2010 Sulfur Challenge

:eek: I hope not! I have the miniature jar and I can't seem to find the ingredients. It's marketed as an acne treatment though. Would there be acetone in a product designed to be used on the face multiple times per day? :eek2:

:eek: I hope not! I have the miniature jar and I can't seem to find the ingredients. It's marketed as an acne treatment though. Would there be acetone in a product designed to be used on the face multiple times per day? :eek2:

I would hope not but you would be surpised at what's in the products we use on our bodies.

I did a google search but the only thing that came up was that it's oil and sulfur. It didn't even say what kind of oil lol. I doubt it's acetone though. I think the sulfur is just strong.

i would love to join this challenge since my stylist just cut my hair from past apl to now sl without my permission, im anxious to grow it back. my hair responds well to sulfer, the best product for me was mtg. I went from nl to apl in a few months.
im out of mtg havent used it in a long time, but i do have bee mine. so ill try that out 2x a week. ill post my only pic, i just relaxed soo my wash day wont be until next week.
has anyone used their mix in one of those for roots only applicator that everyone is talking about?

i would love to join this challenge since my stylist just cut my hair from past apl to now sl without my permission, im anxious to grow it back. my hair responds well to sulfer, the best product for me was mtg. I went from nl to apl in a few months.
im out of mtg havent used it in a long time, but i do have bee mine. so ill try that out 2x a week. ill post my only pic, i just relaxed soo my wash day wont be until next week.
has anyone used their mix in one of those for roots only applicator that everyone is talking about?

I'm sorry to hear about your mishap with your stylist. By all means you can join the challenge. I'm adding you to the list. Please post starting pic. and. reggie. We will have our first update in June. Welcome!

This happened to me when my mixture started getting too strong. How much do you have left? And yes I agree with taking a break for a few days.

I have a lot of oil mix left, I'll use it just every now and then when I can be bothered til it's finished. Sore scalp is no fun :nono: no need to over do it, I'm still getting it internally anyways.

Good morning to all!

I did a google search but the only thing that came up was that it's oil and sulfur. It didn't even say what kind of oil lol. I doubt it's acetone though. I think the sulfur is just strong.

The ingredients are sulfur (10% and polyethylene glycol). I didn't look up specific on that but, I doubt if it's like acetone. I think it's just a oil-type base. Maybe the 10% sulfur is just strong. I think I read mtg uses 5%.

Sorry about that stylist incident. That happened to me often. Go for a trim and end up with a cut. And when I asked for layers, they cut me short too. Ah well. Thank God hair grows back.

The roots applicator, is that the nozzled bottle? If so, yeah, that's what I use to apply my mixtures directly to the scalp. I even use the nozzle to part the hair to apply. Maybe that's lazy. I call it convenient. :grin: Welcome!

My scalp is a bit tender of late so I probably will not use my oil mix on my scalp for a while. Still taking my MSM internally every day though.

I hesitated to say this because I had to really think back. But, I remember my scalp getting tender and wondering if I should stop. (I think I was just starting to use mtg.) But, I think that was right before a big growth spurt. I didn't stop applying, btw. Even if you do take a break, which sounds reasonable, notice if whether there's a growth spurt following that feeling. That way you won't panic the next time you feel that, IF you do. Another feeling that I get is my scalp feels tight. I just massage in some jojoba oil or jbco when that happens.

Anyway, and as always, I hope everyone's having a fantabulous day and HHG!

Thanks for that NJoy, hopefully I have a similar experience. I have been using jojoba/emu in between the sulfur oil mix since I felt the tenderness. Good to know though, cheers! :)

My claudie's elixir doesn't dry me out....at least i don't think.
I may end up alternating days with jbco just to be safe.

Cowashing at least one day a week helps me.:yep: HH LTR leave in and Castor oil are my friends also.

I should have washed before my first use of the Elixir. This time I washed at night, applied moisturizer then slept on it (to let it melt in and coat my hair). The next morning I applied the Elixir and Temple Balm. No dryness yet so I think that's what I'll have to do from now on.

