2010 Sulfur Challenge

I have been using my sulfur mix with oils everyday, no problems or dryness because I been sealing with argan oil.

Is argan oil as moisturizing as castor oil? I was also baggying my head when I went running. I don't know if the sweat mixed with sulfur may have added to the dryness. I only put the sulfur mix on my scalp, not the length of the hair.

Is argan oil as moisturizing as castor oil? I was also baggying my head when I went running. I don't know if the sweat mixed with sulfur may have added to the dryness. I only put the sulfur mix on my scalp, not the length of the hair.

Yes it is, my hair is very soft. I had been sitting on it for a while. It very silky to me.

Ladies I have been meaning to share my experience with relaxing since using the sulfur on my scalp. I stopped using it a week before my relaxer and still had an adverse reaction. The problem was I cowashed it out instead of using shampoo.:wallbash: My relaxer burned much faster and I also had areas that were under processed. My relaxer never burns till it's almost time to rinse and sometimes not even then. I did my research, thought I took the necessary precautions, I even read where a member on BHM lost a patch of hair from not washing the sulfur out first.:nono: The others complained of burning and under processing. I knew all of this and still half stepped, trying to be lazy.:wallbash: I basically was underestimating how damaging the effects of sulfur and lye could be when mixed. Thank God I didn't have any breakage. Just burning and a little shedding that Motions CPR quickly got under control. I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't at least cowashed.

For all the newbies to sulfur on the scalp that relax, make sure you wash it COMPLETELY out of your hair at least week before your touch up. And wait at least a week after before you start back using it.

Hopefully this information will help someone from having a setback or scalp burns. My hair is doing fine and I still have no breakage or shedding and I'm thankful. I will definitely follow this rule the next time :yep: and not take any unecessary risks.
HHG ladies

ETA: I also placed a precaution in the op.

Last edited:
My BT will be here today or tomorrow. I can't wait to get started. I have still been taking my MSM pills and will continue while using the BT.

Hey ladies!

Welcome back Aggie!! You were missed. :kiss:

I canerowed all my hair back barring a twisted fringe (bang) and will be wearing my hair like this for at least a week under hats and headwraps - point is, my hair will be undercover so I don't mind using the rest of my MSM scalp oil mix cause no one will be able to see the little grains (they look like dandruff...)

Still taking my MSM orally every day.

Checking in: applied my sulfur mixture, moisturized and sealed my hair last night before going to bed. I also did a 15 min. scalp massage and boy did that feel heavenly.

Ladies I have been meaning to share my experience with relaxing since using the sulfur on my scalp. I stopped using it a week before my relaxer and still had an adverse reaction. The problem was I cowashed it out instead of using shampoo.:wallbash: My relaxer burned much faster and I also had areas that were under processed. My relaxer never burns till it's almost time to rinse and sometimes not even then. I did my research, thought I took the necessary precautions, I even read where a member on BHM lost a patch of hair from not washing the sulfur out first.:nono: The others complained of burning and under processing. I knew all of this and still half stepped, trying to be lazy.:wallbash: I basically was underestimating how damaging the effects of sulfur and lye could be when mixed. Thank God I didn't have any breakage. Just burning and a little shedding that Motions CPR quickly got under control. I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't at least cowashed.

For all the newbies to sulfur on the scalp that relax, make sure you wash it COMPLETELY out of your hair at least week before your touch up. And wait at least a week after before you start back using it.

Hopefully this information will help someone from having a setback or scalp burns. My hair is doing fine and I still have no breakage or shedding and I'm thankful. I will definitely follow this rule the next time :yep: and not take any unecessary risks.
HHG ladies

ETA: I also placed a precaution in the op.

Just to be on the safe side.....I will stop 2 weeks before relaxing so that I can get two washes in.

Hi ladies, just kinda unofficially joining/following along. Already subscribed, just taking of note of advice and progress, etc.

I hesitated to join because I don't have a camera to take pictures and also because I'm concerned about the sulfur smell if I had mixed my own.

I was interested in the Claudie's Scalp Elixir (since I want to kind of unofficially participate) because her fotki says it has NO sulfur smell.

