2010 Sulfur Challenge

So guess what? I'm pushing back relaxing....again! :rolleyes: lol. I think I'm going to relax on the 17th. That will be closer to the date of a big party weekend we're hosting and I'd like all NG to be freshly relaxed. So, touch up on the 17th and then to dominican salon for a rollerset and wrap on the 20th. No high heat, killer dominican blowout tho. :nono:

So, I've had a sporadic off and on schedule with my sulfur mix and I think I'll hop back on the bandwagon again. From what I can see, I'm getting great growth this month too so, on with the program. But I'm enjoying a non-greasy scalp, I've gotta tell ya so, I'll just do a few nights a week instead of every night.

Just applied MTG to my scalp and Wheat germ oil and Hemp oil to my ends. I'll cowash this out in the morning and apply my homemade sulfur mix.

Ladies, does your hair sprout in obvious sections? I mean it's crazy that I'll see a small section of hair hanging at least a whole inch lower than the rest. Then the next week I'll look and see another section hanging lower.

I wasn't impressed with my growth/retention last week when I relaxed early. I had a lot of new growth but when I did a length check it didn't look any longer even though my ends seem healthy and I wasn't seeing any breakage. I didn't even want to update with that pic because there was no difference. But then I looked in the mirror this morning and said WOW! Where'd all this hair come from? It feels heavier and everything.

Now I just started taking MSM about two weeks ago. Last week I did 1000mg and this week I upped it to 2000mg and suddenly I'm seeing it sprouting out almost overnight. Oh yeah, I also added my fish oil back but I'm not as consistent with it because talk about horse pills LOL. Oh yeah, this week I melted a little bit of Sulfur 8 grease into my regular sulfur/MN mix too.

I don't know if it's the combination of the MSM with the fish oil or me being more consistent with the mix, but I'm gonna continue to do them all. I don't care which one it is but I feel good about seeing some growth suddenly.

I'm leaning towards the MSM working wonders:look:

Ladies, does your hair sprout in obvious sections? I mean it's crazy that I'll see a small section of hair hanging at least a whole inch lower than the rest. Then the next week I'll look and see another section hanging lower.

I wasn't impressed with my growth/retention last week when I relaxed early. I had a lot of new growth but when I did a length check it didn't look any longer even though my ends seem healthy and I wasn't seeing any breakage. I didn't even want to update with that pic because there was no difference. But then I looked in the mirror this morning and said WOW! Where'd all this hair come from? It feels heavier and everything.

Now I just started taking MSM about two weeks ago. Last week I did 1000mg and this week I upped it to 2000mg and suddenly I'm seeing it sprouting out almost overnight. Oh yeah, I also added my fish oil back but I'm not as consistent with it because talk about horse pills LOL. Oh yeah, this week I melted a little bit of Sulfur 8 grease into my regular sulfur/MN mix too.

I don't know if it's the combination of the MSM with the fish oil or me being more consistent with the mix, but I'm gonna continue to do them all. I don't care which one it is but I feel good about seeing some growth suddenly.

I'm leaning towards the MSM working wonders:look:

That's awesome!!! Uh, you know it's never too late to post pics...:lick:

i'm strongly considering doing a Dudley's DCR 28 deep protein treatment because my month has passed and i need one every 4 weeks (my hair has been badly damaged from bad practices before i came to LHCF).

ladies, do you think it's ok, after i do my 24 hour deep moisturizing conditioner, where i plan to put it in a plastic cap with a bonnet over that, to apply M-T-G after i rinse the dc out?

is it true that the sulfur will help the deep protein to "bond" to my hair?

thanks alot, ladies, for all your help and support!

Can u add msm powder to ur mn mix? Im thinkin about it... I really cant swallow them so im gonna just break a couple capsules into my mix. Will it work topically? How long does it take to absorb before i can wash my hair?

i'm strongly considering doing a Dudley's DCR 28 deep protein treatment because my month has passed and i need one every 4 weeks (my hair has been badly damaged from bad practices before i came to LHCF).

ladies, do you think it's ok, after i do my 24 hour deep moisturizing conditioner, where i plan to put it in a plastic cap with a bonnet over that, to apply M-T-G after i rinse the dc out?

is it true that the sulfur will help the deep protein to "bond" to my hair?

thanks alot, ladies, for all your help and support!

:yep:

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">Sulfur is one of the main minerals existing in your body, representing 0.25 percent of your body weight. Sulfur increases your hair growth by stimulating your scalp and adds strength with the sulfur-sulfur bond in the keratin of your hair.
source

Sulfur has a vital relationship with protein, since sulfur is found in the amino acids methionine, cystine, and cysteine. Thus, these amino acids are known as the sulfur bearing amino acids which are considered the building blocks of protein.

