2011 - Christian Random Thoughts

This parable is told of a farmer who owned an old mule. The mule fell into the farmer’s well. The farmer heard the mule praying or whatever mules do when they fall into wells. After carefully assessing the situation, the farmer sympathized with the mule, but decided that neither the mule nor the well was worth the trouble of saving. Instead, he called his neighbors together, told them what had happened, and enlisted them to help haul dirt to bury the old mule in the well and put him out of his misery.

Initially the old mule was hysterical! But as the farmer and his neighbors continued shoveling and the dirt hit his back, a thought struck him. It suddenly dawned on him that every time a shovel load of dirt landed on his back, HE WOULD SHAKE IT OFF AND STEP UP!

This he did, blow after blow. “Shake it off and step up…shake it off and step up…shake it off and step up!” He repeated to encourage himself. No matter how painful the blows, or how distressing the situation seemed, the old mule fought panic and just kept right on SHAKING IT OFF AND STEPPING UP!

It wasn’t long before the old mule, battered and exhausted, stepped triumphantly over the wall of that well! What seemed like it would bury him actually helped him . . . all because of the manner in which he handled his adversity.

This parable is told of a farmer who owned an old mule. The mule fell into the farmer’s well. The farmer heard the mule praying or whatever mules do when they fall into wells. After carefully assessing the situation, the farmer sympathized with the mule, but decided that neither the mule nor the well was worth the trouble of saving. Instead, he called his neighbors together, told them what had happened, and enlisted them to help haul dirt to bury the old mule in the well and put him out of his misery.

Initially the old mule was hysterical! But as the farmer and his neighbors continued shoveling and the dirt hit his back, a thought struck him. It suddenly dawned on him that every time a shovel load of dirt landed on his back, HE WOULD SHAKE IT OFF AND STEP UP!

This he did, blow after blow. “Shake it off and step up…shake it off and step up…shake it off and step up!” He repeated to encourage himself. No matter how painful the blows, or how distressing the situation seemed, the old mule fought panic and just kept right on SHAKING IT OFF AND STEPPING UP!

It wasn’t long before the old mule, battered and exhausted, stepped triumphantly over the wall of that well! What seemed like it would bury him actually helped him . . . all because of the manner in which he handled his adversity.

Standing Ovation .... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Precious Wavy, I love this message.... awesome.

It's no small wonder, my name is 'Shimmie' I've been shaking off the dirt of the devil so much, that now all he can do is miss...

Think Im going to sign off this site for a while maybe just until the weekend.I may come back Sunday to post in the fitness thread then go poof for awhile.Trying to cope with too much at one time and trying to connect with ppl who dish you isn't what I need.I wish I could ask certain ppl what their deal is so I could get closure.Lord please help me not do anything over the weekend..I should get some rest must do OT tomorrow..be great ladies.

Loving you, Praying for you... Our precious sister you are. :kiss:

Lord what are you teaching me? I want the lesson. I am beginning to see some things in me that I don't like, Lord I need you.

Great message!
:grin:

Mat 6:24-34
(24) No man can serve two masters for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(25) Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
(26) Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
(27) Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?(
(28) And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
(29) And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
(30) Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
(31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
(33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(34) Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

tumblr_ltri3hOcHx1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

If you haven't done so already I would like to suggest something to you and GM ask the Lord what would he have you to do...you might be surprised that it may not be something you are 'trained' or want to do...be open to whatever he is calling you to do...

Iwanthealthyhair67 it's funny you said that. I'm actually asking God what career path would he like for me to take. I'm very tired of the career struggle. I'm at a point that it should be easy. But God will work it out.

You can be complete in Christ and ask Him for a mate if it's the desire of your heart... just boldly ask once and believe that He will keep His Promise and thank Him for it.
Begging and asking for the same thing over and over, allows unbelief to get in the way ...God cannot keep His Promises in the middle of unbelief. So, basically, He would be the One waiting....

So true!

MarriageMaterial (((hugs))) I feel your pain. I am in graduate school and sometimes I am not sure. The career struggle is a very painful one, it has caused me a lot of pain, there's something very unsettling about not knowing your true purpose or not living it. I know my purpose is to serve God but in what form? I think I have an idea but I am not sure. I have prayed for guidance.

One day this past summer as I was on my way to my summer job I started crying. Here I was going to a job I hated, and I knew I couldn't do something like that for the rest of my life. It's my prayer that God clearly reveals to me what I was born/created to do.

LoveisYou and MarriageMaterial use the place your in now to learn.I really believe whatever my role will be is going to need me to have Jesus patience,the ability to work with various audiences bc that is the type of job I have now.I believe that HR may never come for me as I can't seem to find work in it.Positions are either too admin like or way too advanced.However I know me I have never been one to be contained so in my eyes my role may be that of multiple things..chin up ladies.

Mat 18:21-22
(21) Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
(22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Gen 50:19-21
(19) And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
(20) But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
(21) Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.

I really don't have anything to say.I know the what I'm thinking about it time to change.I was watching a sermon today called Getaway from Zion Church and its time to rest,reflect and recreate.The parts that really hit me was the reflect and recreate.Reflecting will provide you insight to things your doing wrong.When God asked Adam where are you God knew where the fool was but it was a much deeper question like where are you in your life and path.Recreate is re-inventing yourself and doing things in a whole new way.My walk with God I have to do something new.I feel like quitting and I need to rest so I can reflect.In anything your feeling like throwing in the towel please take some time away from it and allow God to give you reflection and a new plan to make that thing work.

