2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

here's my starting pics

They are small I know but wanted to upload all at the same time....or whatever.

Anyway the last length shot has my hubby stretching my hair. I don't think he did he a good job:rolleyes:. He was half interested, didn't hold it right at the edge and on the original enlarged pic it does not look as if it is stretched properly...still a bit kinky. In fact i find that when I stretch my hair with my hand it is always still a bit kinky....any other naturals find that??. From past experience my hair gets another inch or so when properly straightened. (Yep, that inch would really count to me :) But for the sake of the progress pics it may not make much difference. The main thing is that I retain hair!!

My hair in the pics is really coily but that is because I have jojoba oil, water and aloe vera gel still in it. This is more of an exaggerated version of my hair texture.Hopefully I'll be able to post a true texture pic when it is freshly washed.

Anyway good luck to everyone!!

Attachments

• my  hair jan 01.jpg
    my hair jan 01.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 16
I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no LHCF for 1 week. (this wil be hard) I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

bhm2.jpg

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no wine for a week (OH I WILL NOT VIOLATE!) I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
(Please add no later than January 1, 2010)
goodenoughmother

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no wine for a week (OH I WILL NOT VIOLATE!) I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

goodenoughmother

Welcome, goodenoughmother! Your picture isn't showing.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be 2x my normal work out routine. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hello Ladies!!!

I would like to join this challenge.

I am going to commit to _4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be two extra 45 minute cardio sessions. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• Starting Picture.jpg
    Starting Picture.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 11
I am going to commit to all 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no sweets for a week. I am currently hiding my hair by wearing cornrows under a wig. I will need to use my passes in Session III & Session IV. I have not had heat in my hair since August. I wash/DC once a week. I moisturize a couple of times daily with different things. I baggy when I'm home & only wear my wig when I'm out.

I'm adding the last length shot I took. I won't have another one until next week when I take my hair down. My hair currently is between BSB & BSL.
P5290066.jpg

I thought I posted last week, but I didn't see it so here goes....

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no french fries for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture: Please see my sig:yep:

I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be No coloring for a week :look: . I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

starting Pic is my Avi

I'm a newbie here! I'm excited about my healthy hair journey!!
I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __no LMN for a week______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I am going to commit to _3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no hanging out with friends for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

my starting pic is my avi

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be to refrain from going to Target for ONE week :perplexed. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• 100_1093.jpg
    100_1093.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
I am going to commit to sessions 1 and 2 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be run additional half mile every day for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

GoaL - To grow out my TWA to at least shoulder length by Aug 2010, and continue to achieve length through the end of the year.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no LHCF or any other hair related website for three months. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

dsc07256vi.jpg

*This pic was taken September 28, 2009. I stopped using heat to straighten, so I don't have any other length shots after this shot was taken.*

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no shopping for 2 weeks and no chocolate!

I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last edited:
So, I tried flexirods (airdried) for the first time and I LOVE it.... W/ a little practice they should look better in no time... I think I'll try the the bantu knot out next :grin:

:arrowdown:

Attachments

• ash2.jpg
    ash2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 5
  • ash3.jpg
    ash3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4
  • ash.jpg
    ash.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My head feels so much better since I washed it. Heck it felt that I havent washed my hair in years and I just cowashed last Friday.
I will put four plaits in and wear a braidout bun until cowash on Friday.

I did a dry DC today using Nexxus Humectress (its only a small amount left), CON purple, squirt of ApHogee 2 min, and coconut oil.

Then washed with CON Green then did a cowash with Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner to soften my hair up a little.

Last edited:
I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be "No Sweets/Junk Food for 1 Week". I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

http://public.fotki.com/lovinlocks/2010/the-sista-and-her-locks/a-m-madness.html

Was trying to get the photo to show up here without being big as heck, but I can't seem to do it with my Fotki. :wallbash:

Just checking in:
I deep conditioned (protein+moisture) on saturday and did a felxi rod set.
Yesterday I tried Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture shampoo and conditioner and it was AMAZING! My hair actually felt like silk! This is my first time using this brand or any other organic brand. It's definately gonna become my staple if the results continue. I half airdrying half bonnet drying my hair in 4 flexible rods.
Today I'm wearing a sock bun and I'm sooooo proud of myself! lol I can feel healthier ends on the way!!

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ____no hair forums of any kind including youtube for 2 weeks___________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

starting pic: see last photo in my sig under jan 2010

I'm a few days late. Hope I can still join. Starting pic taken 1/4/2010 is in my siggy.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp.
My consequence for violating Bootcamp No pass for that particular session.
I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no sweets for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

ETA: Attached Starting pic

Attachments

• IMG00060201002010448-vi.jpg
    IMG00060201002010448-vi.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no cinema going for 2 months :look:. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture: (see siggy)

Woops! Posted in the "get ready" thread.

Well, I'm off to a good start for boot camp. Been DCing every 4-7 days, air drying and bunning. I'm gettting a relaxer this weekend, and I'm not going to get a trim this time. After the relaxer, I'll post starting pics.

Woops! Posted in the "get ready" thread.

Well, I'm off to a good start for boot camp. Been DCing every 4-7 days, air drying and bunning. I'm gettting a relaxer this weekend, and I'm not going to get a trim this time. After the relaxer, I'll post starting pics.

I was too, dont feel bad LOL

Back