2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

Sorry I have not been checking in.

Even though I am in kinky twist I still D/C once a week. I have not used heat since Dec and I dont plan on using direct heat this session. I am getting the twist out the first saturday in March and doing a Henna treatment and rollerset and ends dusted. Wigs for a couple of weeks and back to the box braids. I am 23 weeks post and trying to go till the end of the year by doing the C&G method (modified). Moisture and a relaxer break is what my hair needs. Though I did dream about going natural last night:look: dont know yet. I did order a steamer that should be in by the end of the month.

Bootcamping the entire year!

No no no. Just for clarity, breakage and shedding are totally different. Shedding is a normal reaction of the hair and breakage is not. Shed hair has the white bulb at the end of the strand and breakage is pieces of hair without the bulb attached. Garlic is primarily used to control shedding and the blackstrap molasses controls breakage. I am not sure which one is happening to your hair. Chose the recipe for your hair's present condition, okay?

Ok. Got it. I am having breakage. Sorry for not being clear. I have maintained my garlic since I am using MT o the length of my hair and scalp and don't want to see the shedding had when I first started using it.

To be clear: I am seeing bits of breakage. Now....it could have been that my hair was starting to get stressed out from the twists having been in for so long. It could also have been the kinky twists themselves. Usually, I get braids, but I dd twists this time. Never again. I think they were too harsh on my hair over time. I am considering dropping out of the C&G Challenge and bunning instead. I'll decide during my rest period.

I clarified again yesterday just for good measure, put MT on the length for about 10 minutes, rinsed and then DC, conditioned and detangled in the shower. The breakage has nearly stopped. I think I just needed more moisture. I dried under the bonnet.

I decided last night that I definitely am NOT transitioning. I am relaxing Saturday. The stretch has gone on long enough, but I can see the benefits of waiting a while. Thank you so much for the pointers in your Fotki. They are excellent!

How is your texlax going?

Christi

Last edited:
i think i am going to use direct heat on saturday......oh i hope my lazy self kicks in and i dont end up going to get my hair blow fried!!!!!

but the temptation is killing me... i have a cousins engagement party saturday! i really dont want to be going in a bun......BORING!!!!! and no not even a braid out.

Been doing the Curly Nikki TnC method for 2wks now and LOVE it!!!

Also found that apply curl activator spray to my damp hair along w/some castor oil and shea butter leaves my hair super moist.

I'm hanging in there. I did some micro twists over the weekend, I love them! :grin: Hoping they will last through a washing & DCing this weekend.

Ok. Got it. I am having breakage. Sorry for not being clear. I have maintained my garlic since I am using MT o the length of my hair and scalp and don't want to see the shedding had when I first started using it.

To be clear: I am seeing bits of breakage. Now....it could have been that my hair was starting to get stressed out from the twists having been in for so long. It could also have been the kinky twists themselves. Usually, I get braids, but I dd twists this time. Never again. I think they were too harsh on my hair over time. I am considering dropping out of the C&G Challenge and bunning instead. I'll decide during my rest period.

I clarified again yesterday just for good measure, put MT on the length for about 10 minutes, rinsed and then DC, conditioned and detangled in the shower. The breakage has nearly stopped. I think I just needed more moisture. I dried under the bonnet.

I decided last night that I definitely am NOT transitioning. I am relaxing Saturday. The stretch has gone on long enough, but I can see the benefits of waiting a while. Thank you so much for the pointers in your Fotki. They are excellent!

How is your texlax going?

Christi

You're welcomed honey and thanks. The texlaxing is going well. My niece will be putting in my sew-in tomorrow. I can't wait. I'll keep it in for about 6 - 8 weeks or so. The extra protein treatments with moisture has been very helpful in keeping my lines of demarcation very strong while I transition. I am done with bone straight relaxing.

Checking in ladies,

Things are going good right now. I am debating if whether or not I should get braids this month to help my relaxer stretch. My hairline is somewhat fragile and I fear that the braids would cause too much tension/stress.....decisions, decisions.

Checking in guys!

Whew...well, everything seems to be going quite well. I have completely changed my regimen (I will update fotki soon), and made the switch to making my own products. I wear protective styling most of the time, and do some braidouts as well...I don't really get too elaborate with my protective styling, just a loose bun (after a braidout) and I am good to go..Pics of it, can be found in my fotki here.
I shampoo twice a week, I no longer do cowashes as I made a shampoo bar that seems to clean and moisturize at the same time...so no more worrying about SLS. Once a week, I pour a little acv (straight) in an applicator bottle, and apply it to my scalp only, I leave it on for about 2 minutes, then proceed with shampooing. This is a gentle way for me to remove build up.
I moisturize daily, and keep those ends soft, and tucked away. I plan to do a length check in May.
Good Luck Ladies! We can do it!!!! :D

checkin in

ive been doing fine so far my hair is usually hidden under something these days until i can get it braided during spring break since i cant use any heat. other than that ive been doing really good. hope everyone else is

Checking in guys!