MSM is known to relieve swelling, inflammation and pain sustaining cell flow, allowing harmful substances and excess fluids to flow out while allowing nutrients to flow in. MSM may supply the sulfur required by the body to help bind protein molecules together for essential process such as fat metabolism, immune function, energy production, development or the central nervous system, and health of the kidneys, brain, heart and retina of the eye. Sulfur also helps create the antioxidant amino acids that contribute to helping the liver excrete toxins. It also may help promote healthy ligament, tendons, heart valves, skin and all connective tissues.

source

Can u add msm powder to ur mn mix? Im thinkin about it... I really cant swallow them so im gonna just break a couple capsules into my mix. Will it work topically? How long does it take to absorb before i can wash my hair?

I didn't have good luck when I tried to mix the capsules in my oil recipe. It stayed gritty on the hair and scalp. Where as the Sublimed sulfur doesn't have this effect.
I think a few other ladies had the same problem.

Hey ladies, I'm thinking of ordering this to make a scalp spray. It's liquid Sulfur They also carry a super strength. Any thoughts? Has anyone tried this?

thanks for sharing that, Flowinlocks!

it seems like a really good thing to try and i'm already thinking about "spraying it" directly on the scalp, too! (i like the idea of a product that can be taken internally AND externally, so that's a great find!)

also, thanks for the info with the sulfur-protein relation!:yep:

so, i did the Dudley's DRC 28 treatment today and tomorrow once my hair is dry, i will apply my M-T-G (tonight is deep condition time with moisturizing dc!):lick:

it seems like a really good thing to try and i'm already thinking about "spraying it" directly on the scalp, too! (i like the idea of a product that can be taken internally AND externally, so that's a great find!)

so, i did the Dudley's DRC 28 treatment today and tomorrow once my hair is dry, i will apply my M-T-G (tonight is deep condition time with moisturizing dc!):lick:
Hi there,
Do you mind me asking where you purchase this from?
tia,
tishee
ETA: I found it on sleekhair.com

Last edited:

I like that idea also, Now I'm just hoping it's not stinky.:nono:

Hi there,

Do you mind me asking where you purchase this from?

tia,
tishee

i got it from bluebeez.com and can vouch for their fast, friendly, and efficient service.:yep:

i even got out my hooded dryer (finally, lol!) to sit under so that it can process correctly for penetration.:lick:

that, plus some M-T-G or other form of sulfur and your hair will love you!:yep:

good question, but if it were, wouldn't it be possible to dilute it some?

I guess it would, however you know I'm a research nut and I found this

TRI-00272-l.jpg
It's much cheaper. $13.74 on Iherb. Plus I think there is a coupon floating around somewhere for first time shoppers.

This would def. solve the problem of the grittiness on the scalp with the powdered MSM.:yep:

$5.00 off first order. Coupon code FAC252

Last edited:

TRI-00272-l.jpg
It's much cheaper. $13.74 on Iherb. Plus I think there is a coupon floating around somewhere for first time shoppers.

This would def. solve the problem of the grittiness on the scalp with the powdered MSM.:yep:

uh-oh, now i'm thinking about this one, too!
yeah, i take the MSM capsules, but IF i could spray that on, too?!:lachen:
now, you've got me thinking Flow!
let me go in here and get my M-T-G out (instead of my credit card, lol!)
i'm keeping them both on the list, though...thanks for sharing the find!

uh-oh, now i'm thinking about this one, too!
yeah, i take the MSM capsules, but IF i could spray that on, too?!:lachen:
now, you've got me thinking Flow!
let me go in here and get my M-T-G out (instead of my credit card, lol!)
i'm keeping them both on the list, though...thanks for sharing the find!

:lachen:I know right? I just applied my MTG. I vaguely remember someone on here mentioning this product, but I can't remember what they said the results were. If I recall they were taking internally only. I think I may order it.:look:

yea, i think it would be good, too!

and if it's been taken internally, that means it's got to be food grade and most food grade things are actually the best grade to put on our scalps, too!:grin:

Helena Rubenstein used to say "if it's not good enough to go in my mouth, it's not good enough to go on my skin".:yep:

girl, you've got me thinking about it...but you know i'm still getting over the BT mishap, so once i'm over that, the Claudie's has GOT to be on the list, too!:lachen: (that list just keeps growing and growing....lol! i LOVE trying new products!)

TRI-00272-l.jpg

$5.00 off first order. Coupon code FAC252

They sell this at Vitamin shoppe if you have one, I used this often too only for my scalp.

They sell this at Vitamin shoppe if you have one, I used this often too only for my scalp.

How has it been working? Does it loosen your texture when used this way like it does internally? Is it drying? Sorry for all the questions.

How has it been working? Does it loosen your texture when used this way like it does internally? Is it drying? Sorry for all the questions.
I have not used it in a while it was during my transition. My hair was not dry and I mix it with oils like the sulfur powder. I can't say if my growth was increased at that time either. I'm not getting any extra growth from the sulfur powder now, how about you?

Back