2010 Sulfur Challenge

Im in a sew in but I have this pic...
mkdh6f.jpg
...This about the length my hair now...Maybe 2 inches from apl...

Not officially in this challenge but I just oiled my scalp with my homemade sulfur oil. The last time I used it I was using it once a day as a scalp massage oil for 10 minutes. Now I just plan to apply it twice a day as a scalp oil and see what happens.

I would like to join, but I'm nervous!!! :nervous2:

Lol, why are you nervous? I'm adding you to the list. Welcome!!!:grin:

Im in a sew in but I have this pic...
mkdh6f.jpg
...This about the length my hair now...Maybe 2 inches from apl...

That will work.:yep:

Not officially in this challenge but I just oiled my scalp with my homemade sulfur oil. The last time I used it I was using it once a day as a scalp massage oil for 10 minutes. Now I just plan to apply it twice a day as a scalp oil and see what happens.

Would you to like to join the challenge?

I think you can change it back yourself......

i should have known that if anyone knew how to change it back, YOU would know!

Flow, you continue to amaze me with your knowledge!

ok, what i did was go back to the username for the blog thingy and tried to request my old name back, but they said that violates some regulation with the board (?).:rolleyes:

i've asked Beverly to see if maybe she can do it manually, so i guess we'll have to wait and see. i don't think anyone else took that username in the hot minute i accidentally let go of it....

but thanks for the hope, Flow!

Oh yea I'd like to join, I thought it was too late. About to oil my scalp now and then lightly spray with my Profectiv oil sheen to cover up the smell lol

I GOT MY NAME BACK!!! (LOL!)

uh, ok, now that that's resolved (thanks Flow!), i'm on here to say:

ladies i am counting the days until i can get back to my smelly M-T-G!!!

i just permed nearly a week ago, so i still have a couple of days to go, but this week, i plan to get right back on track fast!

hhg ladies!

I GOT MY NAME BACK!!! (LOL!)

uh, ok, now that that's resolved (thanks Flow!), i'm on here to say:

ladies i am counting the days until i can get back to my smelly M-T-G!!!

i just permed nearly a week ago, so i still have a couple of days to go, but this week, i plan to get right back on track fast!

hhg ladies!

I know what you mean. I applied Bee Mine last night. I want to go back to the MTG or use both because I got good results. It's just the smell in this heat.:nono: I'm thinking of doing my old routine of applying it at night and cowashing it out in the morning..

What type of sulfur products is everyone using? I've read a lot are using their own home mixes. What are you guys mixing the powder with?

I have a question about the MTG. It's one of the few LHCF bandwagons that I haven't been on. Is it more economical than BT? Also, do you have to purchase it online or is it readily available in most BSSs? TIA...

What type of sulfur products is everyone using? I've read a lot are using their own home mixes. What are you guys mixing the powder with?

I'm using Bee Mine right now. I also have MTG, and my homemade mixes.
I use about a tablespoon of sublime sulfur/flowers of sulfur to 8oz. of oil.. I have one with Hairveda Shikakai oil and one with Afroveda Shikakai growth elixir. The next mixture I make will be with straight Castor oil. The thickness helps it to stay in place. However you can use any oil you choose. :yep: Also the powder does not dissolve so you will need to shake it each time you use it. And apply it to scalp only. Make sure you up your moisture because sulfur can be drying. and it will turn silver jewelry black, HTH.

I have a question about the MTG. It's one of the few LHCF bandwagons that I haven't been on. Is it more economical than BT? Also, do you have to purchase it online or is it readily available in most BSSs? TIA...

I have yet to see it in a BSS, it's a horse product that was originally made for humans. It can be purchased in an equine store or online. Yes It's def. more economical, BUUUUUT it's a trade off for the cheaper price. The smell will knock you flat.:nono: It's kinda like burnt rubber/bacon/booty...:lachen:It's much runnier so there is more chance of mess and dripping, some women including myself developed a small rash on the neck (that did go away)from using it. It makes your ng suuuuper dry and crunchy.

The pluses..... If you keep your moisture game on point by cowashing and using extra leave in moisture. you will be ok.

If you use a small amount on your fingers and massage it in , vs an applicator bottle you won't get the drip.

