2010 Sulfur Challenge

I'm not part of this challenge, but I'm lurking. I bought Bee Mine recently and applied twice this week. It still has that sulfur smell so I don't apply on the weekends that I work. I just wanted to report that I washed my hair today and I had minimal shedding. I would say at least 50 percent less shedding. Anyone notice this? I can put up with the sulfur smell for 50 percent less shedding.

I'm not part of this challenge, but I'm lurking. I bought Bee Mine recently and applied twice this week. It still has that sulfur smell so I don't apply on the weekends that I work. I just wanted to report that I washed my hair today and I had minimal shedding. I would say at least 50 percent less shedding. Anyone notice this? I can put up with the sulfur smell for 50 percent less shedding.

Yes I have less shedding. I noticed this around the time when I was ready for my touch up. This is when I usually shed the most. I use tea rinses to help combat this, however it wasn't that bad this time. I feel like my hair is getting thicker and stronger as well. Sulfur is def. a keeper for me.:yep:

Me too. But I haven't put any sulfur on yet because I can't figure out which one I should use; I'm concerned about the smell.

I was debating over purchasing Ms Claudie's and mabe Bee Mine. Is it possible someone could tell me what the ingredients are for the two products? I checked the website but I don't want to use anything where I don't what know what all the ingredients are. TIA

Me too. But I haven't put any sulfur on yet because I can't figure out which one I should use; I'm concerned about the smell.

I was debating over purchasing Ms Claudie's and mabe Bee Mine. Is it possible someone could tell me what the ingredients are for the two products? I checked the website but I don't want to use anything where I don't what know what all the ingredients are. TIA

This is all I could find on the Claudie's

Scalp Elixir Includes but not limited to: Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sulphur, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary essential oils. Scalp Elixir is formulated to be used on the scalp only.

This info was in her Fotki.

Here is the link for Bee Mine, the ingredients are listed once you click on one of the serums.

I just bought some liquid saw palmetto and added a few drops of it to my sulu. Still dont know what i'm gona do when my sulu runs out. to buy more or not to buy more?!

I've been taking my MSM daily, and applying my homemade MTG and S8 every 3-4 days. The sulfur smell is non-existent from my MTG and the S8 is very faint by the time it "soaks in." I wear wigs anyway as a PS during winter, so it doesn't matter! I just hate the oil soaking through onto my pillowcase! I've had to wash them bad boys several times a week, and fortunately it comes out! I want to get some other EO's for my next batch of MTG I am making, since this bottle is just about done.

I did notice about 50% less shedding, as one other LHCF sister added. I'm loving that b/c between anemia, bad eating habits, and stress, my hair needs all the help in the shedding dept. it can get!

I've been taking my MSM daily, and applying my homemade MTG and S8 every 3-4 days. The sulfur smell is non-existent from my MTG and the S8 is very faint by the time it "soaks in." I wear wigs anyway as a PS during winter, so it doesn't matter! I just hate the oil soaking through onto my pillowcase! I've had to wash them bad boys several times a week, and fortunately it comes out! I want to get some other EO's for my next batch of MTG I am making, since this bottle is just about done.

I did notice about 50% less shedding, as one other LHCF sister added. I'm loving that b/c between anemia, bad eating habits, and stress, my hair needs all the help in the shedding dept. it can get!

I notice this also.:ohwell: I may have to start baggying at night.

Flowinlocks--To answer your question about sulfur at the bottom of Beemine. I'm not sure...You can not see to the bottom of the bottle and when I shake it up I'm not sure if those are grains or bubbles. Sorry I couldn't tell you more.

I will apply my Beemine in the next few minutes. I noticed that the Komaza Preshampoo Treatment (a new product) has MSM in it.

Flowinlocks--To answer your question about sulfur at the bottom of Beemine. I'm not sure...You can not see to the bottom of the bottle and when I shake it up I'm not sure if those are grains or bubbles. Sorry I couldn't tell you more.

I will apply my Beemine in the next few minutes. I noticed that the Komaza Preshampoo Treatment (a new product) has MSM in it.[/QUOTE]

I'm still debating on using up my MSM capsules in my cond.:scratchch

I notice this also.:ohwell: I may have to start baggying at night.

I had that problem too so I baggied; well I woke up to a big ole frizzy, tangled, mess :wallbash:! I over did it on the mix Tuesday so I tied my edges down with some stockings and put my satin bonnet on top; most of the oil was captured in the stockings but dont wanna do that too often cause I can see it eating away at your edges!

I missed the original post so I am not sure if I am addressing the actual question but

at the bottom of Beemine the sulfur does settle; you have to shake it up each time you use it

I had that problem too so I baggied; well I woke up to a big ole frizzy, tangled, mess :wallbash:! I over did it on the mix Tuesday so I tied my edges down with some stockings and put my satin bonnet on top; most of the oil was captured in the stockings but dont wanna do that too often cause I can see it eating away at your edges!

Thanks for the heads up.

Ordering sulfur to make my own mix. It should be here and ready to use after my relaxer.

Checking in ladies...taking a break for the next two weeks to prep my hair for my touch up and will start back using the sulfur 2-4 weeks post relaxer.

I'm about to apply my Beemine to my scalp. I picked up my Claudie's Scalp Elixir and Rejuvenating Temple & Hairline Balm today from the post office. The sulfur sits at the bottom of both. With the elixir there is a decent amount of sulphur sitting at the bottom. It takes a little bit to get it all mixed together.

Checking in. I love the smell of my Afroveda Hibiscus oil but I'm thinking of ordering the Bee Mine though :look:.

I'm using the komaza preshampoo treatment now. It is straight liquid. You have to shake it up. It says to warm it up in a hot bath for a minute then use with a plastic cap for 30 minutes to 1 hr. I always use heat bc I think this amps up the benefits of a product. So I'm sitting under my heat cap with it.

I'm about to apply my Beemine to my scalp. I picked up my Claudie's Scalp Elixir and Rejuvenating Temple & Hairline Balm today from the post office. The sulfur sits at the bottom of both. With the elixir there is a decent amount of sulphur sitting at the bottom. It takes a little bit to get it all mixed together.

Shay, what kind of oil is mix with Beemine?

Last edited:
I used my homemade mixture last night. Today I'm prepooing with Amla and Shikakai oil. Then use my Shikakai Poo bar, air dry, apply MTG, and seal with Castor oil and HH LTR leave in.

ETA: I'm dcing after the bar with DPR 11 and AM

Last edited:
I got my relaxer touch up on 1/22/10.
Started using Claudie's elixir on 1/25/10.
My husband measured my new growth earlier this week and he measured 1/2 inch.
Is this normal or is the Claudie's elixir doing something for me?

Shay, what kind of oil is mix with Beemine?
Organic coconut oil(1st ingredient),organic extra virgin olive oil (2nd ingredient), essential oils

I got my relaxer touch up on 1/22/10.
Started using Claudie's elixir on 1/25/10.
My husband measured my new growth earlier this week and he measured 1/2 inch.
Is this normal or is the Claudie's elixir doing something for me?
I get about 1/2 inch per month without aides. But I just realized some of my products that I currently own have msm in them so that may have helped.

Okay...so 1/2 inch IS normal.
This was my first time tracking right after a touch up so I wasn't sure.
My husband was all geeking me up for nothing! lol

Back