Whew...well, everything seems to be going quite well. I have completely changed my regimen (I will update fotki soon), and made the switch to making my own products. I wear protective styling most of the time, and do some braidouts as well...I don't really get too elaborate with my protective styling, just a loose bun (after a braidout) and I am good to go..Pics of it, can be found in my fotki here.
I shampoo twice a week, I no longer do cowashes as I made a shampoo bar that seems to clean and moisturize at the same time...so no more worrying about SLS. Once a week, I pour a little acv (straight) in an applicator bottle, and apply it to my scalp only, I leave it on for about 2 minutes, then proceed with shampooing. This is a gentle way for me to remove build up.
I moisturize daily, and keep those ends soft, and tucked away. I plan to do a length check in May.
Good Luck Ladies! We can do it!!!! :D

Your hair is stunning! Your regimen looks pretty simple as well. I am new enough to LHCF (ignore what the profile says...I joined August of last year - 2008) that I still don't have a real regimen. Learning what my hair likes is really hard. Anyway...maybe one day I will learn to keep it simple as well...

HHG!

cj

Your hair is stunning! Your regimen looks pretty simple as well. I am new enough to LHCF (ignore what the profile says...I joined August of last year - 2008) that I still don't have a real regimen. Learning what my hair likes is really hard. Anyway...maybe one day I will learn to keep it simple as well...

HHG!

cj

Thank you! I have a graveyard of products that I don't even use anymore...lol It took a while for me to learn what my hair liked :ohwell:. You will get there!! Good luck with your hair journey, please keep us all posted on your progress :yep:

Thank you! I have a graveyard of products that I don't even use anymore...lol It took a while for me to learn what my hair liked :ohwell:. You will get there!! Good luck with your hair journey, please keep us all posted on your progress :yep:

Hmmm, let's have a little chat about this graveyard of products that youhave that you DON'T use anymore just a minute, shall we:yep:. What are they and will you part with them anytime soon, i dunno, say you maybe gettin' ready to trash them or something like that:grin:?

Hmmm, let's have a little chat about this graveyard of products that youhave that you DON'T use anymore just a minute, shall we:yep:. What are they and will you part with them anytime soon, i dunno, say you maybe gettin' ready to trash them or something like that:grin:?

:lachen::lachen:

I am going to commit to __4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ______No ice cream for 1 month_________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
(Please add no later than January 1, 2009)

HA HA HA! @ Aggie! :lachen:My mom has been asking me all week if I was sure I was done with them....then she finally asked me on Thurs to box them up....she is driving 45 minutes from her house to mine just to pick them up....LOL

I will be doing some Spring Cleaning...and I may have some ingredients I don't mind parting with...will keep you posted:grin:

HA HA HA! @ Aggie! :lachen:My mom has been asking me all week if I was sure I was done with them....then she finally asked me on Thurs to box them up....she is driving 45 minutes from her house to mine just to pick them up....LOL

I will be doing some Spring Cleaning...and I may have some ingredients I don't mind parting with...will keep you posted:grin:

:grin: Thanks for your thoughts honey. Now if mom don't want them, you know I'm just a pm away, okay:yep:?

Well I did a henna treatment last night, whipped it up and let the color release early that morning (thanks to Lavendar for that heating pad idea) I slept in it over night and rinsed first thing this morning, DC with Aussie Moist/coconut oil and a little Alter ego mix rinsed and airdried in a banana clip. My hair felt sooo good, and heavier too, I plan on doing henna treatments once a month.

checkin' in

so far i am doing good, very proud of myself for being consistent. i currently have maybe 1/4" of hair. i started off with a boy-cut. just happy i can at least pick it up :grin:.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to commit to __4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ______No new products for 2 month_________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Starting pic coming soon!

(Please add no later than January 1, 2009)

i rollerset today.....AND BLOW DRIED:blush::sad:....and i didnt need to....my hair was even better before i blow dried......*sigh*

so there goes my pass........but i dont think i'll be using heat EVER......unless its for length checks......its not worth it i think

I'm doing well with this challenge. I've been tweaking my regimen, but it still falls within the Bootcamp guidelines. I'm not sure when I'll take comparison pictures. Maybe in May.

Just checking in...So far, so good. Haven't need to use my pass yet and I doubt I will, well maybe I will use a pass and get a trim but that's about it. Right now I'm wigging it with twist underneath I will be doing this for a couple of weeks then go to two strand twist for a week then a twistout. This will be my routine for a couple months.

Just checking in...So far, so good. Haven't need to use my pass yet and I doubt I will, well maybe I will use a pass and get a trim but that's about it. Right now I'm wigging it with twist underneath I will be doing this for a couple of weeks then go to two strand twist for a week then a twistout. This will be my routine for a couple months.

I feel the same. Right now I have some Miss Celie braids under a BSS lace front. OCT in the parts, cowash twice a week, deep condition once and rebraid. One funny thing though. I always have to leave some little bit of hair out to mess with or I'll take down my hair just so I can play in it.:look:

Just checking in. My hair is doing great. My hair is braided and I am wearing a wig for a protective style. I have been itching to blow dry and see how long my hair grow, but I am waiting patiently for the end of July.
The 1st session is almost over and I am not going to use my pass at the end. (Don't listen to me):nono: I pray I make it without using my pass. I braid my own hair, and so-far-so-good.

Update for Mid February
I have been sticking to the rules
1. No Direct Heat
2. No Trimming
3. I Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo
4. and I wear my hair in a single braid every day and I rollersets on wash days to reduce shrinage.

I think I need a detangler for my hair to reduce shedding. Any suggestions for a natural one without mineral oil and parabens?

Back