I'm hesitating ordering because there is no ingredient list. Is there anyone in this thread who could give me an ingredient list, I feel weird ordering something where I'm not completely sure of what's in it.

I hope that's okay too fast, and again, I'm following the thread and hope everybody reaches their goals.:yep:

Hi ladies, just kinda unofficially joining/following along. Already subscribed, just taking of note of advice and progress, etc.

I hesitated to join because I don't have a camera to take pictures and also because I'm concerned about the sulfur smell if I had mixed my own.

I was interested in the Claudie's Scalp Elixir (since I want to kind of unofficially participate) because her fotki says it has NO sulfur smell.

I'm hesitating ordering because there is no ingredient list. Is there anyone in this thread who could give me an ingredient list, I feel weird ordering something where I'm not completely sure of what's in it.

I hope that's okay too fast, and again, I'm following the thread and hope everybody reaches their goals.:yep:

My homemade mixture doesn't smell, it's the MTG that stinks. As far as the ingredients for the Claudie's, this is all I could find in her Fotki,

Scalp Elixir Includes but not limited to: Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sulphur, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary essential oils. Scalp Elixir is formulated to be used on the scalp only.

Checking in...made a new sulfur mix that I love! Smells much better. I applied it to my edges only. And I took my msm powder today!

Thx for the suggestion Flowinlocks

officially out of msm. gotta get more tomorrow. been taking 6-8g a day. Wow. I need a wholesaler.

officially out of msm. gotta get more tomorrow. been taking 6-8g a day. Wow. I need a wholesaler.
What does 6-8 grams equate to? Gimme that in teaspoons or tblspoons pls? Sorry! :lachen: Just curious if I am taking enough to see a change.
Do u add it to a full bottle of water or juice? I am so not good with measurements.
What brand do u use?

How has it worked for u? Growth?

TIA!

I canerowed all my hair back barring a twisted fringe (bang) and will be wearing my hair like this for at least a week under hats and headwraps - point is, my hair will be undercover so I don't mind using the rest of my MSM scalp oil mix cause no one will be able to see the little grains (they look like dandruff...)

For some reason I decided to add rosemary, thyme and lavendar essential oils (5 drops of each) to my scalp oil mixture. My scalp was not impressed :nono: - sore and irritated.

I'll be washing my hair tonight and diluting the mixture with alot more olive oil and then I'll try again later this week.

Applied my sulfur mix to my scalp a little after midnite so that kinda means today :-) I won't be applying any tonight. But I did take my msm powder today.

I did an all day cond. session with ORS. tonight I'll seal with LTR leave in, Hairveda Shikakai oil and my homemade sulfur mixture.

i'm still waiting for my bt which has sulfur in it, but may be waiting quite a while.....

i did order the sulfur Flowinglocks posted the link to at americarx, but that will take maybe 20 days to get here....

in the meantime, i just found out that john masters' organic deep scalp treatment has what they call "soluble sulfur" in it.

anybody ever heard of that? also, are there any mega tek users who are also using these sulfur products?

anyhoo, that's being shipped from london, so it should get here hopefully by next week then i will officially begin!

hhg!

Last edited:
For some reason I decided to add rosemary, thyme and lavendar essential oils (5 drops of each) to my scalp oil mixture. My scalp was not impressed :nono: - sore and irritated.

I'll be washing my hair tonight and diluting the mixture with alot more olive oil and then I'll try again later this week.

I think the measurement might have been too much. Thyme is strong. try
3 drops of rosemary oil, 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of thyme oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil, 4 teaspoons of grapeseed oil and half teaspoon of jojoba oil. This should last about 2 weeks. :yep:

i'm still waiting for my bt which has sulfur in it, but may be waiting quite a while.....

i did order the sulfur Flowinglocks posted the link to at americarx, but that will take maybe 20 days to get here....

in the meantime, i just found out that john masters' organic deep scalp treatment has what they call "soluble sulfur" in it.

anybody every heard of that? also, are there any mega tek users who are also using these sulfur products?

anyhoo, that's being shipped from london, so it should get here hopefully by next week then i will officially begin!

hhg!

I just went that site, wow they have some yummy looking products.

Back