2010 Sulfur Challenge

I have not used it in a while it was during my transition. My hair was not dry and I mix it with oils like the sulfur powder. I can't say if my growth was increased at that time either. I'm not getting any extra growth from the sulfur powder now, how about you?

I feel like it's working. How much did you use in your mix?

That good it working for you, I use teaspoon of the powder is that not enough?

To how much oil? I use 1tablespoon to 8oz. of oil. I'm thinking of using the MSM straight on the scalp. I do have Vitamin Shop down the street from but I went ahead and ordered it from Iherb while I was getting the alkaline drops.

To how much oil? I use 1tablespoon to 8oz. of oil. I'm thinking of using the MSM straight on the scalp. I do have Vitamin Shop down the street from but I went ahead and ordered it from Iherb while I was getting the alkaline drops.

I'm sure you'll let us know how it work. I use probably 16 oz of oil so maybe I do need more. I'm thinking I'm just slow grower no matter what:nono: But I'll keep trying:grin: thanks

I must say that my MN/sulfur mix has been very instrumental in giving me some good length and I will continue to use it at intervals in my hair journey. I like to use it like this - 3 months on, 1 month off, then repeat this same cycle over again. It seem to work well for me this way:yep:.

Right now I'm on my 1 month off and have 2.5 more weeks to go.

What are alkaline drops FL and what is it used for?

What are alkaline drops FL and what is it used for?

I'm taking Zi Xiu Tang detox diet pills and the alkaline drops are suppose to be added to your drinking water to help accelerate weight loss by balancing your body's ph level.

I'm taking Zi Xiu Tang detox diet pills and the alkaline drops are suppose to be added to your drinking water to help accelerate weight loss by balancing your body's ph level.

Hey, I use alkalyzing drop too. But for generally keeping my body in optimal health. And, being alkaline helps the body to better absorb the supplements taken. :yep:

Here's a good article on ph balancing. Drops are a shortcut, IMO. But, there are foods that produce alkaline ash and acidic ash. This article has good lists, fyi.

http://www.blpublications.com/html/body_healthyph.html

Hey, I use alkalyzing drop too. But for generally keeping my body in optimal health. And, being alkaline helps the body to better absorb the supplements taken. :yep:

Here's a good article on ph balancing. Drops are a shortcut, IMO. But, there are foods that produce alkaline ash and acidic ash. This article has good lists, fyi.

http://www.blpublications.com/html/body_healthyph.html

Excellent article, thanks for sharing. You should post this in the health forum.

Last edited:
Checking in ladies....I applied my Claudie growth elixir(creme brulee) and mn mixture to my scalp yesterday afternoon and will continue to do so nightly and cw every other day.

I am less than 3 weeks post and I have enough new growth to require a relaxer. Mind you, that's not a lot relative to you stretchers. I don't stretch; my 4b is too unruly for all that. But its at the point where I cannot handle it anymore.

I doubled my MSM supplements, I started taking a vitamin with silica in it and I doubled my Omega 3-6-9 supplement. Along with Claudie's usage, that's the only thing I've done differently in that time period.

I started back with my Sulfur/MN mix as of last night. I had the weekend off after washing it and I enjoyed not worrying about touching my face or having the sulfur turn my silver jewelry. I noticed it doesn't turn my white gold so that's good. Oh yeah, this time I melted the whole jar of Sulfur 8 a little in the microwave and poured about half of it into my mix. I hope I didn't ruin it by heating it up. I did read where you shouldn't heat up the MN so I hope it's okay for the Sulfur.

Oh well, all this is worth it for faster growth!!

I started using sulfur again last week. I would love to get more length by next summer. My mix is dissolved MSM powder (dissolved in warm water) with MT and a little almond oil.

Checking in, today I prepooed with Ayurvedic oils and did a conditioner paste with the powders. I will air dry and apply G3 leave in HH LTR leave in and my sulfur mix to the scalp.

Checking in, just sprayed my scalp with the Liquid MSM. It was only a 16oz. bottle so most likely I'll only be doing this a few tmes per week.

I'm relaxed and I'm noticing some breakage. I see pieces that had to have broken at the point of demarc. I think massaging the ng while applying the sulfur might've been too much for so much ng. I'm cowashing daily and sealing in moisture but, maybe the manipulation has contributed to the breakage. It's not alot at this point. I really only noticed broken pieces today. But I'm not stretching anymore while applying the mix. And I've already stopped the mix in prep for my touch up. I'm relaxing as soon as I can next week. Just wanted to share that.

ETA: Hubby is lol @ me freaking out. It really wasn't much BUT, I just wanted to throw that out there as a consideration.

Last edited:
I'm relaxed and I'm noticing some breakage. I see pieces that had to have broken at the point of demarc. I think massaging the ng while applying the sulfur might've been too much for so much ng. I'm cowashing daily and sealing in moisture but, maybe the manipulation has contributed to the breakage. It's not alot at this point. I really only noticed broken pieces today. But I'm not stretching anymore while applying the mix. And I've already stopped the mix in prep for my touch up. I'm relaxing as soon as I can next week. Just wanted to share that.

ETA: Hubby is lol @ me freaking out. It really wasn't much BUT, I just wanted to throw that out there as a consideration.

i'm so sad to hear that girlfriend. i also understand how that is because i'm back to counting the days/hours until perming for the same reason.
but they tell me it's a learning experience and that the hair will grow back!:yep:
i'm just so thankful that i have this new forum of sisters!
before i used to go through the breakage problem all alone and try to figure out what to do just using what only i knew.
we're lucky, NJoy! now we've got people from all over the place to help us in our journey!!!:yep:

i plan to be back to using my M-T-G by the last week of this month as my perm will be done by then (hopefully!) and enough time will have passed for me to be able to begin again!!! YAH!!!:grin:

Sorry to hear about your breakage, cosigning with grow. You know know you have the resources and support here to get it under control.:yep:

I just had to pop in here to give Claudie's Hair Revitalizer two thumbs up. Don't know how well it will make my hair grow, but at least I can officially join this challenge. I don't smell one bit of sulfur! All I smell is creme brulee! It smells absolutely delish!

I am continuing to apply Claudie's about 3 times minimally up to about 5 times a week. It is just a matter of me remembering to do it.

Checking in. Applied sulfur mix all week but just did NOT feel like dealing with it last night so I skipped it. :nono:

It really does take a lot out of you parting your hair and applying it while trying to keep from touching your skin and all. But I'm hanging in there. I love that cool feeling you get the first time you apply it after your hair is washed.:lick: But I don't get that each time after so it's not much incentive sometimes.

Good luck and HHJ to everyone!!

I just had to pop in here to give Claudie's Hair Revitalizer two thumbs up. Don't know how well it will make my hair grow, but at least I can officially join this challenge. I don't smell one bit of sulfur! All I smell is creme brulee! It smells absolutely delish!

Welcome, adding you to the list.

Ok so i'm back on my sulfur grind. I had to take a break from the external application but now i'm back on so its MTG and overnight three times weekly. Co-wash in the am and sealing with evoo after sulfur treatment. Hopefully that will replace the moisture. Then it protien and deep condition once a week .

Last edited:
Back