2010 Sulfur Challenge

^^ K, I'll stick with the internal though, I have come to find that I hate the look and feel of little grains of stuff in my hair, especially since I am not cowashing as much as I used to. Gonna give castor oil a try.

Taking my MSM is second nature now along with the other stuff currently in vit regime; WL shake, CHL and Biotin.

Glad to hear you're staying, I haven't any Issues with grainess while using the sublimed sulfur.

^^ K, I'll stick with the internal though, I have come to find that I hate the look and feel of little grains of stuff in my hair, especially since I am not cowashing as much as I used to. Gonna give castor oil a try.

Taking my MSM is second nature now along with the other stuff currently in vit regime; WL shake, CHL and Biotin.

Sublimed sulfur doesn't leave any grainyness. And it's very inexpensive. In any case, glad you're hanging around.

This will be my last week using sulfur on my scalp, I'm preparing for my tu at the end of the month. I'm pooing with my Shikakai bar this weekend, not taking any chances this time.:grin:

Happy spring ladies!:bouncy: I'm prepooing now with Amla oil, I'll wash with my shikakai bar and seal with Castor oil and HE LTR. I have so many oils to use up, I think I'll use my Afroveda Hibiscus infusion when I start using the sulfur again.

Yay! Spring has finally sprung! Now maybe we can get some REAL growth going with the warmer weather.

Flowinlocks, I know you said that you're stopping for your touchup. Will you restart in a few weeks or....?

I ordered and just received a Split Ender. I wanted to have it by yesterday to do my dusting. I dusted a bit yesterday but couldn't do the back so, I'll do the back tonight. Yesterday was the first time I've had my hair completely dry and naked this year. I put the pic in my siggy. Afterwards, I sprayed it with water/aloe to wet it down, remoisturize, resealed and back into a baggied bun. So, I'll have to rewash and redry (on cool setting) again to use this thingy. Still, looking forward to seeing how well it works.

Yay! Spring has finally sprung! Now maybe we can get some REAL growth going with the warmer weather.

Flowinlocks, I know you said that you're stopping for your touchup. Will you restart in a few weeks or....?

I ordered and just received a Split Ender. I wanted to have it by yesterday to do my dusting. I dusted a bit yesterday but couldn't do the back so, I'll do the back tonight. Yesterday was the first time I've had my hair completely dry and naked this year. I put the pic in my siggy. Afterwards, I sprayed it with water/aloe to wet it down, remoisturize, resealed and back into a baggied bun. So, I'll have to rewash and redry (on cool setting) again to use this thingy. Still, looking forward to seeing how well it works.

Yeah, I'll start back a week after my tu.

You are making awesome progress! You'll def. make MBL this year.:yep:

I just added my MN and sulfur mix tomy scalp a few minutes ago and it is tingling I guess from the essential oils.

I went to the salon to get my hair washed. As I walked by this lady said, "I smell maple syrup". It took me a minute before I realized she was referring to my hair. I forgot what Claudie's Growth Elixir scent I ordered, creme brulee maybe? Then when the stylist was washing my hair he kept saying how my hair smelled so good and it was making him hungry.
Finally--Sulfur without the bad smell!! Yay!!!!

Last edited:
I went to the salon to get my hair washed. As I walked by this lady said, "I smell maple syrup". It took me a minute before I realized she was referring to my hair. I forgot what Claudie's Growth Elixir scent I ordered, creme brulee maybe? Then when the stylist was washing my hair he kept saying how my hair smelled so good and it was making him hungry.
Finally--Sulfur without the bad smell!! Yay!!!!
wow, this does sound good! It's making me hungry:yep:! Do you mind me asking how you place an order with Claudie for the growth elixir?
tia,
tishee

ETA: I found her website and am sending her an email now.

Last edited:
Hi ladies! I'm not in this challenge (but I'd like to join if not too late) but I have a sulfur question. I made a mix with the sublimed sulfur with a little less than 1/2 sulfur powder and the other half I used mainly castor oil, a little Argan oil, and a drop or two of peppermint oil to mask the smell.

It mixed perfectly to a pale yellow creamy/watery consistency and I applied it to my scalp and I thought all was well and pinned my hair up for the night. The next day I went out to run my errands and looked in the rear-view mirror and saw that the mix left yellow stains in my hair/scalp and I had no clue.:blush: It was fine after I rubbed it in though.

Did I use too much sulfur powder??? :look:
Do you ladies who mix your own have this problem?

Also, I didn't know it would turn my jewelry. But luckily for Tarn-x my jewelry returned to normal. :yep:

Thanks in advance!!

Last night is the first time since starting MSM that I missed takin it :(

Rather than waste it, I'm gonna use my oil mix on my hair as a prepoo.

Hi ladies! I'm not in this challenge (but I'd like to join if not too late) but I have a sulfur question. I made a mix with the sublimed sulfur with a little less than 1/2 sulfur powder and the other half I used mainly castor oil, a little Argan oil, and a drop or two of peppermint oil to mask the smell.