We are 4 weeks away to the new year.Are there some ppl,places and things that need to stop this year? Do that now! Don't say oh Im going to pray that this the greatest cop-out I hear amongst AA ppl.Either are you ready or not! Then afterwards allow reflect to come and start with new gusto.2011 is fine taught me alot but 2012 my oh my must be on point.

tumblr_lvaaq0jC8h1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

tumblr_luoyweKHOn1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lufgtb8w3V1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsh7hhPwfe1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

I really don't have anything to say.I know the what I'm thinking about it time to change.I was watching a sermon today called Getaway from Zion Church and its time to rest,reflect and recreate.The parts that really hit me was the reflect and recreate.Reflecting will provide you insight to things your doing wrong.When God asked Adam where are you God knew where the fool was but it was a much deeper question like where are you in your life and path.Recreate is re-inventing yourself and doing things in a whole new way.My walk with God I have to do something new.I feel like quitting and I need to rest so I can reflect.In anything your feeling like throwing in the towel please take some time away from it and allow God to give you reflection and a new plan to make that thing work.

We are 4 weeks away to the new year.Are there some ppl,places and things that need to stop this year? Do that now! Don't say oh Im going to pray that this the greatest cop-out I hear amongst AA ppl.Either are you ready or not! Then afterwards allow reflect to come and start with new gusto.2011 is fine taught me alot but 2012 my oh my must be on point.

tumblr_lvaaq0jC8h1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

tumblr_luoyweKHOn1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lufgtb8w3V1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsh7hhPwfe1qkzpggo1_500.jpg

:kiss: :grouphug2: :love3:

We were born to worship God he created us for his good pleasure...what I'm learning is that it is not what I want that's important but what God wants for me, the moment we can grasp that the easier it will be for us...

A few years ago one of my bosses was really giving me a hard time it would seem that nothing that I would please him he critiqued everything that I did, many days I would leave work depressed and some times he made me cry...

I wasn't saved back then and as i look back I'm glad that I stayed and endured, that whole experienced worked out something in me that was necessary for this present time ...I needed to change, change doesn't always make us feel good sometimes it hurts, but if we could stay and allow the change to take place it will all work out for our good.

yes, God will work it out, but how soon depends on us...

QUOTE=MarriageMaterial;14770851]@Iwanthealthyhair67 it's funny you said that. I'm actually asking God what career path would he like for me to take. I'm very tired of the career struggle. I'm at a point that it should be easy. But God will work it out.

So true![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
God I often wonder why folx do what they do, when they do it. I wonder who's been getting those disbursements since my Dad died? I'm sure this was a ploy to withhold monies from his wife/my mother. I gotta control my emotions because I'm really pissed at this latest mess. I don't wanna be involved cuz now I'm sure I'm feeling some of the same emotions my aunt that with held the info/disbursement checks felt almost 4 years ago. Those checks better not have been cashed is all I'm saying. Somebody is going to jail if so. Give me strength to ignore ery'body further.

Lord you literally "showed" me who was in my corner last week.....It's amazing how family will see you hurting and suffering and just step on over you! Thankful that you brought me through in spite of it all. I now know that YOU are the ONLY one I can count on to never leave me or forsake me. Thank you for bringing me through this illness......Give me the strength to make it through the rest of 2011 and start 2012 on a positive note!

Why can't I find a church that I like? I don't want to be in a megachurch full of fake praise. I don't want to be 1 of 10 people in a hole in the wall congregation. I don't want to be the oldest or youngest member. I don't want to have to dress like Little House on the Prairie, and I don't want to go where strip tease clothes are the norm. WHY oh why does this seem so hard to find???????

THIS is a great parable.

Right on time too.

Wow...but it's kinda funny. That anti-proselytizing proverbial glass wall came crashing down but I remain nice. I can see your lips moving and it might appear I'm listening to you, but I cannot hear a word you are saying cuz I'm fine. LOL. I call that 'protection.' L-rd, give me strength cuz I wanted to push that man down. That's not biblical.:lol:

Last edited:
I'm happy to know that when I got born again, the spirit man -- who I really AM -- was made perfect through Christ. God loves ME, not the flesh I'm wrapped in. For this, I'm grateful for this freedom from all condemnation !!!

I'm still hearing a lot of I and me, what I want, what I feel ...help us t0 die to the desires of this flesh so that it will me no more we/me but you ...I don't want to be mistaken for the crowd, when men see me I want them to see you in me and hear you in me...

I'm not directing this to anyone or responding to anyone's post..Even in this walk we say we want to focus all on God its something to strive for.Its not abnormal nor sinful to know what your desires are and make sure they are on accord with God.Maybe one day I won't be focused on not being poor all my life and such.Like if I could fast forward to the end I would so the pain and strain of making ends met would be over.I go somewhere every day where I feel like a alien.I'm thankful for discernment bc when things don't hit right I know to dig deeper.I see different things right now and it makes me a bit leery of people esp those who proclaim to be Christian.I was happy to be able to encourage others when I know others have attempted to encourage me.I really believe encouragement has to be received and one must def understand who they are in God.It's a process I know more than anyone.I just want to be in tuned and unstoppable.

I'm researching study material for 2012.I tried this year to do daily readings and fell of.I don't know that it was important enough or if I made it accessible enough.This year I want a daily devotional that has substance base pieces in it.I know the path of career may change drastically for me if this is what its leading to and I def will need the word in order to go through a PhD program if that is for me to be a psych.

Back