2010 Sulfur Challenge

Still using MSM daily. I can't use yellow sulfur though. It just stinks too much to me. Makes me smell like spoiled boiled eggs lol. So I stay far away from it.

Still using MSM daily. I can't use yellow sulfur though. It just stinks too much to me. Makes me smell like spoiled boiled eggs lol. So I stay far away from it.

No no no! The yellow sulfur should not smell like eggs at all. It's probably not the right one. You have to use "Sublimed Sulfur" aka "flowers of sulfur".

No no no! The yellow sulfur should not smell like eggs at all. It's probably not the right one. You have to use "Sublimed Sulfur" aka "flowers of sulfur".

That's what I use and it has a very faint smell, the only time I smell it in my hair is when I use heat.

That's what I use and it has a very faint smell, the only time I smell it in my hair is when I use heat.

Yeah. Sublimed sulfur is odorles to very faint odor.

Typically, when someone smells that rotten egg smell associated with sulfur, it's hydrogen sulfide (but that's a gas). Sublimed sulfur doesn't smell the way people typically think sulfur smells ~rotten eggy. I'd say check to make sure it's sublimed. And if there's a faint smell, essential oils mask it well. I use peppermint and tangerine oils in my mix.

The whole point of me making my own sulfur mix is to control the smell. But, what's ok to one may be stinky to another so, just saying. That's exactly why I couldn't do MT. The sweet smell is too much for me. :look:

That said, I should mention that I'm still taking MSM so, I guess I still have something to report while prepping for my touch up. Oh, and my NG is trying to fall in line. Still looking crazy but I'm cowashing it into obedience. :grin:

I take MSM internally for growth, but not topically. I'm interested in seeing how your results turn out, ladies :grin:.

I've doubled up on my MSM capsules. I take 2 a day now. I need to jump start this summer growth spurt I usually get.

Checking in ladies....I applied my Claudie growth elixir(creme brulee) and mn mixture to my scalp yesterday afternoon and will continue to do so nightly and cw every other day.

Any dryness issues from using the combo of sulfur and MN?
Good morning to you sweetie,

So far, I have not had any dryness issues using the sulfur/mn. I moisturizer and seal my hair every other day and keep it pinned up(to keep my hands out of it). What I have noticed is that my hair seems to tangle a lot easier but I can not say for sure if it from using the sulfur/mn combo.

Good morning to you sweetie,

So far, I have not had any dryness issues using the sulfur/mn. I moisturizer and seal my hair every other day and keep it pinned up(to keep my hands out of it). What I have noticed is that my hair seems to tangle a lot easier but I can not say for sure if it from using the sulfur/mn combo.

Do you apply the MN and Claudie's on the same day? One on top of the other? I have both of these but I am scared to use them together.

I've doubled up on my MSM capsules. I take 2 a day now. I need to jump start this summer growth spurt I usually get.
How much is that total in mg/mcg?

For that matter, how much MSM is everyone taking? I've been taking 2000 mg twice a day (4 1000 mg capsule per day)

Maybe this is why. I got to the sauna after I work out, I feel like everyone can smell the eggs. The sulfur says sublimed its humco brand.

Oh I see. I wouldn't know anything about that. I NEED to get my butt in the gym. :lachen::lachen::lachen::blush: :look: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I recently started taking 10.4 g of MSM in my Pomegranate Juice every day. ( 1 teaspoon) It has been only a week and I swear my hair seems longer...my hair is natural so its hard to tell but I aint stopping.

Pre pooing now with Amla,Shikakai,and Bhrami oil.
later I'll do a double tea rinse , dc with Skala ceramide cond. mixed with Wheat germ and Hemp oil.
Airdry and apply MTG to scalp.
Finally seal ends with HE LTR leave in, Neutrogena splitender, and Hairveda Shikakai oil.

Pre pooing now with Amla,Shikakai,and Bhrami oil.
later I'll do a double tea rinse , dc with Skala ceramide cond. mixed with Wheat germ and Hemp oil.
Airdry and apply MTG to scalp.
Finally seal ends with HE LTR leave in, Neutrogena splitender, and Hairveda Shikakai oil.