It mixed perfectly to a pale yellow creamy/watery consistency and I applied it to my scalp and I thought all was well and pinned my hair up for the night. The next day I went out to run my errands and looked in the rear-view mirror and saw that the mix left yellow stains in my hair/scalp and I had no clue.:blush: It was fine after I rubbed it in though.

Also, I didn't know it would turn my jewelry. But luckily for Tarn-x my jewelry returned to normal. :yep:

Thanks in advance!!

Wow! So you're saying you used, like, 40-45% sulfur (little less than half the amount of oil)?! Tooooo much! I repeat. Toooo much! You shouldn't use more than 10% sulfur in your solution. That means 90% of your solution should be oil. MTG uses a 5% sulfur mix. 8% is fair. There's a caution that says anything over 10% could cause a reaction.

HTH and welcome to the thread. We gotcha, mama.

Wow! So you're saying you used, like, 40-45% sulfur (little less than half the amount of oil)?! Tooooo much! I repeat. Toooo much! You shouldn't use more than 10% sulfur in your solution. That means 90% of your solution should be oil. MTG uses a 5% sulfur mix. 8% is fair. There's a caution that says anything over 10% could cause a reaction.

Are you guys talking about the white powder (sulfur)??

:user: Claudie's Growth Elixir with a Tropical scent......

What's one more product in my stash? :lachen:

If it doesn't work for me, I'll give it away. I just wanna give it a go because it could just be that my mix with MSM (rather than sulphur, before I understood the difference) and EOs was a bad combo.

EEK!! :blush: How could I be so silly to not even think about the percentages in Sulfur 8 and all. Thank God I still have a scalp!! LOL I'm gonna dillute it with more oils tonight then.

Thanks so much!! I'm so glad I checked in. Walking around with yellow stuff all in my scalp :drunk: 45%....I feel so silly.

:user: Claudie's Growth Elixir with a Tropical scent......

What's one more product in my stash? :lachen:

If it doesn't work for me, I'll give it away. I just wanna give it a go because it could just be that my mix with MSM (rather than sulphur, before I understood the difference) and EOs was a bad combo.

It's a bad combo? Enlighten me please.

Hi Sade'

To clarify, this was a bad combo for me. My scalp didn't like the mixture I made, I thought I had put too much of the EOs in it, but even after diluting it waaaay down my scalp still wasn't happy. YMMV.

Thanks in advance!!

Waaaaaay too much. Njoy is correct, your mix should only contain 10% sulfur to oil ratio. Too much could cause the scalp to burn and become tender. Also the mixture should applied primarily to the scalp only.

Welcome to the challenge, feel free to chime in with anymore questions.
Please post starting pic. and reggie. First update is June 1st.

EEK!! :blush: How could I be so silly to not even think about the percentages in Sulfur 8 and all. Thank God I still have a scalp!! LOL I'm gonna dillute it with more oils tonight then.

Thanks so much!! I'm so glad I checked in. Walking around with yellow stuff all in my scalp :drunk: 45%....I feel so silly.

No prob. And, don't feel silly. We're all learning. Good thing you came by and dropped that info. HHG!

Waaaaaay too much. Njoy is correct, your mix should only contain 10% sulfur to oil ratio. Too much could cause the scalp to burn and become tender. Also the mixture should applied primarily to the scalp only.

Welcome to the challenge, feel free to chime in with anymore questions.
Please post starting pic. and reggie. First update is June 1st.

Thanks for the welcome! It's good to know you're all here to answer my questions. I must have a really tough scalp because I'm surprised that with using that much it didn't bother me........yet at least.:perplexed And I have to get another applicator bottle with a tip so that I can get it on my scalp better. I've been using my fingers from a regular flip top squirt bottle. I'll get my starting pic posted.

Thanks again!!

Thanks for the welcome! It's good to know you're all here to answer my questions. I must have a really tough scalp because I'm surprised that with using that much it didn't bother me........yet at least.:perplexed And I have to get another applicator bottle with a tip so that I can get it on my scalp better. I've been using my fingers from a regular flip top squirt bottle. I'll get my starting pic posted.

Thanks again!!

I was gonna say you would have believe me. I even noticed as I use my mixture down and it has less oil I don't even have to shake it because it becomes too strong. Btw I don't know if you are relaxed, but be sure to take a break from the sulfur the week before and after your touch up.

Last edited:

Hmm, never occurred to me that there was a difference. What is the difference?

I'll be applying some more Claudie's tonight.

Last edited:
I was gonna say I would have believe me. I even noticed as I use my mixture down and it has less oil I don't even have to shake it because it becomes too strong. Btw I don't know if you are relaxed, but be sure to take a break from the sulfur the week before and after your touch up.

Yes, I'm relaxed and I actually just relaxed last week after you lovely LHCF ladies advised me to wait at least a week and clarify first before relaxing. Unfortunately though, after relaxing I didn't wait a whole week to start up again, maybe 3 days. I'm just asking for trouble :wallbash:

But thanks so much for the heads-up!!

Back