2010 Sulfur Challenge

Hi ladies, sorry to be updating so late.

My hair has gotten ten times thicker but doesn't seem to be growing longer. My layers are really taking off finally and I can see them catching up to the rest soon.

This first pic was taken when I hit the rock bottom moment of my setback and right before I started my sulfur around early Feb 2010. Eeew, it was a mess, it looked like a grandma hairstyle the way it was curled. Yuck!

These other pics were taken yesterday and today (July 1-2, 2010). You can see where my layers in the pic above have almost caught up in the pictures below :drunk:

I'm going to do a serious search and destroy to get my ends together so I
can try to hang onto them. I'm thankful that it's fuller but I just can't seem to get past SL :wallbash:

HHG!!

Attachments

• Feb 4, 2010B.jpg
    Feb 4, 2010B.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 26
  • July Update 1.jpg
    July Update 1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 28
  • July Update 2.jpg
    July Update 2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 26
  • July Update 3.jpg
    July Update 3.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 21
Will do! Your siggy pic is looking good, btw, Missy!

So, I dried and lightly flat ironed a section of my hair for my length check in. It looks a little oily because I used IC Heat Protectant. Um...yeah. Anywho, looks like we started this challenge in Feb so...

Hmm... my back looks hideous in this close up pic but, I'm trying to show that the unpulled hair is at the bottom of my bra. Decent growth compared to last month below. I used msm regularly but the homemade mix off and on last month. Otherwise, I used it regularly. So, that's my check in for now.

LOL!! Girl, you had me bug-eyed when I saw your hip length pic. I was about to say what the heck is she doing to get there that fast??? LOL:lachen:

Great progress!!

I'm back in ladies! Did my bc yesterday. I really need to get a ruler to measure bc the tape measure keeps bending and falling etc. I believe I am starting with 5 inches of hair. Here are my pics. I am only putting them up for a short time.

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICS. Thank you.

I will start back with Beemine today.

My hair has gotten ten times thicker but doesn't seem to be growing longer. My layers are really taking off finally and I can see them catching up to the rest soon.

This first pic was taken when I hit the rock bottom moment of my setback and right before I started my sulfur around early Feb 2010. Eeew, it was a mess, it looked like a grandma hairstyle the way it was curled. Yuck!

These other pics were taken yesterday and today (July 1-2, 2010). You can see where my layers in the pic above have almost caught up in the pictures below :drunk:

can try to hang onto them. I'm thankful that it's fuller but I just can't seem to get past SL :wallbash:

HHG!!

I can def. see progress!!! Congratulations! Don't worry the length will come.:yep: I'm gonna be jumpin for joy when I gain some more thickness!! KUTGW!

:clap: Shay you finally did the bc!! Congrats!! How does it feel? Did the sulfur help you to grow out the relaxer? You look great, can't wait to see your update in Sept.

:clap: Shay you finally did the bc!! Congrats!! How does it feel? Did the sulfur help you to grow out the relaxer? You look great, can't wait to see your update in Sept.

It feels fantastic :yep:! I'm walking around like I should been natural my whole life. I feel the sulfur did help. Especially with my edges.

I can def. see progress!!! Congratulations! Don't worry the length will come.:yep: I'm gonna be jumpin for joy when I gain some more thickness!! KUTGW!

Thanks! I see yours is catching up too. I know it was hard having to trim but it looks like you got it back now so it was all worth it. I can't wait to have the best of both worlds too :grin:

hi ladies! i know i havet been on alot lately but i have been working program nonetheless!

it's been nearly 6 months since i started on lhcf and my sulfur product most used so far has been M-T-G.

everthing under the line on the second picture i owe to all that i'm learning through this site and you lovey ladies helping me!

a big THANK YOU to you all!!!

@Hairsnob: Girl, watchutalkinbout?!! Your hair is growing! It may not be growing as quickly as you want it to, but according to your pics, it definitely is! I just started on the sulfur challenge, but seeing pics like yours and the other ladies helps me keep hope alive :)

ETA: I feel the quote in your siggie (I'm impatient too :) )

Last edited:
@Hairsnob: Girl, watchutalkinbout?!! Your hair is growing! It may not be growing as quickly as you want it to, but according to your pics, it definitely is! I just started on the sulfur challenge, but seeing pics like yours and the other ladies helps me keep hope alive :)

ETA: I feel the quote in your siggie (I'm impatient too :) )

Yeah, there's definitely hope since I never had hair this thick. I guess I'm just impatient like you said :-)

Plus, it's harder because it's like watching grass grow when you're constantly snapping pics after each wash LOL.

HHG to you!

hi ladies! i know i havet been on alot lately but i have been working program nonetheless!

it's been nearly 6 months since i started on lhcf and my sulfur product most used so far has been M-T-G.

everthing under the line on the second picture i owe to all that i'm learning through this site and you lovey ladies helping me!

