on lol. I wish the best for her but ultimately I cannot make anyone change, none of us can. All we can do is pray for that person and believe that they will overcome their issues

I always look at it as some arent' meant to handle everyone for long time frames. Some people need more time than others. Sometimes we don't know the damage we do to some who need understanding. I know God probable looks at a lot of us and is so patient and is so comforting even when we have done the same things a million times wrong lol. I watched a sermon recently and it stated to extend the same grace and mercy God has. We don't ever want what we deserve and I am trying to extend that same to people.

OAN: I am noticing something different in me. I am being more open and it has been real surprising to me. I appear to be open here but its very surface for me. However speaking to people has been awesome. It's like ok not everyone looks down on me bc I'm not perfect or something I think I should be. Therapy is helping as well. I don't believe anymore that God will do this or that. If its to happen it's up to me. Now let me say I know God is powerful and such but prayer without work is dead so.. I'm taking off the pressure of wanting to be so cutesy like one of my old church friends. I'm me God made me as I am I can't try to be no one else and God loves me for me right where I am. That's truly a revelation.

OAN: I am noticing something different in me. I am being more open and it has been real surprising to me. I appear to be open here but its very surface for me. However speaking to people has been awesome. It's like ok not everyone looks down on me bc I'm not perfect or something I think I should be. Therapy is helping as well. I don't believe anymore that God will do this or that. If its to happen it's up to me. Now let me say I know God is powerful and such but prayer without work is dead so.. I'm taking off the pressure of wanting to be so cutesy like one of my old church friends. I'm me God made me as I am I can't try to be no one else and God loves me for me right where I am. That's truly a revelation.

:yep::yep::yep: You keep on that good road.

Saw this posted on FB today:

Isaiah 41:10-13

10 fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
11 Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish.
12 You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all.
13 For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

I can think of one country that truly needs this. Purge the ones who uphold the bad image...and trust in the Holy One for deliverance. Thank you for the prayer.

Everyone should be watching TBN right now, so inspirational!!!!!

LoveisYou ...

I haven't watched TBN in a while. When you have a moment, can you share a little of what blessed you last night? If you say it was good, I believe it.:yep:

Thank you much. :Rose:

Hey Shimmie

It was a "roundtable" setting with Bishop Jakes, Pastor Marvin Sapp and some other pastors. They discussed a bunch of topics, but the 2 that stood out to me concerned God's grace and getting through difficult times.

Some of the men shared personal testimonies of being in the valley and how God brought them out, and they spoke about God's grace and how we could look at His grace toward us to extend grace to others .

I'll see if I can find the clip.

ETA: You can find the clip here
http://buzz.eewmagazine.com/eew-mag...s-hosts-tbns-praise-the-lord-with-marvin.html

Last edited:
Hey Shimmie

It was a "roundtable" setting with Bishop Jakes, Pastor Marvin Sapp and some other pastors. They discussed a bunch of topics, but the 2 that stood out to me concerned God's grace and getting through difficult times.

Some of the men shared personal testimonies of being in the valley and how God brought them out, and they spoke about God's grace and how we could look at His grace toward us to extend grace to others .

I'll see if I can find the clip.

ETA: You can find the clip here
http://buzz.eewmagazine.com/eew-mag...s-hosts-tbns-praise-the-lord-with-marvin.html

Thanks... "Love" :love2:

I can sense how much this ministered to you. It's so nice when God knows exactly what we need to hear at the exact time of our needs.

I appreciate you coming back to share this. God bless you a 1000 fold and more, in Jesus' Name.

:flowers:

Thanks... "Love" :love2:

I can sense how much this ministered to you. It's so nice when God knows exactly what we need to hear at the exact time of our needs.

I appreciate you coming back to share this. God bless you a 1000 fold and more, in Jesus' Name.

:flowers:

Thanks, it really did.

Yesterday was quite the day. I was ending a 3 day fast where I sought God for answers to a particular obstacle I've been facing.

I hit a low point earlier in the day until I came across a few sermons etc. that uplifted my spirit and reminded me that God is God ALL of the time.

My fast ended at midnight and I caught the program at the tail end of my fast , which resulted in me ending my fast praising God. I needed those words at that time so badly. You're so right, God is always on time.

