Your Wedding Song

ajoyfuljoy

Which song did you pick or do you plan to pick as your song? Like the one song that you all will first dance to or the one you will walk down the aisle to? Maybe this thread can serve as inspiration for those who are still undecided.

Our song is "So High" by John Legend and everytime I hear it I get butterflies in my stomach like I did on my wedding day!

Our wedding party walked down to "So High". I think it is such a beautiful song. Our first dance was to "Kiss of Life" by Sade.

We didn't do a traditional first dance song and danced to a special mix of 2 Outkast songs that our DJ made. It started with the song Prototype which is a slow song and then went into I Like the Way you Move where we did our 'fun' dance. Everyone loved it.

Our wedding party walked down to "Ribbon in the Sky" by Stevie Wonder and I walked down to a song that my husband wrote for me. He is a songwriter.

Sweetest Love by Robin Thicke gets honorable mention! We used it on our wedding DVD.

Our wedding song was Pachelbel's Canon in D. I really wanted a small band of Acoustic Violins playing that song as my bridal party walked in. The song that me and dh did our first dance off of was a Keith Sweat song that actually really meant something to us when we first met.

My good friend walked down the aisle to "Butterflyz" by A.Keys...and there wasn't a dry eye in the room...so touching! Every time I hear it I think of that moment.

Our first dance was a Prince mix Adore/ Call My Name. My ceremony music was traditional classical... Cannon in D and the like.
Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

"Giving Myself" by J. Hudson for the walk down the aisle...This one was played at my other buddy's wedding.

Seasons by Donald Lawrence is what I walked down the aisle to. When he says "it's your time the wait is over, walk into your season" the doors of the church opened and I walked in with my daddy.

As for our first dance, I can't EVEN recall. So sad lol but I heard nothing but my DH's voice. I will have to post the pic from our first dance so you can see what I mean. Lol

I want to walk down the aisle to Keyshia Cole "You Complete Me". I want our first dance to be to Beyonce's rendition of "At last"

I walked down the aisle to the instrumental of Robin Thicke's Lost Without You. At the end of the ceremony, we walked out to Blue Rondo a la Turk by Dave Brubeck.

The wedding party walked down to Golden by Chrisette Michelle, I walked down to When I First Saw You by Jamie Foxx, and the first dance was to Love Of My Life by Brian McKnight. I smile when I hear all if those songs.

Our song was Forever, For Always, For Love by Lalah Hathaway. I still love that song dearly. When I hear it, I start getting all teary eyed thinking about my DH! ok im about to cry, lol!

Not married nor even close, but I know one song I definitely want to include is "Unbelievable" by Craig David. Such a beautiful song!

I'm loving these songs. I'm not married yet but by God's grace I'm walking to Maurette Brown-Clark's 'The One He Kept for Me.'

Our wedding song was Pachelbel's Canon in D. I really wanted a small band of Acoustic Violins playing that song as my bridal party walked in. The song that me and dh did our first dance off of was a Keith Sweat song that actually really meant something to us when we first met.

I LOVE THIS SONG!!! I actually want to walk in on this! I'm getting a harpist!

Last edited:
my first dance will HOPEFULLY be Shania Twain "From this moment" but he wants something more "urban" so we haven't decided. We don't have a song nor are we engaged. Soooo I think we have time! lol

I hope that I can still walk in to music in Jamaica...LOL

The song I have chosen is Make Me Whole by Amel...:-)

First dance either Tamia "You Put a Move on my Heart" or LTD " Love Ballad"

I am SO excited. I listen to all three repeatedly these days.

If I HAD a bridal party....they would have walked in to a sax playing Luther's Amazing Love.

I just listened to Butterflyz.... OMG.. I love it. It will definitely be on the wedding soundtrack for that day.

Makes me wanna kiss on my boobie. :-)

Im no where near married but my song to walk down da aisle would be "Here With You" by Donnie McClurkin and I want my first dance to be "Stop this world" by Ne-yo.

First dance: Sade - By Your Side
Walking down the aisle to Keith Urban: only you can love me this way
bridal party are walking in to LOVE STORY (Taylor Swift) meets VIVA LA VIDA (Coldplay) - Piano Cello - by Jon Schmidt
Recessional we are walking to Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti & Spearhead

I want to have a Motown/1960s theme wedding. I want our first dance to be to The Dells-Always Together. I want to walk down the aisle to Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell-Your Precious Love(significant because I want our engagement photos to be replicas of pictures of Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell together). I want my wedding party to walk down the aisle to Gladys Knight-Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me(Yes, I know this was not out in the 1960s, but in 1971...I can't think of any other good replacement for this song that came out in the 60s).

Back