The best one of all is, it grew my hair really fast... :yep: Sooo it's just a matter of you wanting deal with the cons for the extra inches.

The BT and the BM cost more, however the trade off is better smell, premixed for the ladies who don't want to fuss with mixing powders, and the oils are much nicer than the MTG.

Cade oil is what gives MTG it's funky odor but it's suppose to assist in growth so I choose not to dilute mine with other oils. Some ladies like to use a few drop of eo to help mask the smell. While others preferred to pour off the cade and add their own. I use it straight up.:yep: The manufactures of MTG also have human version that's suppose to smell better:rolleyes: but cost more. From reading the responses on this board. It's not much better as far as scent so it wasn't worth the extra $$$. It's call Sulu max gro

ETA: Despite the cons and the extra dryness from the MTG, I didn't experience any shedding...

Last edited:
Did you see that BM has an herbal sulfur serum? It says its for those that don't want the strong scent of the mango and strawberry-kiwi. I wonder if it has some other sort of smell to it...

Did you see that BM has an herbal sulfur serum? It says its for those that don't want the strong scent of the mango and strawberry-kiwi. I wonder if it has some other sort of smell to it...

Don't know... You might want to try emailing her or asking your question in this thread.

I have yet to see it in a BSS, it's a horse product that was originally made for humans. It can be purchased in an equine store or online. Yes It's def. more economical, BUUUUUT it's a trade off for the cheaper price. The smell will knock you flat.:nono: It's kinda like burnt rubber/bacon/booty...:lachen:It's much runnier so there is more chance of mess and dripping, some women including myself developed a small rash on the neck (that did go away)from using it. It makes your ng suuuuper dry and crunchy.

The pluses..... If you keep your moisture game on point by cowashing and using extra leave in moisture. you will be ok.

If you use a small amount on your fingers and massage it in , vs an applicator bottle you won't get the drip.

The best one of all is, it grew my hair really fast... :yep: Sooo it's just a matter of you wanting deal with the cons for the extra inches.

The BT and the BM cost more, however the trade off is better smell, premixed for the ladies who don't want to fuss with mixing powders, and the oils are much nicer than the MTG.

Cade oil is what gives MTG it's funky odor but it's suppose to assist in growth so I choose not to dilute mine with other oils. Some ladies like to use a few drop of eo to help mask the smell. While others preferred to pour off the cade and add their own. I use it straight up.:yep: The manufactures of MTG also have human version that's suppose to smell better:rolleyes: but cost more. From reading the responses on this board. It's not much better as far as scent so it wasn't worth the extra $$$. It's call Sulu max gro

ETA: Despite the cons and the extra dryness from the MTG, I didn't experience any shedding...

I might try this next. The smell doesn't deter me. DH is used to me & my funny hair smells. And he is the only person that matters when it comes to me smelling funny. Everyone else can just keep their distance. LOL

I'll have to call some of the equine stores & see if they keep it in stock.

I mixed up my own little concoction LOL, ladies I'd like a little imput as this is my first BW for the Year! Last year I did MEgatek for about 2 months LOL :nono:

I mixed

1/2 teaspoon of sulphur
1/2 ounce of Emu Oil
1 ounce of Pure Jojoba Oil
2 ounces of Wonder six or HOt Six oil I forget the name
3 drops of Rosemary
3 drops of Lavendar
5 drops of Peppermint
Fill to four ounce line with NTM Leave IN Silk touch

Gave it a good shake will apply every other night!

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I applied Bee Mine last night. I want to go back to the MTG or use both because I got good results. It's just the smell in this heat.:nono: I'm thinking of doing my old routine of applying it at night and cowashing it out in the morning..

now you've got me thinking Flow.....because that's the ONLY way i ever used the stuff....how many "other ways" are folks using it?

i know alot of people use all sorts of nice smelling eo's to mix it, but whenever i've tried to do it like that, i only get the energy once at the beginning, then i end up just using it as is.

i've never tried Bee Mine, but heard great things about it! i bet you're gonna get a real powerful surge of growth using both of them! lucky girl!

Last edited:
here are my starting pics. sorry that they're kinda crappy :ohwell:

Attachments

• 10 weeks 003.jpg
    10 weeks 003.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 8 weeks 001.jpg
    8 weeks 001.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 28
Back