May God continue to bless you in Jesus' name, thank you for bringing the truth to the forum:yep:.

Ever feel like there's just something you're missing but can't figure out what it is? Yeah, that.

Last edited:
Some of the people who profess Christianity can be some of the meanest people around. Watching people hurt because of it is often angering. Have you ever just wanted to tell someone just how bad they have hurt someone else and that they need to take responsibility? Stop walking around like you aren't a danger to other people. Tired of watching...

Some of the people who profess Christianity can be some of the meanest people around. Watching people hurt because of it is often angering. Have you ever just wanted to tell someone just how bad they have hurt someone else and that they need to take responsibility? Stop walking around like you aren't a danger to other people. Tired of watching...

Is it anyway that you can tell the person in love. We all have blind spots when it come to ourselves and sometimes it takes another person loving rebuke for us to realize our flaws and inconsistencies.

Sometimes I wish I could share some non surface christian thoughts. But the fear of outlandish comments would make me revoke my membership.

I really wonder if I judge myself far too critically. I often feel so restraint in life. I know the word says the path that is wide is the path to destruction and the narrow path is what is best. However I feel like I can't do alot of things in fear I will have too much fun or enjoy life too much. I take my walk seriously and sometimes I wonder if I will ever be at a point where I'm acceptable in his sight. I know I'm not perfect and I don't do everything right. However I aspire to but aspiring and doing are two different things. Back to lurking.

GoddessMaker said:
Sometimes I wish I could share some non surface christian thoughts. But the fear of outlandish comments would make me revoke my membership.

I really wonder if I judge myself far too critically. I often feel so restraint in life. I know the word says the path that is wide is the path to destruction and the narrow path is what is best. However I feel like I can't do alot of things in fear I will have too much fun or enjoy life too much. I take my walk seriously and sometimes I wonder if I will ever be at a point where I'm acceptable in his sight. I know I'm not perfect and I don't do everything right. However I aspire to but aspiring and doing are two different things. Back to lurking.

We as people judge ourselves far more harshly than God does. Instead of listening to your own harsh judgements, see yourself the way Our Father sees you. Find as many scriptures as you can on His amazing love for you and declare them over and over until you believe them and don't doubt. The biggest tactic of the enemy is to keep us blinded to who we really are in Christ. That's what he attempts to do when he tells us things about ourselves that don't agree with God's word.

2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Make any thoughts that try to convince you that you are anything less than what God says obey the Word of God. Make any thoughts that you are bound and not free in Him obey the Word of God. You are already accepted by him and very precious in his eyes.

Ephesians 1:5-6 KJV

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

Last edited:
:Rose: Give Thanks for His Goodness

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."

----- 1 Chronicles 16:34

Love the most difficult four letter word to me in the human language. If I have rules and follow law but have no love I have nothing. I find myself trying to do everything the law says or try to but love I have not. I have compassion and love for others but for self I have not. I'm happy that I'm getting help but in the same breathe I wonder will it work am I fixable? I know the word says he that started a good work in me will see it to completion. I know what the words says about love..I studied it for the entire month of July. Even with studying it I still find myself being mad when I desire certain things or feeling confident. I know one day I will be able to love thy self balanced.

Good morning Saints! Let us rejoice in the day. I know it won't always be easy but letting stuff go and letting yourself breathe is a awesome thing. Thank God for people who are obedient and producing things that can give a person a new outlook on life. I noticed that over the weekend God addressed the topic of worry real hard. I got a book on something that goes along the same lines. My pastor is launching a series on the topic In God we Trust. It's on the format of the fact we can trust in God and we don't have to worry. If God has taken care of the birds then how much more does he love us the very creature that was made in his image.

Have a great day!

Im still pushing through the storm although It hurts really bad I should trust and look to him for guidance.I really do feel like this whole situation happend for a reason because Im only and truly looking to him.

How to tell the difference between the false and the real: "The false will take from you, at your expense. The true imparts to you that you grow thereby, that you mature and you go forth. The false, you come to it, the real you go out from it....It's outflow from the real, not inflow."
-Gary Price

reading Finally the Bride and she said something to the effect that she doesn't feel valued or treasured......and I completely understood....

Back