2007 LHCF BOOT CAMP!!

My punishment is no new hair stuff (products, tools, or accessories) for a month.

Also, I need a pass on the no trim/cutting thing because I have to BC sometime next year. but until I announce the day, no scissors will touch my hair.

I, Gymfreak336 am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have _Determination!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning!
Also, I am going do _gold_ level with an additional challenge
My additional challenge will be take vits everyday, and work up to platinium level by the end of phase 2 . (for platinum only) My consequence will be no new makeup products for 1 month. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!!

I know additional challenges were for platinium but can I be excused for these two? :D

I am going to commit to 1 sessions. I have DETERMINATION!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level!
My additional challenge will be TAKING MY VITAMINS DAILY, STRETCHING RELAXERS, HIDING MY HAIR atleast 3 weeks a month. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will post a pic at the starting point by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! I'm ready to hit armpit :whip:!
Punishment will be no LHCF board for a week and no salon service for 2 weeks...:ohwell:

Last edited:
I am going to commit to __3__ sessions. I have ____Determination____!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do __Platinum_______ level!
My additional challenge will be to take all my vitamins and use a growth aid 3x a week. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no shopping for a month :eek: . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determination!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!
My additional challenge will be using my taking my vits consistently and Crown and Gory.
My consequence will be no lhcf for a month. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

I, PryncessLana, am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have Diligence!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be poppin' pills regularly, exercising regularly, lose 30 lbs by the end of my two sessions. (for platinum only) My consequence will be NO new products until the end of my two sessions. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this! :cool:

I am going to commit to 3sessions. I have determination!
My additional challenge will be no unecessary combing/brushing, baggy under phony ponies and quick weaves/wigs, stretching my relaxer for 4-6 months, and no new products that aren't needed. (for platinum only) My consequence will be $50 dollars in my f-up jar. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I'm going to trim my hair for the last time in December so I can retain all healthy length.

Last edited:
I am sooooooooooo in!

I am going to commit to 1 session. I have Willpower!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Gold level! I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!
Lets do this!:yay:

I am going to commit to one session. I have discipline!
My additional challenge will be vitamins and at least 48 oz water regularly.
My consequence will be no LHCF for a week.

I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

:armyhat:

I'm a survivor, I'm not gon' give up,
I'm not gon' stop, I'm gon' work harder,
I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it,
I will survive, Keep on survivin' !!!

Great thread. Im in, baby!!!:lol: Sorry, but I dont know how to cut and paste.:(

Last edited:
shunta said:
Great thread. Im in, baby!!!:lol: Sorry, but I dont know how to cut and paste.:(

Aww, to copy highlight the part you want to copy, then hold the ctrl key and press the letter 'c' key (nothing will happen, but it will copy the text you want). Then when when you reply, put your cursor in the text box and hold the ctrl button again and then press the letter 'v' key; the text you selected will appear in where you placed your cursor. That's how you copy and paste.

rinygirl6 said:
Aww, to copy highlight the part you want to copy, then hold the ctrl key and press the letter 'c' key (nothing will happen, but it will copy the text you want). Then when when you reply, put your cursor in the text box and hold the ctrl button again and then press the letter 'v' key. That's how you copy and paste.
Oh thanks, chica!:) Okay, Im gonna go back and try now and see what happens.:look:

brownsugarflyygirl said:
2007 LHCF Boot Camp

Starting January 1, 2007

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

Platinum Level: Gold Level + Your additional personal challenge– EX: Buns/Baggy, Vitamins, 3- month relaxer stretch, All Natural products, No combing/brushing, etc. Its whatever you decide, but let us know which challenge you add.

This challenge will have 3 sessions. Each will be 120 days long:
One Session – 120 Days: Discipline
Two Sessions - 240 Days: Diligence
Three Sessions – 360 Days: Determination
You can sign up for 1, 2, or 3 sessions.

Those who make it through 3 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!:weird:

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

Emergency Example A: My ends were sooo thin & scraggly I just HAD TO trim 1inch. My hair looks so much better and I am back focused on Bootcamp.

Emergency Example B: My sister is getting married in two weeks and my SO/DH has been begging me to wear my hair down so I am going to flat iron my hair this weekend, and then I am going straight back to my bun and Bootcamp.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: – If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc. (Notice the positive tone of the punishment). For every action there is always CONSEQUENCES! So get one in mind...to hold yourself accountable!

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

I am going to commit to ____ sessions. I have _________!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _________ level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I'm down for this challenge. I will do the Plantinum Level and I'm going for session 1. If I mess up, I'll eliminate fried food from my diet and do extra workout sessions :lol:

Does any one know how to post a picture in their siggy? I know how to do the avatar.

Thank you Jesus!!!

I am going to commit to 1 SESSION (120 days). I have DISCIPLINE!
(If I pass and it works, I'll continue on)
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level (low manipulation)!
My additional challenge will be EXERCISE AT LEAST 3X A WEEK.
My consequence will be NO HOT FUDGE BROWNIE SUNDAES FOR A MONTH (or any other sugar that Braum's, Baskin Robbins, DQ, Steak & Shake, etc. provides).
I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

LETS DO THIS!

