2010 Sulfur Challenge

I think I'm going to order a sample of the sulfur serum from BM to give it a try. This thread has totally peaked my interest in it lol :grin:

Chickened out on the touch up. I read a thread about pH levels of relaxer that scared the crappenstein outta me. So, I started watching youtube vids for stretching (which I vowed I wouldn't do :nono:). And since I literally have done nothing to my hair for the past couple days, I went ahead and DC during the BET Awards and cowashed afterwards. Drying on cool setting now. May flat iron or just stretch a section of hair for my check in. I'm so confused about how to proceed with my hair.

It's crazy because I was so reckless with my hair prior to LHCF and it survived. Now every little thing spooks me. I don't want to lose my progress to crazy breakage.

In that thread, it said something about overlapping causes hair to "disintegrate". What the?! I should've been bald a long time ago. :rolleyes: Ah well, now to find the right relaxer with the right pH level and stretch to avoid overlapping. :wallbash: What the? Who's idea was it to start doing my own hair again? I'm a nervous wreck. Ah well, back to blowdrying on low setting.

Njoy - Do let me know when you find a relaxer with the perfect ph.

Will do! Your siggy pic is looking good, btw, Missy!

So, I dried and lightly flat ironed a section of my hair for my length check in. It looks a little oily because I used IC Heat Protectant. Um...yeah. Anywho, looks like we started this challenge in Feb so...

Hmm... my back looks hideous in this close up pic but, I'm trying to show that the unpulled hair is at the bottom of my bra. Decent growth compared to last month below. I used msm regularly but the homemade mix off and on last month. Otherwise, I used it regularly. So, that's my check in for now.

Happy Belated Birthday NJoy. Hope you enjoyed it to the max:grin:.

Hey Ltown. I didn't knoa it was your birthday honey. Well I had to come in here quick to wish A Massive Happy Birthday wish. I love you girl and wish you many many more:kiss:.

Happy Birthday, LTown!!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Aggie. I had a fantabulous day!!!

Thank you ladies, sorry for the late reply but I went to Hampton, VA for the Jazz festival. It was great I got to see Keith Sweat, Gladys Knight, Frankie Beverly and Maze, Kirk Whalum, Gerald Albright, Sheila E. I'm exhausted but well spend.

Thank you ladies, sorry for the late reply but I went to Hampton, VA for the Jazz festival. It was great I got to see Keith Sweat, Gladys Knight, Frankie Beverly and Maze, Kirk Whalum, Gerald Albright, Sheila E. I'm exhausted but well spend.

Okay...i understand i'm 23 and still considered one of those ppl you might say"that's before your time....you don't know bout that!"...:grin:

But i love me some Maze....Gladys Knight is one of my all time FAVORITE singers! I'm SO jealous you got to see her in concert!:love:

That HAD to be awesome!!

Will do! Your siggy pic is looking good, btw, Missy!

So, I dried and lightly flat ironed a section of my hair for my length check in. It looks a little oily because I used IC Heat Protectant. Um...yeah. Anywho, looks like we started this challenge in Feb so...

Hmm... my back looks hideous in this close up pic but, I'm trying to show that the unpulled hair is at the bottom of my bra. Decent growth compared to last month below. I used msm regularly but the homemade mix off and on last month. Otherwise, I used it regularly. So, that's my check in for now.

Njoy you have made amazing progress this year.:yep: You are well on your way to MBL. I started the challenge grazing apl and I feel like I'm still at apl. :lachen:

Sounds like you had a blast.

June update

Starting pic.

wbwh2d.jpg

After mini setback with ends and 2 trims, latest one in April.
npnxxy.jpg
zlw9b4.jpg
9jn0af.jpg

Today, well at least I gained back what I cut off so I can't complain.

2e64vbb.jpg

Okay I'm not officially a part of this challenge but b/c I just started using BT, I've been lurking on this thread. I have some questions for BT users. Did anyone experience that creepy crawly feeling in their scalp that's supposed to be a sign of growth? I swear every few days I feel like bugs are crawling on my scalp. I know it's not dirt b/c I wash/DC on the weekend & co-wash/DC mid week. Also, is it my imagination or does it seem like I'm seeing results in 2 weeks. I had some leftover thin edges from post-partum shedding & since applying the BT, I can barely tell that they even existed. Maybe it's my imagination but I just wanted to hear from other BT users. TIA...

June update

Starting pic.

wbwh2d.jpg

After mini setback with ends and 2 trims, latest one in April.
npnxxy.jpg
zlw9b4.jpg
9jn0af.jpg

Today, well at least I gained back what I cut off so I can't complain.

2e64vbb.jpg
Congrats on getting your length back. Now you can look forward to more progression. :yep:
I like your v-line look. :yep:

Okay I'm not officially a part of this challenge but b/c I just started using BT, I've been lurking on this thread. I have some questions for BT users. Did anyone experience that creepy crawly feeling in their scalp that's supposed to be a sign of growth? I swear every few days I feel like bugs are crawling on my scalp. I know it's not dirt b/c I wash/DC on the weekend & co-wash/DC mid week. Also, is it my imagination or does it seem like I'm seeing results in 2 weeks. I had some leftover thin edges from post-partum shedding & since applying the BT, I can barely tell that they even existed. Maybe it's my imagination but I just wanted to hear from other BT users. TIA...

By all means! :yep:There are even threads on the subject. The naysayers will say it's an allergic reaction or dry scalp, but I beg to differ. Every time I get a growth spurt I get the crawleys. More so while using growth aids.

The challenge is entering it's second phase if you would like to join.

By all means! :yep:There are even threads on the subject. The naysayers will say it's an allergic reaction or dry scalp, but I beg to differ. Every time I get a growth spurt I get the crawleys. More so while using growth aids.

The challenge is entering it's second phase if you would like to join.

I would love to join the challenge. I'm enjoying it thus far. The runoff onto my new growth is making it really soft combined with the S-Curl. Thanks for the invite.

Update:
I shampoo'd using a mixture of wheatgerm oil ( I call it skunk oil because of the smell) whew! Anyway,
It's been a week and now I'm back on my Sulfur mixtures as well. I'm hoping to regain my inches as I just received my progress t-shirt this weekend. :yep:

Here's my official update pics with all my hair out and not just a section. Hot diggity dang. It's so thick and healthy. (act like I didn't just say "hot diggity dang". It's late. :look:)

I have did growth check but I did cut off inch last month so I can say progress. I don't straighten my hair it's too much work and too hot so I'll show progress next round. Nice growth Njoy and Flowin!

Today it the day to post your update pics. ladies. Post your starting pic. and where you are now.

I'm am updating the op due to the fact I have added another check in date. Sept 30th is the next one. So we can see how our hair has gown over the summer.:grin:

Last edited:
Back