2010 Sulfur Challenge

I take the pills. Mine also says OptiMSM, I think it's the good one.

Oh cool! I just applied my mix to my scalp:

MSM powder
Castor Oil
Peppermint EO
Lavender Vanilla EO

I didn't use S8 tonight. I will apply the MSM powder (with oil) externally (topically) at night and take it internally during the day with water or juice. I think I will stick with 2000mg per day to begin with.

I have been using sulfur8 grease in my MN mix and use it about 3 times a week on my scalp. I haven't decided yet if I want to join the challenge but I would like to follow it for a while though, if that's okay?

:hiya:Hey Aggie!! Been missing you around these parts!

Count me in

As I only have sulfur8 I will start with this (every 2 days). I also take MSM orally (1000 mcg everyday).
If I have any allergic reaction or setback with sulfur8 I will tell you so I'll stop the challenge.

Milaydy

I would like to join. I am going to use BT. I have also been taking MSM since October.

Starting pic
24e6jko.jpg

I'm in... I have a little Bt left and will use s8 + MN until it gets warm because I cant do S8 in the summer.

Welcome to the challenge ladies!!

Update: I received my MSM the other day. For years I've taken 1,000 mg capsules. I'm taking 2 per day. Also, my sulfur powder came yesterday. Today, I added 1/2 teaspoon to my oil mix in an applicator bottle. I applied to my scalp and put S8 over it. This will be my regimen for the forseeable future. By making my own MTG, the smell of sulfur is almost non-existent. I should have thought of this years ago when I bought MTG for the first time!

When I use up the rest of my MTG, this is what I'll be doing from now on.:yep:

I'm not officially in this challenge, but I wanted to ask if you ladies think the MSM content of GNC Ultra Nourishair is enough to make a difference with hair growth? It has 500mg in it.

I would think it would be enough, especially considering it contains Boitin as well.

Checking in for Monday...I used my sulfur mix and massaged for 15 min. On Tuesday, I massaged my scalp for 15 min. and today I plan to wash/dc my hair and reapply my sulfur mix.

Morning ladies, I just added my MSM to my water w/ a splash of lemon. I have already mixed up my other water bottle for lunch! So there u have it!

Hi,
I used my S8 last night and I plan to use it tonight. But I have a question. Do you use your S8 only on your scalp or do you put in your hair too? 'cause I used it on scalp and hair and...its not greasy but a little sticky, I don't really like this sensation :perplexed
It is the same for you? Maybe I am too heavy handed.

Milaydy

Hi,
I used my S8 last night and I plan to use it tonight. But I have a question. Do you use your S8 only on your scalp or do you put in your hair too? 'cause I used it on scalp and hair and...its not greasy but a little sticky, I don't really like this sensation :perplexed

Milaydy

I'm not using sulfur 8, but hopefully some of the oher ladies will chime in soon.

So, I'm SERIOUSLY mixing up some concoctions over here. :look: I thought I'd try mn, so I mixed it with bt, to turbo charge the remainder of my BT (I didn't think BT was doing much because I couldn't feel anything like I did when I was using mtg). So, when I STILL didn't feel much happening, and I didn't want to lose out on the benefits I felt I was getting with mtg, I added in a little mtg. Didn't want to put too much in because the smell is the main reason I switched.

Anyway, today I bought some rosemary essential oil and added a bit to my "sulfur mixture". Yeah uh, somebody should've told me how potent a few drops are. :ohwell: I mixed in enough so that the rosemary smell is fairly potent. So I thought, shoot, I might as well add more mtg, since that smell probably wouldn't overpower the rosemary. :rolleyes: It didn't. Smells sort of minty but, I did feel tingles when I put it on. I'm happy with that (so far) even if it's only for psychological reasons.

I figure the mixture might have a drying effect but, no worries. I do daily scalp massages with jbco. We'll see what happens. At worse, I'll be a bald eagle within a week. At best, I'll have hair down to my knees within a week. :lachen::lachen::lachen: :blush:. Somebody pray for an over-ambitious mad scientist and I'll keep you posted. Hey, no risk, no reward. :spinning:

Oh, and btw, nobody better be offended by the "bald eagle" comment or I WILL go old skool and grab a switch! And I'm NOT afraid to use it. :yep:

So, I'm SERIOUSLY mixing up some concoctions over here. :look: I thought I'd try mn, so I mixed it with bt, to turbo charge the remainder of my BT (I didn't think BT was doing much because I couldn't feel anything like I did when I was using mtg). So, when I STILL didn't feel much happening, and I didn't want to lose out on the benefits I felt I was getting with mtg, I added in a little mtg. Didn't want to put too much in because the smell is the main reason I switched.

Anyway, today I bought some rosemary essential oil and added a bit to my "sulfur mixture". Yeah uh, somebody should've told me how potent a few drops are. :ohwell: I mixed in enough so that the rosemary smell is fairly potent. So I thought, shoot, I might as well add more mtg, since that smell probably wouldn't overpower the rosemary. :rolleyes: It didn't. Smells sort of minty but, I did feel tingles when I put it on. I'm happy with that (so far) even if it's only for psychological reasons.

I figure the mixture might have a drying effect but, no worries. I do daily scalp massages with jbco. We'll see what happens. At worse, I'll be a bald eagle within a week. At best, I'll have hair down to my knees within a week. :lachen::lachen::lachen: :blush:. Somebody pray for an over-ambitious mad scientist and I'll keep you posted. Hey, no risk, no reward. :spinning:

Oh, and btw, nobody better be offended by the "bald eagle" comment or I WILL go old skool and grab a switch! And I'm NOT afraid to use it. :yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm over here dying because you sound like me. Lord knows I have plenty concoctions of my own. I really need to start putting labels with the ingredients on them so I wont forget what I used.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm over here dying because you sound like me. Lord knows I have plenty concoctions of my own. I really need to start putting labels with the ingredients on them so I wont forget what I used.

