2010 Sulfur Challenge

Speaking of MTG, I want to share something funny. I didn't know what to expect when I first purchased it, after reading so many posts about it and then seeing the horse pics on the label, it seemed like a miracle grow. At the very least, it seemed really industrial because of the smell. When I first applied it and it started dripping down my neck and shoulders, I freaked out, worrying that I would grow hair on my shoulders. :lachen::lachen::lachen: So I jumped in the shower immediately trying to get the oil off and then worried that the oily water running down my body would cause hair to grow on my body. :lachen::lachen::lachen: Talk about trippin! And I couldn't say anything to dh because I didn't want him to know I'm using horse products to grow my hair. :blush: :lachen::lachen:

Thought I'd share. I LMBO every time I think about how I was freaking out. D'oh!! :rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen:Yeah that's pretty funny, but hey you never know......Just my luck I would grow a mane down my back.:lachen:

It just dawned on me that I need a touch-up. I'm gonna stop my external sulfur until after I relax. I will continue taking my MSM. I'll most likely relax this Sunday.

It just dawned on me that I need a touch-up. I'm gonna stop my external sulfur until after I relax. I will continue taking my MSM. I'll most likely relax this Sunday.

Thanks LaidBak, you brought up a good question:

how many days/weeks before perm should we stop external and/or internal sulfur and

how many days/weeks after can we re-start with them?:rolleyes:

thanks ladies!:yep:

My Beemine arrived today. I did a test on my hand as suggested on the bottle and it was fine. I put it on my scalp and I wouldn't say it itches but maybe what I feel is it "working".

how many days/weeks before perm should we stop external and/or internal sulfur and

No problem with internal, see this post for external.

Hi ladies :waving:!

I'm in!! Last night I used Afroveda Hibiscus Oil on my scalp and massaged for a few minutes. I also took my MSM :).

Make sure you shampoo your hair today or tommorrow.

:yep: Just came from having my hair washed. MAde an appointment to relax on Saturday.

When i was using BT regularly I would stop one week prior and then resume 1 week later after first wash.

Stopping by to drop of this "cross the towel" pic. Ok. Not a lot but good since my last pic in my siggy. Very impromptu. Stretched section of my hair. I still have lots to go to really be across the line since I'm layered but, a personal milestone.

Also have to say, very quickly that I'm having some sort of itchy reaction. I think to the spirulina I'm taking. Also, I did a braidout yesterday and the oil from mtg was all over my shoulders. Not only did my scalp feel tight this morning (as it has before), but the skin that had contact with the oil. It's all good now but, I thought that was worth mentioning. I'm taking a break from the spirulina and may take a break from the mtg (mainly because I read on the bottle that continued use may have "adverse affects". or something to that effect). Headed out to take my daughter to gymnastics class. It's right next to the store that sells Mega Tek. Hmmmm....

Still taking msm also. Here's the pic.
CIMG0533-1.jpg

:yep: Just came from having my hair washed. MAde an appointment to relax on Saturday.

When i was using BT regularly I would stop one week prior and then resume 1 week later after first wash.

Hey LaidBak, you are keeping up really good being overseas. When I was active duty alot of military ladies just fail and let their hair go. That was not me either. Keep it up.

Checking in. Not sure how much growth I've gotten, but my scalp is itching like crazy, which usually mean growth for me, since starting BT. Did my BT scalp massage tonight and took my MSM.

Stopping by to drop of this "cross the towel" pic. Ok. Not a lot but good since my last pic in my siggy. Very impromptu. Stretched section of my hair. I still have lots to go to really be across the line since I'm layered but, a personal milestone.

Also have to say, very quickly that I'm having some sort of itchy reaction. I think to the spirulina I'm taking. Also, I did a braidout yesterday and the oil from mtg was all over my shoulders. Not only did my scalp feel tight this morning (as it has before), but the skin that had contact with the oil. It's all good now but, I thought that was worth mentioning. I'm taking a break from the spirulina and may take a break from the mtg (mainly because I read on the bottle that continued use may have "adverse affects". or something to that effect). Headed out to take my daughter to gymnastics class. It's right next to the store that sells Mega Tek. Hmmmm....

Still taking msm also. Here's the pic.
CIMG0533-1.jpg

Looks like you're making nice progress in a short amount of time. Congrats.:grin: Thanks for the heads up on the MTG. I try to keep it concentrated to my scalp only.

Hey LaidBak, you are keeping up really good being overseas. When I was active duty alot of military ladies just fail and let their hair go. That was not me either. Keep it up.

Oh no, I have never let my hair go. NEVER! LoL!! This was the year I wanted to make APL and go back to my sweetie with some swangin' hair. :lick:

Did a wash, protein trtmt, dc, and applied my sulfur/castor mix to my scalp last night. Took my msm powder this morning. I'll take another dose of msm after lunch.

Glad to know MSM can still be taken while pregnant. :yep:

Me too! I stopped immediately when I found out I was pregnant until I cleared it with my OB. She said not to take more than 1000 mg per day and I'll be fine. I started taking it for my knee issues and I haven't seen any super growth from it but my new growth seems to be more manageable.

How'd that MegaTek hop into my car? I was driving, looked over at my passenger seat and lo behold, there was a bottle of MegaTek peeking out of a bag. Hmmmm...? It would be rude of me to leave it in the car. I think it's homeless. So I invited it in to hang out with my haircare products. Hopefully it feels at home. I think I'll have a chat with it later tonight. :look: This ever happen to anyone else? Hey! This is my story and I'm sticking with it. So if my hubby asks... :angel2:

How'd that MegaTek hop into my car? I was driving, looked over at my passenger seat and lo behold, there was a bottle of MegaTek peeking out of a bag. Hmmmm...? It would be rude of me to leave it in the car. I think it's homeless. So I invited it in to hang out with my haircare products. Hopefully it feels at home. I think I'll have a chat with it later tonight. :look: This ever happen to anyone else? Hey! This is my story and I'm sticking with it. So if my hubby asks... :angel2:

Lol, I can relate. I was this close to buying some BT today because of the discount, but I have too many oils that I need to use up that I can add my own sulfur to.

Back