Your Wedding Song

Our wedding party walked down to "Ribbon in the Sky" by Stevie Wonder and I walked down to a song that my husband wrote for me. He is a songwriter.

Sweetest Love by Robin Thicke gets honorable mention! We used it on our wedding DVD.

Ribbon In The Sky was our wedding song. We still slow dance to it all the time.

Father/Daughter dance will be Chrisette Michele- Your Joy...

Somewhere will be:
[B]The One He Kept For Me- Maurette Brown Clark[/B]
Finally I- Daryl Coley
Order My Steps (I think I want to walk down to this, but my mom is dead set on the traditional bridal march)...

I am a classically trained violist...so, there will be a string quartet.

I love The One He Kept For Me. Such a beautiful song.

Seasons by Donald Lawrence is what I walked down the aisle to. When he says "it's your time the wait is over, walk into your season" the doors of the church opened and I walked in with my daddy.

As for our first dance, I can't EVEN recall. So sad lol but I heard nothing but my DH's voice. I will have to post the pic from our first dance so you can see what I mean. Lol

That sounds so beautiful.

The night my husband proposed to me Seasons came on the radio and I couldn't stop crying. I had listened to that song hundreds of times and never shed a tear. This was 5 hours before our date. I had no clue he was going to propose.

I'm loving these songs. I'm not married yet but by God's grace I'm walking to Maurette Brown-Clark's 'The One He Kept for Me.'

I love this song and also plan to walk down the aisle to it when my time comes.

For the recessional I like "The Best is Yet to Come" by Donald Lawrence &The Tri-City singers.

I'm not even close to getting married but I want my wedding processional to be "Whenever You Call" by Brian McKnight and Mariah Carey and to have my first dance to "I Could Fall In Love" by Selena. Of course this is all subject to change.

Last edited:
I want our first dance to be to 'At Last'- Etta James

As someone else already mentioned 'You'- Jesse Powell will be played somewhere in there as well.

The wedding party will walk in to "marry me" by train
Our first dance will be Eric Benet and Tamia Spend my life with you. I was like14 when I first heard that song, and knew then and there it would be my wedding song, and 13 years later I still haven't changed my mind.

Our wedding party walked down to "So High". I think it is such a beautiful song. Our first dance was to "Kiss of Life" by Sade.

I thought about this one. I settled on Musiq - So Beautiful. But I'm thinking about Kem - Share My Life now. Maybe I'll come down the aisle to that one.

Musiq - So Beautiful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcCD_Nqozus

Kem - Share My Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omqtsQJeyPE

SO wanted I Choose You by Ryan Leslie. I'm gonna have to incorporate it in there somewhere. I think it's too slow for the first dance though.

Ryan Leslie - I Choose You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiEfBcxJdI

Last edited:
I hope that I can still walk in to music in Jamaica...LOL

The song I have chosen is Make Me Whole by Amel...:-)

First dance either Tamia "You Put a Move on my Heart" or LTD " Love Ballad"

I am SO excited. I listen to all three repeatedly these days.

If I HAD a bridal party....they would have walked in to a sax playing Luther's Amazing Love.

A few years ago I said this was going to be our song but I don't like it as much now. :ohwell: It was going to be Love Ballad or Always and Forever.

Last edited:
Lots of good ideas!!!
Not sure of the order but I've always liked "Last First Kiss" by Tamia, "Believe" by Brian Courtney Wilson, "Sent me an Angel" by John Stoddard, and "Make Me Whole" by Amel Larriuex (sp).

When I get married I am pretty sure I will play "After All Is Said and Done" Beyonce and Marc Anthony... yes the song from Best Man... I have been picturing myself getting dressed and looking in the mirror to this song before I walk down the aisle.
Golden of course when I walk down... not sure what I will do for the first dance song.

That sounds so beautiful.

The night my husband proposed to me Seasons came on the radio and I couldn't stop crying. I had listened to that song hundreds of times and never shed a tear. This was 5 hours before our date. I had no clue he was going to propose.

Mrs. N Lugo It was very special and I can't listen to the song now without crying.

I love that Season's came on before your date. Honey, God was preparing you for that proposal. That's so sweet.

I Adore You by Darlene McCoy or The Last Song by Euge Groove or If It Wasn't For Your Love by Heather Headley

I'm not married yet, but these are my songs!

Fortunate, Maxwell
This Womans Work, Maxwell
Killing Me Softly, Luther Vandross
Whatever Whenever Whatever, Maxwell

Love by Musiq Soulchild OR

So beautiful by Musiq Soulchild OR

I Found My Everything by Mary J Blige

India Arie ready to love is currently a frontrunner, I love that its so raw and the music is low and peaceful.

Bridal Party walked in to "Whenever Wherever Whatever" by Maxwell. I came down to 3 times a lady, which sounds cheesy, but turned out very pretty/classy. Our first dance (because we are a little off the wall) was "First Time on a Ferris Wheel" by Smokey Robinson and Syreeta Wright. Beautiful Song from a quirky movie!

Back