I have turned into a mad scientist over here. I have made labels for my concoctions just so that I can remember what's what. I just made a skin cream. Hmmm...? What's next? :grin:

Hi,

Milaydy

Hi, Milaydy! :yep: I have used S8 for years, and have NEVER applied it specifically to my hair. Back when I used to wrap my relaxed hair nightly before bed, if I had the S8 (or whatever other grease) on my scalp, it would end up on my hair. It's just too heavy for that. I only apply to my scalp and edges. Some other lighter greases like BB Super Gro can be applied to hair, if you wish. But S8 is almost like pure Vaseline in it's viscosity and thickness!
------------------
Otherwise, here's my chall. update: I applied my challenge products last night, and my scalp feels really good. Can't wait to see how this helps my growth rate!

I've decided to mix my sulu max gro with olive oil creme/castor oil/coconut milk creme. So far thats been helping to keep my moisture balance during the day.
Overnight i will still use sulu to the scalp seal with evoo and baggy.

Used kiwi strawberry Bee Mine! Hubby absolutely hate's the smell of it. :wallbash:
My starting pic is in my siggie.

Hi guys!
checking in. So I used my self mixed msm oil mix three times this week and kept a plastic cap on when out in the cold (with my beret over it). Today I took out my twist in front edges loose (I'm doing low manipulation styles using wigs). My hair felt extremely dry despite using carrot creme oil and castor oil to moisturize during the week. So I would like to know what are you ladies using as moisturizers to combat the drying effects of sulfur?
I would like to use more natural creme like moisturizers whether home made or store bought.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MSM hair oils for 2010.jpg
    MSM hair oils for 2010.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7
I have been using my sulfur mix with oils everyday, no problems or dryness because I been sealing with argan oil.

Hi,

Milaydy

I use sulfur 8 grease but I also use other things in my MN mix like a water-based moisturizer, a few ounces of carrier oils, and essential oils. I only ise it on my scalp, never my hair and I don't get a sticky feeling from it either. You really only need a little bit of it.

Hey FL. I been missin' all of you ladies too. It feels so good to be back. I may not be as active as I was before but I will try to check in as often as possible.

Glad to have you back, you look pretty in your siggy pic. How's the transition going?

Hi guys!
checking in. So I used my self mixed msm oil mix three times this week and kept a plastic cap on when out in the cold (with my beret over it). Today I took out my twist in front edges loose (I'm doing low manipulation styles using wigs). My hair felt extremely dry despite using carrot creme oil and castor oil to moisturize during the week. So I would like to know what are you ladies using as moisturizers to combat the drying effects of sulfur?
I would like to use more natural creme like moisturizers whether home made or store bought.

Thanks in advance!

I apply my MTG/homemade sulfur mixture to my scalp only. I pour a little in my hands, rub them together and massage my scalp only. I do this several times, concentrating on the front then the back. I purposely try to avoid the rest of the hair. I'll use another oil like Hairveda or Afroveda for the ends. I also use HE LTR/Cantu Shea whenever I need extra moisture. I noticed the more ng I got the drier it became. However cowashing has helped tremendously.

I have been using my sulfur mix with oils everyday, no problems or dryness because I been sealing with argan oil.

I've noticed my homemade oil doesn't leave my hair as dry as the MTG. I haven't tea rinsed since doing this routine for fear that it will become too dry. Are you still doing it? If so how is it working?

I've been applying my sulfur oil mix to my scalp and ends pretty much every night. I apply it to my scalp and brush it through to distribute. Then I hit my ends up with a little bit more.
Should I not do this? Should I only use the sulfur on my scalp and use another oil on my length and ends? I am having problems with tangling, shedding and breakage. I am trying to figure out if its my hard water or if I am doing it to myself. Is the sulfur good for my scalp but bad for my hair?

I've noticed my homemade oil doesn't leave my hair as dry as the MTG. I haven't tea rinsed since doing this routine for fear that it will become too dry. Are you still doing it? If so how is it working?
I still use tea rinse but everyother week and it still making my hair soft. I don't know what is in MTG but it probably the oil that is not the same or thick as what we are mixing. Maybe there is too much alcohol in MTG.
I'm using every oil I have jojoba,almond,castor,avocado,coconut. I also make sure I moisturize with some kind of shea butter or afroveda custurds.

Last edited:
hi ladies!

can i join? i've just ordered some bt last week.....i don't know when it'll get here, though, given the reports of really slow shipping i've read about....but when it arrives, i'll certainly be trying it!

hhg to all!

I've been applying my sulfur oil mix to my scalp and ends pretty much every night. I apply it to my scalp and brush it through to distribute. Then I hit my ends up with a little bit more.
Should I not do this? Should I only use the sulfur on my scalp and use another oil on my length and ends? I am having problems with tangling, shedding and breakage. I am trying to figure out if its my hard water or if I am doing it to myself. Is the sulfur good for my scalp but bad for my hair?

I think I read that you should put the mix on the scalp not the length of the hair. I think sulfur is drying on the ends of the hair. Maybe just putting castor oil on the length would be better.

hi ladies!

can i join? i've just ordered some bt last week.....i don't know when it'll get here, though, given the reports of really slow shipping i've read about....but when it arrives, i'll certainly be trying it!

hhg to all!

You most certainly can. Welcome!

Back