2010 Sulfur Challenge

So Kroger is ordering my sulfur and it should be in tomorrow. I'm not officially in the challenge since it's so late but I will post my updates here for people who are interested. What are the ratios that you ladies are using? I will search through the thread, but figured I would post as well for quicker answers lol I plan to mix my sulfur with coconut oil, peppermint oil and evoo but I don't know how much sulfur to put in. I think my bottle is 8 ounces.

So Kroger is ordering my sulfur and it should be in tomorrow. I'm not officially in the challenge since it's so late but I will post my updates here for people who are interested. What are the ratios that you ladies are using? I will search through the thread, but figured I would post as well for quicker answers lol I plan to mix my sulfur with coconut oil, peppermint oil and evoo but I don't know how much sulfur to put in. I think my bottle is 8 ounces.

Your sulfur shouldn't be more than 10% of your mix. I always mix the oils and everything first so I can eyeball the 10%. I'd say 10% of 8 ounces is roughly a little more than 3/4 of an ounce.

HTH

My check-in pic will be on July 2nd. I'll have time to get my hair under control then. Today's my birthday and this weekend is going to be hectic. Is that ok?

BTW, Priss Pot, I'm loving your hair in your siggy! :yep:

ETA: Since I'll likely do a touch up on the 2nd, I'm going to cease the sulfur again, while continuing msm. Dag. Seems like I just started back. Ah well...

Last edited:
My check-in pic will be on July 2nd. I'll have time to get my hair under control then. Today's my birthday and this weekend is going to be hectic. Is that ok?

ETA: Since I'll likely do a touch up on the 2nd, I'm going to cease the sulfur again, while continuing msm. Dag. Seems like I just started back. Ah well...

I just seen that on the list it's your birthday Happy Birthday :birthday2NJoy! Mine tomorrow!

Happy Birthday!!! I've been following this challenge in the shadows. I'm using Sulfa 8/MTG/MN mix for about a month now.

cake403.jpg

Happy Birthday!!! Sure you can take your pic. on the 2nd. You doing anything special?

Hmm....so my bottle says avoid contact with skin and if on skin, flush immediately with water....any reason for concern? Do all the bottles say that but it's ok since we mix it with oils?

I just seen that on the list it's your birthday Happy Birthday :birthday2NJoy! Mine tomorrow!

Happy Birthday!!! I've been following this challenge in the shadows. I'm using Sulfa 8/MTG/MN mix for about a month now.

cake403.jpg

Happy Birthday!!! Sure you can take your pic. on the 2nd. You doing anything special?

Hmm....so my bottle says avoid contact with skin and if on skin, flush immediately with water....any reason for concern? Do all the bottles say that but it's ok since we mix it with oils?

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ladies...And the beautiful cake, Flow!

And welcome to the newly-delurked Sweetnlow!

LaFemmeNaturelle, yeah. Dry, the powder is an irritant. I started off worried and used gloves, a mask and eye protection when I first started. But, it's not that serious. I use none of those things now. I just scoop and dump into the bottle. It's safe when mixed. Be careful, but don't sweat it. :look: I'm sure the precautions are required because it's an irritant.

Alright. I should've thought this through before I bought the sulfur lol but I think I will start my oil mix next month. I just started taking MSM Tuesday and I want to be able to determine where exactly I'm getting my growth from. I've only been taking 1000mg but I want to up to 2000 mg by next week. But I can still be apart of the challenge just by taking MSM n'est-ce pas?

Alright. I should've thought this through before I bought the sulfur lol but I think I will start my oil mix next month. I just started taking MSM Tuesday and I want to be able to determine where exactly I'm getting my growth from. I've only been taking 1000mg but I want to up to 2000 mg by next week. But I can still be apart of the challenge just by taking MSM n'est-ce pas?

Yep you sure can.:yep:

Happy Belated Birthday NJoy. Hope you enjoyed it to the max:grin:.

Hey Ltown. I didn't knoa it was your birthday honey. Well I had to come in here quick to wish A Massive Happy Birthday wish. I love you girl and wish you many many more:kiss:.

Just reporting that I'm now planning to do a touch up this weekend. Next weekend won't work and I'll have to have it done before that. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
:look: Hmm, its been a minute since I've posted here. I'm using my Emu/MSM/Vit C cream on my hairline to smooth my edges down. Its too hot and humid where I'm at to use my Claudie's.

Back