2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

Checking in.....done w/ rollersets...so Feb 20 I'll be getting a sewin and using these to protect my hair and continue my stretch until June!

checking in.
Getting tired of the wigs, so i probably will get braids installed within the next two weeks. Loving this challenge. My hair seems to be doing very well.

Checking in I'm doin really well. Especially covering and protecting my hair at night.

But I'm kind of over bunning again.

Checking in I'm doin really well. Especially covering and protecting my hair at night.

But I'm kind of over bunning again.

Checking in and agreeing with you on bunning. I know it is polled as the BEST protective style...but buns are so uncomfortable for me. DH liked it a lot though so I may try again in the future since I know it's good for my hair.

In the meantime, roller sets are my style. I relaxed after coming out of twists. It came out well but underprocessed, and I am honestly not mad about that. I used my pass for heat to length check, but other than that I am still going strong...no trimming, DC with each wash, protectve styling, etc.

I can't wait to see all our first length updates!!!

cj

Just checking in. I have been doing quite well so far. Had a full weave for one month and now am in braids, this way am not going to be tempted to use heat(except for deep condition) in my hair and am resting of the relaxer for a while. Been taking good care of my own hair under the braid and weave, hope to have some nice growth.

Henna'd over the weekend and Dc'd. Maintaining hair in twist/twistout look. Doing another length check in a few weeks.

I just put in my sew-in and will try to keep it in about 6, maybe even 8 weeks, depending on how it looks. Then I'll take my one month off to deep condition and texlax it and decide maybe on getting some braids again.

I'm trying to wait the full month to give my hair a rest from the twists and to COMPLETELY stop the little bit of breakage I was having. It's slowed a lot - probably was a moisture thing - but it has not completely stopped like I want.

I refuse to put braids in hair that is breaking off, even if it is a teeny tiny bit. I hope these next couple of weeks of MT and loads of moisture will continue to help. My ends look great, though. No splits or crunchiness anywhere.

How is everyone doing? Any length checks to post?

BTW...happy half-yearversary to me on LHCF!!! :yay::yay::yay: It's been six wonderful months since I found the site (ignore the profile; it's wrong for some reason.) I've already seen some progress and can't wait to see where my hair will be at the end of year one!!

Blessings,
Christi

HELP, I'm doing good, but I have lots of new growth, I have been stretching since the last of summer, close to fall of 2008, can I get a relaxer touch up? Also I notice I need my ends trim, since I'm not allowed to trim, what should I do? Any advice would help ladies, If you need a picture, I could take one and post it. :wallbash: lol

i have to keep checking in to remind myself that there is no direct heat in this challenge...smh only 10 more months to go lol

Thank you. I kept the style for two weeks. It could have lasted longer, but I'm addicted to cowashing :yep:.

You too! I had the cutest style in my hair,..and all because I was itching to wash and just go crazy with the co-wash, I took it down yesterday and washed it :)

And oh checking in: So far pretty good, I had plaits/box braids in my hair for 4 weeks, then I did the cute style (a half frohawk with twists) lasted for a week, later tonight I'll be back in plaits and possibly leave those in for 4 weeks to 8 weeks.
Yay bootcamp.

HELP, I'm doing good, but I have lots of new growth, I have been stretching since the last of summer, close to fall of 2008, can I get a relaxer touch up? Also I notice I need my ends trim, since I'm not allowed to trim, what should I do? Any advice would help ladies, If you need a picture, I could take one and post it. :wallbash: lol

Actually you do get a pass per session and if you go beyond that, you should have a punishment you need to give to yourself DDP.

I am still doing great. I am wearing my human 60 second wig as a sew-in:grin:. Quite easy by the way, the easiest sew in I've ever had.

Actually you do get a pass per session and if you go beyond that, you should have a punishment you need to give to yourself DDP.

I will use one pass to trim for my relaxer, I don't even remember my last trim,lol. Thanks Aggie :drunk:

I'm gone to post a pic, for you all to mark it on how much I should trim.

Last edited:
I washed my hair over the side of the tub tonight. I just did NOT feel like getting into the shower - AGAIN.

I hate the tangles.

Lesson learned....but I sure do wish there was another way to get this done without having to go through an entire showering ritual just to get my hair clean. I feel like I take 4 baths on wash day. Arrggghhh...:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Sitting under the dryer, drying my bun. I probably have to detangle more later. One more:wallbash: for the road...

cj

I am going to commit to 3 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no internet for one week or until I can get my sh&$ together. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I am going to start on the second session. If anyone would like to see my starting point please visit my fotki album. Located in my profile.

I had to use my pass on Tuesday. I got invited somewhere pretty late and it was necessary.

Other than that, I'm doing really well.

I am going to commit to 3 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no internet for one week or until I can get my sh&$ together. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I am going to start on the second session. If anyone would like to see my starting point please visit my fotki album. Located in my profile.

:yep:Goodluck sweetie, enjoy the challenge, this my first year joining, I joined this forum last year around the time the challenge was ending.:perplexed

I am hanging tough ladies! I have an event tonight and I not gonna use any heat, I am about to condition my hair and apply my shea mix, then do some corn rows and throw on the 60 second half wig!

Doing well...Been cowashing and twisting hair nightly. Hair really thriving b/c of it. In need of a trim. Starting to see some split ends/single strand knots. Thinking about doing it after my next length check.

I am going to commit to _3_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _No Coffee for two weeks_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I'm new to the board so my signature pic and my starting pic are the same....It was taken Sunday 2/22/09.

:grin:

Attachments

• 090221_180708.jpg
    090221_180708.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 4
I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still doing well and sticking to bootcamp.:yep: I'm glad to see so many of my ladies sticking to the program. You won't be sorry, and your hair will thank you so very much!

I need to trim but I don't trust anyone to do it, does anyone have any tips of self trimming natural hair?

I hate to toot my own horn but I am doing really well on bootcamp this session. My hair feels fantastic. It's looking a little fuzzy at the moment because I got rained on but it feels so nice and healthy.

Back