What Are Your Wedding Songs Going To Be?

Re:

There is this beautiful song by John P. Kee titled "Wedding Song". This song would be on repeat at my wedding. Here are the lyrics:

WEDDING SONG

Verse
On this wedding day
I’m honored just to say
I love you
With all of my heart
As you walk my way
I vowed I’d never stray
I promise
That we’ll never part
I was raised to believe
That a man should never cry
But this tear in my eye
Let’s you know I’m satisfied
So today I take you as my bride

Chorus
Let us cherish this hour
Our love forever, Amen
So let us cherish this hour
We’ll never be lonely again
As the Lord allowed our lives
To intertwine
It’s a blessing just to know
Forever and always
You will be mine

Verse
I wait so long to find
A love that would be mine
Then God sent you
My searching it is through
I know you’re heaven sent
Nobody else could compliment
My calling the way that you do
I’m so glad we can share this day
With all of our friends and family
As they begin to stand
And I extend to you my hand
In holy matrimony

Chorus

Vamp
Predestined hour
Our love forever
We’ll stay together
Forever

I am yours and
You are mine, you are mine

I now pronounce you man and wife

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
I looooove "At Last". They play it in movies a lot. And it's rare that I'm super in-love with a love song (except for "At Last"). Here's the chorus(but you really need to hear the music to understand why it's so good. It's a good "first dance" song
smile.gif
)

I'm going to love you more than anyone
I'm going to hold you closer than before
And when I kiss your soul, your body'll be free
I'll be free for you anytime
I'm going to love you more than anyone

*sigh*
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
"At Last" is definitely the song...
11_1_206.gif

Re:

I'll tell you what it won't be. Stranger by LTD. I went to a wedding in the mid 1980's and this was the song the bride and groom chose for their first dance. I'm not sure if the song is about infidelity or sexual fantasies... It may have been the first song they erm... danced...
look.gif
to while they were dating. Either way-- I didn't think it was appropriate for a wedding.
nono.gif

Tonight there’ll be no stranger
There will not be another fantasy
My baby’s called, she’s on her way here
The only one who ever cared about me

whyme.gif

Re:

Oh and the dance with my Dad will be to Wing Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler. Every verse defines my love for my father.

Thanks for this thread guys. I needed it!! I've been stuck at Here and Now for weeks. I couldn't even think of any more.

I have a very ecletic taste in music. My friends probably think i'm nuts, but that's okay. First dance song: Unchained Melody by the Richeous Brothers
---->that's the song from the pottery scene in Ghost.

Re:

sengschick said:
I think I'm going to go traditional. I'm having a harpist, so she'll do the wedding march. Our wedding party consists of a best man and maid of honor, so the maid's song will be a short diddy, an interlude. Then we'll probably pic one of those great Stevie love songs and a religious song during the ceremony. For the reception/party we're certainly playing the following:

Dwele-- Without You
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
(that's our very first song)
MeShell N'D-- Love Song #2 (Everyone needs to hear this song!) & Trust (or is that Priorities 1-6?
scratchchin.gif
)
Kindred-- Stars & If I
Amel L-- For Real
Faith-- Reasons (that's the ish) & Never Gonna Let You Go (this song makes me cry)
Musiq-- Her & that other song, If you want her in your life you have to be willing to trust... can't recall the title, but that one
smile.gif
My best friend had a string quartet and she walked down the aisle to "Ave Maria" sung by a wonderful soprano vocalist. It was so beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes right now thinking about it. I think I'm going to copy *sniff*

I hope you ladies don't mind if I pick and choose some of the songs you've posted. My SO and I have split up wedding responsibilities so we can get things done quicker and my job is to pick the music!

Now, I mostly listen to techno so I was sitting there thinking "Oh, crap!"

TIA!

Wedding March- The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba- George F. Handel (or the theme from Hellraiser, which has a perfect walking down the aisle part in it.)

Other songs:

Kimi no Tameni Dekiru Koto- Camui Gackt
True Blue- Luna Sea
Beautiful Alone- Weiss Kreuz
Remember- BT
Can't Stop- Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Considering I want to have a beach wedding where right after the ceremony we can all enjoy a big seafood boil, bonfire, and seaside play, I think these would be perfect. *dreamy*

I'm nowhere in the realm of relationship/marriage but I love:

Unbelievable by Craig David
Helium by Sia

I think my playlist would be a mix of new and old.

Back