2010 Sulfur Challenge

Thanks flowinlocks on the tip re:moisture. Cream type moisturizers work best for my hair. I'm still trying to find something over the counter that has ingredients that I approve. I think I may have to search some threads for some M.I.Y recipes. I've tried to make some in the past but it did not turn out smooth and creamy.
I'm hoping to be grazing BSL by June. Even if only five strands of hair are touching my bra strap I'm claiming it!:grin: LOL:lachen:I've been waiting quite a few years to get there...
Keep working the sulfur Guys!

I will be applying the Beemine in the next hour or so. I hope that my new growth will reach all the way to my ponytail holder by June.

Thanks flowinlocks on the tip re:moisture. Cream type moisturizers work best for my hair. I'm still trying to find something over the counter that has ingredients that I approve. I think I may have to search some threads for some M.I.Y recipes. I've tried to make some in the past but it did not turn out smooth and creamy.
I'm hoping to be grazing BSL by June. Even if only five strands of hair are touching my bra strap I'm claiming it!:grin: LOL:lachen:I've been waiting quite a few years to get there...
Keep working the sulfur Guys!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: You grow, girl!

I'll be using my MN and sulfur 8 mix tonight. I only apply it maybe 3 times a week and moisturize my whole head completely on those same nights. I am really getting laxed where my hair is concerned. All I find myself wanting to do lately is just leave it alone:nono:. I hope I get my groove back with my hair regimen real soon.

I did a fresh wash, pc, dc and use BT today. I don't know what length I'll be Jun, my birthday is in June too but I'm hoping APL.

I'll be using my MN and sulfur 8 mix tonight. I only apply it maybe 3 times a week and moisturize my whole head completely on those same nights. I am really getting laxed where my hair is concerned. All I find myself wanting to do lately is just leave it alone:nono:. I hope I get my groove back with my hair regimen real soon.

It's get like that sometime Aggie. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who didn't have to do anything reggie wise.

I don't mind doing it, but I'm more prone to a setback from laziness.

My dd barely combs her hair, uses any kind of poo on hand, rarely dc and she is still MBL.:perplexed

Last edited:
I wash my hair and coditioner , then put my MN,, MT , MTG and hair oils mixed only on scalp , sat for an hour then put castro oil on my scalp . i see my bald spot filling in and I'm not giving up , I praying for a head full of hair for our family reuion in July of this year. Also I started my Hair and skin, MSM. Cayenne vitamins for the last three weeks. i schedule an appoinment for April 1, 2010 to see a dermatologist , my primary doctor did blood work , she did not see any medical concerns . Also I going to start exercise so I hope this help as well. Good luck with your hair journey

All is well! I've minimized the usage of sulfur until I'm able to wash more frequently. When the weather breaks I'll start using it four times per week.

This is my first time posting! I recently joined LHCF and would like to do the sulfur challenge. I combine original sulfur8 and glover's medicated ointment and apply to my scalp every other day. I am also using Doo Gro's stimulating growth oil at random to minimize the stink and protect my ends. I will post a pic after I take one:) I gave myself the hot mess shaved back and sides haircut November '09 and am trying to put the scissors away and grow my hair to waist length. I am hoping that posting my "progress" will tame the scissor monster that lurks inside :)

This is my first time posting! I recently joined LHCF and would like to do the sulfur challenge. I combine original sulfur8 and glover's medicated ointment and apply to my scalp every other day. I am also using Doo Gro's stimulating growth oil at random to minimize the stink and protect my ends. I will post a pic after I take one:) I gave myself the hot mess shaved back and sides haircut November '09 and am trying to put the scissors away and grow my hair to waist length. I am hoping that posting my "progress" will tame the scissor monster that lurks inside :)

Welcome to the challenge!

ETA: Welcome to the forum also!!

Girl, you are too funny. :lachen: Welcome to the challenge and back aWAY from teh scissors. I repeat. Back a-WAY from the scissors! We got thangs to do, mama. Looking forward to your pics so that we can keep you motivated to move forward.

Are u ladies using your mixtures AND wearing your hair down? Or strictly rocking a ponytail/bun daily?
I'd like to wear my hair down more BUT I want to be able to keep my ends moisturized and my scalp healthy. BUT applying oils & moisturizers mess up my wrap! How can I do this?

Are u ladies using your mixtures AND wearing your hair down? Or strictly rocking a ponytail/bun daily?
I'd like to wear my hair down more BUT I want to be able to keep my ends moisturized and my scalp healthy. BUT applying oils & moisturizers mess up my wrap! How can I do this?

I wear my hair up daily, I won't be using the treatments when I when it down.

I'm wearing my hair up and in a baggied bun. That keeps my ends moisturized and keeps the sulfur mix off of the ends (in case it's too drying). I cover that either with a phonytail or a decorative wrap. Hey. I'm on a mission. I can wear my hair down when I'm mbl or longer.

I wear my hair up in a bun everyday and that's the only reason I am doing it.
If I were to wear my hair in a wrap, it would look all greasy and stringy in a day or two.
No pain no gain!
I'm gonna hit em hard come June/July (me and Njoy)

I put half claudies elixir and half jbco in an applicator bottle so that I can have the best of both worlds. I couldn't see myself trying to rotate. I was gonna stop using my claudie's scalp elixir and try jbco for a month but then I would be out of the challenge so mixed it up.
My scalp elixir is much thicker now but not how it would be if i was using jbco alone.
I will still spray surge on my scalp when i wash and air dry.
I am hoping the weather will get warmer so that I can start cowashing on the days that I work out.

I wear my hair up in a bun everyday and that's the only reason I am doing it.
If I were to wear my hair in a wrap, it would look all greasy and stringy in a day or two.
No pain no gain!
I'm gonna hit em hard come June/July (me and Njoy)

:yep: NJoy high-fives Mzz Mac! :cool2:

Dropping out of this challenge (remove me pls flowinlocks, thanks).

My scalp reallly doesn't like the oil mix I made and I find the little MSM crystals in my hair very irritating. I will continue taking internally and wish you guys all the best with it.

Just checking in. I had to cut back on my application days (2 times a week) because the sulfur really isn't agreeing with me if I use it on a daily basis. I'm still taking my MSM daily.

Dropping out of this challenge (remove me pls flowinlocks, thanks).

My scalp really doesn't like the oil mix I made and I find the little MSM crystals in my hair very irritating. I will continue taking internally and wish you guys all the best with it.

Maybe you should try the Sublimed sulfur. Don't feel like you have to drop out. The challenge is for anyone who uses sulfur topically or internally.:yep:

^^ K, I'll stick with the internal though, I have come to find that I hate the look and feel of little grains of stuff in my hair, especially since I am not cowashing as much as I used to. Gonna give castor oil a try.

Taking my MSM is second nature now along with the other stuff currently in vit regime; WL shake, CHL and Biotin.

Back