Sounds good! Hey, how's that splitender? I saw that the last time I reupped on my NTM supplies. I thought I remember someone posted an inquiry about it but I've long forgot to followup. How are you liking it? Details, mama. Quit holding out. :lick: I have to get more NTM daily deep and silk touch leave in. Let a sista know if she needs a basket. :grin:

BTW, Grow talked me into stretching (well, more like :spank:) so, I'm going to try to hold off relaxing until mid May. I'm managing my NG with cowashing and extra steam conditioning. Gonna go back to my growth mix too because my NG could sure use the oils.

I'm definitely working from home and wrapping my whole head when I go out because, tho I'm thrilled with the amount of NG since last month, I don't feel good about how I'm looking these days. Hey. That's just me. :rolleyes:

Back in the saddle.

Sounds good! Hey, how's that splitender? I saw that the last time I reupped on my NTM supplies. I thought I remember someone posted an inquiry about it but I've long forgot to followup. How are you liking it? Details, mama. Quit holding out. :lick: I have to get more NTM daily deep and silk touch leave in. Let a sista know if she needs a basket. :grin:

BTW, Grow talked me into stretching (well, more like :spank:) so, I'm going to try to hold off relaxing until mid May. I'm managing my NG with cowashing and extra steam conditioning. Gonna go back to my growth mix too because my NG could sure use the oils.

I'm definitely working from home and wrapping my whole head when I go out because, tho I'm thrilled with the amount of NG since last month, I don't feel good about how I'm looking these days. Hey. That's just me. :rolleyes:

Back in the saddle.

I'm liking it so far, I was a bit discouragaed at how small the container was based on how much it costs. However I'm happy to report a little goes a loooong way.:yep:

I have used it about 4 times so far only on the very ends, it seals them nicely without weighing them down.

It def. helped smooth them out before I did my trim.

Plus it has some nice ingredients like sweet almond oil, olive oil and aloe.

So far it's a keeper.

I have also used it on flatironed hair and it wasn't too greasy or wet. I say give it try.

I've been referring ladies to the group left and right lately. I just noticed on the front page the caution about waiting a week before and after lye-based relaxers. What about no lye. Is the lye the only thing we're worried about in relation to the sulfur? :perplexed Or is it wise to stop with ALL relaxers?

This board is awesome, btw! You ladies are great! :grin:

I've been M.I.A. for about a month. I:heart2: BT but, I temporarily discontinued the use of it. I will resume using it in a week or two.

I've been referring ladies to the group left and right lately. I just noticed on the front page the caution about waiting a week before and after lye-based relaxers. What about no lye. Is the lye the only thing we're worried about in relation to the sulfur? :perplexed Or is it wise to stop with ALL relaxers?

This board is awesome, btw! You ladies are great! :grin:

I would suggest stopping before any relaxer considering no lye is still a form of lye.

It's Calcium Hydroxide instead of Sodium Hydroxide.

and you're the one who kept after me about the pics :buttkick: until i finally got 2 of them up!:lachen: (still gotta put them in my profile...they're just "in the threads" for now...)

have you tried thick headbands and decorative scarves worn like headbands? some "hair toys" might just be the answer. c'mon, you can do it!:yep:

now NJoy's on my case about stretching, too :whip:, so it looks like i'mm back to my M-T-G again! no stopping in sight and no perming yet either!:yep:

(i guess it just wouldn't be right to tell her all about the joys of stretching while i run off and get a perm!:lachen:)

have you tried thick headbands and decorative scarves worn like headbands? some "hair toys" might just be the answer. c'mon, you can do it!:yep:

now NJoy's on my case about stretching, too :whip:, so it looks like i'mm back to my M-T-G again! no stopping in sight and no perming yet either!:yep:

(i guess it just wouldn't be right to tell her all about the joys of stretching while i run off and get a perm!:lachen:)

:bat: :nono2:

Me again. I'm stopping the sulfur and moving forward with a touch up on next friday. Continuing with msm (gotta re-up today).

I hope everyone's having a fantabulous day!

Back