:blush:Awesome progress!!!! Now you making me want to pull back out my MTG. But It just stinks so darn bad.:nono:

I'm back in town and have my daughter's slumber party behind me. Time to catch up! :lick:

Hello,

here are mine.

The first pic is from january,
View attachment 71606

and the second one is june.
View attachment 71608

That thickness if fabulous! And growth too. Good job!

HHG!!

I see growth and WOW! The health of your hair is amazing. Your hair does look thick and lush. And that's how it will grow down your back. Lush and thick. Sweeet!

I'm back in ladies! Did my bc yesterday. I really need to get a ruler to measure bc the tape measure keeps bending and falling etc. I believe I am starting with 5 inches of hair. Here are my pics. I am only putting them up for a short time.

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICS. Thank you.

I will start back with Beemine today.

Congrats on your BC. Looks good, mama. And you are definitely rockin it!

:lachen::lachen:Ok you clowin!!! I thought my eyes was playin tricks on me...

hehehe. I was so glad to get someone to make that for me. I'm keeping it and my starting pic in my siggy as motivation. And then I can just update the current length pic to track progress. :yep: I knew it would have some doing a double take. It sure stunned me. :lick:

Girl, I'm so proud to be going thru this with you. Your hair's looking amazing. You GROW, girl! :lick: Sneaking up on bsb/bsl. :yep:

Great progress Grow :)

:blush:Awesome progress!!!! Now you making me want to pull back out my MTG. But It just stinks so darn bad.:nono:

I'm back in town and have my daughter's slumber party behind me. Time to catch up! :lick:

Girl, I'm so proud to be going thru this with you. Your hair's looking amazing. You GROW, girl! :lick: Sneaking up on bsb/bsl. :yep:

THANK YOU LADIES!
Welcome back NJoy!

and yep, that M-T-G may not smell the best, but it sure does our hair alot of good!
i'm actually getting used to it now. (which is really strange!)

NJoy, you made an interesting observation....one of the ladies in my APL challenge got me getting the line on the BSB, BSL points and when she pointed out that my ends are almost there, i nearly fell over in shock!
can you believe it....i hadn't even noticed! i was so stuck on getting to APL i totally forgot that the more they grow the more i have to set new sights!

THANKS SO MUCH LADIES FOR BEING HERE WITH ME AND HELPING ME THROUGH THIS JOURNEY!:yep:

Oops I said I would start with Beemine yesterday. I don't have any Beemine :giggle:. I meant Claudie's. I forgot yesterday so I will start back up today.

Grow you changed your screen name..

No, that was a total mistake!
I was trying to finally start a blog imdicating the things i've tried and know work well, and when it asked for a username, i thought it was for the blog! I had no idea it would change myvwhole profile username,lol!

I sure hope the administrator (i already wrote) can change it back.

I'm rather attached to that name...it's part of me now, but Thanks NJoy!

No, that was a total mistake!
I was trying to finally start a blog imdicating the things i've tried and know work well, and when it asked for a username, i thought it was for the blog! I had no idea it would change myvwhole profile username,lol!

I sure hope the administrator (i already wrote) can change it back.

I'm rather attached to that name...it's part of me now, but Thanks

NJoy!

I think you can change it back yourself......

I just started back on my MSM after a 4 day break. Still oilin my scalp twice a week. I will post a starting pic since I cant do progress.

This pic was taken May 16th but it's the only one I have other than the one I took yesterday. Should I post that one as well? Or is this one fine?

Attachments

• May16.jpg
    May16.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I just started back on my MSM after a 4 day break. Still oilin my scalp twice a week. I will post a starting pic since I cant do progress.

This pic was taken May 16th but it's the only one I have other than the one I took yesterday. Should I post that one as well? Or is this one fine?

Huh? Oh yeah.. Lol I was drooling over the length you already have!! If you want you can post the other one as well. And we'll see you in Sept. for the update!!:yep:

Huh? Oh yeah.. Lol I was drooling over the length you already have!! If you want you can post the other one as well. And we'll see you in Sept. for the update!!:yep:

Haha you are so silly. Thank you!....It's with a diff bra and that bra is lower so I won't post it but when I do my update I will take 2 pics (one with that black bra and one with the blue bra) and then post my starting pic and then the one from yesterday...if that makes sense. I don't want folks to get confused lol

Haha you are so silly. Thank you!....It's with a diff bra and that bra is lower so I won't post it but when I do my update I will take 2 pics (one with that black bra and one with the blue bra) and then post my starting pic and then the one from yesterday...if that makes sense. I don't want folks to get confused lol

Gotcha!! That will work.:yep:

Back