2010 Sulfur Challenge

Lol, I can relate. I was this close to buying some BT today because of the discount, but I have too many oils that I need to use up that I can add my own sulfur to.
Same here, beside the shipping is to high so the discount does not help at $7.75

Did my routine. My sulu is almost finished. I dont think that i'm going to get another bottle. I want to take a break and just do my hair vitamins and my msm in my tea and i purchased more msm cream for my scalp.

Update: I have been applying my own MTG mix and S8 to my scalp every 3-4 days or as needed (when it seems dry or fully absorbed). Growth seems to be speeding up! Have also been using S8 on daughter's edges and scalp. I am seeing results with both our heads! lol. Taking (1) 1,000 mg MSM capsule per day.

Hasn't quite been a month since I started that, so the NG being more manageable/growing in softer due to that hasn't happened yet (though I have taken MSM off and on over the years, and have noticed it produces those results--in the past). I did notice a whole lot LESS SHEDDING within the first week or 2. Keeping this regi for the forseeable future! :)

Update: I have been applying my own MTG mix and S8 to my scalp every 3-4 days or as needed (when it seems dry or fully absorbed). Growth seems to be speeding up! Have also been using S8 on daughter's edges and scalp. I am seeing results with both our heads! lol. Taking (1) 1,000 mg MSM capsule per day.

Hasn't quite been a month since I started that, so the NG being more manageable/growing in softer due to that hasn't happened yet (though I have taken MSM off and on over the years, and have noticed it produces those results--in the past). I did notice a whole lot LESS SHEDDING within the first week or 2. Keeping this regi for the forseeable future! :)

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you and your dd are seeing results.

I've been applying BT to my scalp everyday and I'm almost finished with my first bottle. I'll be re-ordering this week. :grin:

15% OFF on BOUNDLESS TRESSES (BT)

@ growthspecifics.com

COUPON code is LHCF10

SALE ends on 2/28/10

Checking in. Still doing 1000mg of MSM per day.
Still loving my Surge and waiting for my Claudie's to arrive.

Checking in, last night I massaged in MTG, I must say I will not be using this stuff during the summer.:nono: I could smell it all night while I slept.:barf: The good news is I think it's working. Today I used my homemade mixture. One thing I'm learning is that it's gotten stronger since I first made it. Even though the sulfur still sits at the bottom, I believe it's actually infused with the oil.

When I started out I used about 8oz. of oil and about a tablespoon of sulfur. I had to shake it up every time I used it. Now that I have about 4oz. of the oil left, I can't shake it anymore because it's too concenterated. The last time I did this my scalp tingled and was sensitive for a few days after. I gave it a rest and used my Hairveda Shikakai oil and it even tingled.:blush:

So the lesson learned here is, the older my mixture is and the less oil to sulfur ratio. I either need to add more oil as I use it down, or do not shake it up. I chose the latter because I want to use this one up and mix a new batch. It's working fine without shaking it up, and I don't have the sensitivity from it being to strong.

Last edited:
Checking in, last night I massaged in MTG, I must say I will not be using this stuff during the summer.:nono: I could smell it all night while I slept.:barf: The good news is I thinks It's working. Today I used my homemade mixture. One thing I'm learning is that it's gotten stronger since I first made it. Even though the sulfur still sits at the bottom, I believe it's actually infused with the oil.

When I started out I used about 8oz. of oil and about a tablespoon of sulfur. I had to shake it up every time I used it. Now that I have about 4oz. of the oil left, I can't shake it anymore because it's too concenterated. The last time I did this my scalp tingled and was sensitive for a few days after. I gave it a rest and used my Hairveda Shikakai oil and it even tingled.:blush:

So the lesson learned here is, the older my mixture is and the less oil to sulfur ratio. I either need to add more oil as I use it down, or do not shake it up. I chose the latter because I want to use this one up and mix a new batch. It's working fine without shaking it up, and I don't have the sensitivity from it being to strong.

Good you found out early.

I use bountless tress, it a little thicker but that because it has castor oil. You have to shake the bottle just like the homemade sulfur mix. So flowinlocks our mix is good too.

I switched brands for my internal MSM - this one tastes more sour :( Its by Solgar, powder form with some flow agents so not as pure as the one I got from New Horizons. I bought and opened the Solgar before I found out about New Horizons. Now I'm determined to use it up before I allow myself to buy more... Will take in tea until its finished.

Can ladies taking MSM internally share which Vitamin C supplement you are taking with it if any?

ETA: Oh and I added a small amount of my oil mix to some Wild Growth oil I bought a while ago for sealing. Applying every few days.

Last edited:
Is the sulfur in the bottom of this as well?

You know I haven't opened the bottle (it is solid white) to see. I just automatically shake it up. I will take a look tonight.

My Claudie's is on the way so I will switch over to that mid March. So I will do 4 wks Beemine then 4 weeks Claudies and just repeat.

Still taking my MSM daily. Applied my sulfur/castor mix to my scalp last night.

I think this will be my next mixture.:yep: I'll also add a few Ayurvedic oils. I'm loving what Castor oil is doing for my dry ng. My hair and scalp gets super dry in the winter and the MTG is intensifying this.

I prepooed with Amla oil today. Now I'm sitting here with cond. and the second half of my tea rinse. I'll use my homemade sulfur mixture once it airdries.

Is it too late to join? I've decided to start using my old bottle of boundless tresses I bought sometime in early 2009. Also i'm taking MSM more consistently now. I'm trying to get to APL by April for my aunts wedding, which is probably wishful thinking. But i'll see if this helps.

Is it too late to join? I've decided to start using my old bottle of boundless tresses I bought sometime in early 2009. Also i'm taking MSM more consistently now. I'm trying to get to APL by April for my aunts wedding, which is probably wishful thinking. But i'll see if this helps.

It's not too late, I'll add you to the list. Welcome!!:grin:

Back