Last edited:
I am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have Faith !
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be using all natural products only
My consequence will be no soda or sweets and ab workouts. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have DETERMINATION.
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the PLATINUM level!
My additional challenge will be LOW/No Manipulation & Vitamins. (for platinum only) My consequence will be NO NEW PRODUCTS for a month! (I am nearly fainted as I typed 'No New Products. Lawd help me! I'm a bonafide P.J.! :wacky:)

I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

I, Funkparadise, am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have diligence! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level! My additional challenge will be MTG, MN, vitamins and 1/2 gallon of water a day (for platinum only) My consequence will be no LHCF or listening to my iPod for a week (that would suck and make me :sad:).

I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread!

Lets do this!

Dang! I need a boot camp like this for fitness also!!

Hey I like this challenge. I'm going to commit to 1 session and work my way up to platinum status!:D Let BOOT CAMP BEGIN!!!!!

I am going to commit to _1___ sessions. I have DETERMINATION!

Last edited:
Im in Ladies, This challenge should definately get me to my MidBack Goal by next year:D

I TAYW am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have DETERMINATION!
My additional challenge will be NO HEAT/LOW MANIPULATION. (for platinum only) My consequence will be NO NEW PRODUCTS for a month . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have high hopes !
My additional challenge will be exercising daily, taking vitamins, stretching for 15 weeks and using only two line of hair care products. . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this! Wow this is great my first new year resolution for 2007

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
My additional challenge will be exercise 6 days/week, maintain proper diet. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no eating out for 2 months (I lurve eating out!). I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

MonaRae said:
I am going to commit to all 2 sessions. I have the will and the Power Of Prayer to back up my claim I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the Platinum level!!!!! My additional challenge will be GHLW via Low/No Manipulation (by any means necessary :mad: ) with once-a-week washings! I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by 1/1/07 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread
MonaRae

Edit to change from 3 session to 2 sessions.

That's all, you had 3 sessions and changed it to 2 sessions:spank: put it back to 3 sessions:p

shunta said:

I am going to commit to ____ sessions. I have _________!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _________ level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

There you go Boo:p

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination baby! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! My consequence will be adding a run day to my running schedule, and not having a diet cheat day. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

This is Fabulous!!!

I am signing up for the Gold Level Session 2.

I am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have Determination!
My consequence will be One Less Dance Class a Week. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:
tsmith said:
That's all, you had 3 sessions and changed it to 2 sessions:spank: put it back to 3 sessions:p

lolll! I know but I am curretly doing what is stated for this bootcamp and I have been hiding my hair for almost 1 year now :(. I am currently wearing a phony pony and under it my hair is in a baggie. So I really already started. Before that I had my hair in kinky twist (only 5 weeks :ohwell: I just couldn't take it another day!). That was 2.5 weeks ago. So really I am doing 3 sessions but I started 9/15. lollll! Bet you didn't see that coming.

My plan was to go back to me in July and I didn't want to lie and say I will do it and know I wouldn't. I so long to wear my hair out again.

I really think I am scared to wear it out again. So I plan on getting rid of all my blouses that will cause shedding and replace with silk or silkly blouses.

Thanks! tsmith I need a kick in the butt every now and again!

MonaRae

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions. I have Determination!
My additional challenge will be __64oz of water, multivitamins, and exercise a minimum of 3x a week.. (for platinum only) My consequence will be (hmmm.. I have to think about that one). I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Thanks for starting this!! Just the motivation I need!

I am so down!!!!!

I am going to commit to all 3 sessions. I have self control!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level!
My additional challenge will be no more than 3 text in 1 year, protective styles daily, take my vitamins faithfully and cowash 2-3xs per week. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no sweets for 2 weeks and extra walking for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

brownsugarflyygirl said:
2007 LHCF Boot Camp

Starting January 1, 2007

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

Platinum Level: Gold Level + Your additional personal challenge– EX: Buns/Baggy, Vitamins, 3- month relaxer stretch, All Natural products, No combing/brushing, etc. Its whatever you decide, but let us know which challenge you add.

This challenge will have 3 sessions. Each will be 120 days long:
One Session – 120 Days: Discipline
Two Sessions - 240 Days: Diligence
Three Sessions – 360 Days: Determination
You can sign up for 1, 2, or 3 sessions.

Those who make it through 3 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!:weird:

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

Emergency Example A: My ends were sooo thin & scraggly I just HAD TO trim 1inch. My hair looks so much better and I am back focused on Bootcamp.

Emergency Example B: My sister is getting married in two weeks and my SO/DH has been begging me to wear my hair down so I am going to flat iron my hair this weekend, and then I am going straight back to my bun and Bootcamp.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: – If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc. (Notice the positive tone of the punishment). For every action there is always CONSEQUENCES! So get one in mind...to hold yourself accountable!

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

I am going to commit to 3__ sessions. I have ___determination______!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _platnum________ level!
My additional challenge will be _to consistantly excercise 3 times per week, and stop smoking_________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _no np,lhcf,internet, or shoes______________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

[/quote ]

I am so glad that you came up w/ this challenge! I am really excited about challenging myself. Pushing myself just to see how well I can do! Thanks! THis is really exciting!​

Back