I should have washed before my first use of the Elixir. This time I washed at night, applied moisturizer then slept on it (to let it melt in and coat my hair). The next morning I applied the Elixir and Temple Balm. No dryness yet so I think that's what I'll have to do from now on.

Yeah you def. have to keep playing till you find out what works for you.

Applied Beemine about an hour ago. Tomorrow will be the last day for Beemine then I will switch to Claudie's. As time goes on I will up my application times but for now I will use Claudie's the same way I used Beemine. 3,3,5, and 7 for 4 weeks.

Anyone else? :look:
Hi all!
Checking in a week after removing my cornrows which were under my wig. I took a picture of them before I took them out. I see growth, but most seems to be in the crown area. I wanted to keep them in for a full two months but they were literally locking together at the roots. When I finally unlocked them my new growth felt so thick and strong you could not even see my scalp when the hair was loose. My scalp was also VERY SORE, It hurt. I decided to look up some past threads re: sore scalp and realized it may have been a combination of the growth spurt and detangling especially since I had not detangled in nearly two months. It feels fine now (a week later).
Anyways I finger combed tangles, then used a wide comb to detangle again and oiled hair with palma cristi oil and did a brahmi and alma paste treatment concentrating on the new growth. Left it on for 30 minutes then CO wash with suave coconut. and DC with IC deep treatment with Aloe for xtra dry hair for 30min w/heat cap. Then rinsed added leave-in cond. sealed w/ coconut oil and massaged my sulfur mix(oilive oil, msm, ylang ylang, and rosemary EO) into scalp and re-cornrowed for my next install. I will be concentrating sulfur application to the outer circumfrence of my head since these areas seem to grow much slower. I probably will not do a length check in April cause I want to keep my hair under wrap for at least 2 months. So I'm posting my pic's of growth now.

Attachments

• growth from 7 weeks of cornrows and msm 3.6.2010.jpg
    growth from 7 weeks of cornrows and msm 3.6.2010.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 39
  • after 7 weeks.jpg
    after 7 weeks.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Length check II 3.6.2010.jpg
    Length check II 3.6.2010.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 32
  • MSM hair oils for 2010.jpg
    MSM hair oils for 2010.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 28
Hi all!
Checking in a week after removing my cornrows which were under my wig. I took a picture of them before I took them out. I see growth, but most seems to be in the crown area. I wanted to keep them in for a full two months but they were literally locking together at the roots. When I finally unlocked them my new growth felt so thick and strong you could not even see my scalp when the hair was loose. My scalp was also VERY SORE, It hurt. I decided to look up some past threads re: sore scalp and realized it may have been a combination of the growth spurt and detangling especially since I had not detangled in nearly two months. It feels fine now (a week later).
Anyways I finger combed tangles, then used a wide comb to detangle again and oiled hair with palma cristi oil and did a brahmi and alma paste treatment concentrating on the new growth. Left it on for 30 minutes then CO wash with suave coconut. and DC with IC deep treatment with Aloe for xtra dry hair for 30min w/heat cap. Then rinsed added leave-in cond. sealed w/ coconut oil and massaged my sulfur mix(oilive oil, msm, ylang ylang, and rosemary EO) into scalp and re-cornrowed for my next install. I will be concentrating sulfur application to the outer circumfrence of my head since these areas seem to grow much slower. I probably will not do a length check in April cause I want to keep my hair under wrap for at least 2 months. So I'm posting my pic's of growth now.

Thanks for the update!
It looks like you def. have a nice amount of ng around that braid. I have found that moisture helps with the sorneness from my ng.:yep:
Our offical length check is June 1st. so that works out perfectly.

Yay! I hope we get lots of growth by our June length check. My birthday is in June and will be the fist time I allow myself to wear my hair out all year. If I can get BSL by June, I will be :dance7:!!! Where's everyone hoping to be by June?

Yay! I hope we get lots of growth by our June length check. My birthday is in June and will be the fist time I allow myself to wear my hair out all year. If I can get BSL by June, I will be :dance7:!!! Where's everyone hoping to be by June?

I'm still trying to creep my way to full APL. I'm actually shooting for August, but June would be nice.:grin:

Back