What Are Your Wedding Songs Going To Be?

I will walk down the aisle to the traditional wedding march but for our first dance as husband and wife, it will be "At Last" by Etta James.

My wedding songs were:

Ribbon in the Sky (when the wedding party walked down the aisle)

For You I Will by Monica (when I came down the aisle)

The Prayer by Donnie McClurkin and Yolanda Adams

Oh Happy Day by BeBe and CeCe Winans (for when the wedding party left)

The first two songs were sung by professional singers.

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:

The Prayer by Donnie McClurkin and Yolanda Adams

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that song. I'm adding it to my list...
smile.gif

My So and I are thinking of making a custom CD with our favorite songs for the special day.

Bumping for me! I'm compiling my list for the DJ, so if anyone has other suggestions for slow and/or dinner songs please let me know!

Im going to keep the song that I walk down the aisle to meet my honey to a secret from everyone. Its a song that my mom dedicated to me as "Chaya's Song" ever since I was a little girl. Every time I hear it my eyes well up. It is a song that most people have never heard but when you hear it for some reason it stikes a very emotional chord.

Either way one song that will have to be played during the reception will be " You are my Starship" That is my JAMM Y'all. Oldie but Goodie!

Do anyone remeber on the Cosby Show when Clair's father sang the song he sang at Cliff and Clair's wedding. It went something like "we belong toeghter, we belong toeghter, just you and me, the world to see, that we belong toeghter" I think that song is beautiful. Does anyone know who made that song?

This might be a little questionable, But i would wanna play Happily Ever After By Case. I think its a really pretty song.

anyone know the name of this song that goes something like, from now on I pledge my life or love to you. It's a guy and girl, not peaches and herb i dont think. it's really pretty.

"If It Wasn't For Your Love" by Heather Hedley. It's beautiful and it will have the Groom in tears. It's perfect to walk down on.

[ QUOTE ]
honeycomb719 said:
The one song I would want to have my first dance off of is: "If This World Was Mine" by Luther Vandross

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE that song! Just thinking about that song gives me chills!

[ QUOTE ]
KeraQueen said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I plan to sing Dangerously in Love at my wedding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, you and I have EXACTLY the same ideas!!!!
smile.gif
This is what I plan to do..... and also the litlle Mo song will be one of our first dances together!!! - not that we've planned to marry YET!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You two are not the only ones. I plan to start taking voice lessons once I find a man.

We Must Be in Love- I can't remember who sang it though. It was a girl group who came out around 1995.
At Last- Etta James
Ribbon in the Sky- Stevie Wonder
You Are So Beautiful- Joe Cocker (Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted someone to sing that to me).

[ QUOTE ]
honeycomb719 said:
The one song I would want to have my first dance off of is: "If This World Was Mine" by Luther Vandross

[/ QUOTE ]

Girrrrrl, How could I forget that song...oh, I wish I had a man
smirk.gif

"Color My World" by Chicago, for dancing with the bridegroom
"Thank Heaven for Little Girls", for dancing with my father
Traditional Wedding March - what else?

northernbelle

Well, i just got married this past saturday on May 15th. I came down the aisle to All I Do by Troop. Our first dance was to Alicia Keys "If I Don't Have YOu".

Devonte's mommy

[ QUOTE ]
Devonte's mommy said:
Well, i just got married this past saturday on May 15th. I came down the aisle to All I Do by Troop. Our first dance was to Alicia Keys "If I Don't Have YOu".

Devonte's mommy

[/ QUOTE ]

NO YOU DIDN'T bring back TROOP - OH WOW That was MY SONG!!!!!!!!!

"All I do is think of you - day and nite that's all I do - ohhhhh - I can't get you off my mind - YEAHHHHHH!!!!

wooooooweeeeee memories - you GO Girl!!!!

Edited to add that these are just some of my favorites:

Love by Musiq
Perfect Combination by Stacy Lattisaw & Johnny Gill
All this Love and Time Will Reveal by DeBarge
Mama by Boyz II Men (For my grandmother who passed July 4, 2003. Her children and I all called her Mama)
La La Means I Love by The Delfonics
Differences by Ginuwine
Just the Way You Are and She’s Got a Way by Billy Joel

If I were to marry by current boyfriend I doubt he'd want to heart Billy Joel at his wedding unless he could find a way for it to sound like R&B music. He has strong ideas about what he wants his wedding to be like too.

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Who sings this? I'm still looking for a father-daughter dance song.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
L.Mo. said:
[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The “original” version is from an old (50’s or so) movie called “Gigi”. Its sung by Maurice Chevalier.

Here’s a link to the soundtrack on Amazon:
Gigi: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

And here's a site with a list of some songs for the Father-Daughter dance:

Reception: Father - Daughter Dance

If you Google "Father Daughter Dance Songs" you'll get more sites that have similar lists.

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
[ QUOTE ]
L.Mo. said:
[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The “original” version is from an old (50’s or so) movie called “Gigi”. Its sung by Maurice Chevalier.

Here’s a link to the soundtrack on Amazon:
Gigi: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

And here's a site with a list of some songs for the Father-Daughter dance:

Reception: Father - Daughter Dance

If you Google "Father Daughter Dance Songs" you'll get more sites that have similar lists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laginappe! Laginappe! I love you! Thanks!
kiss.gif

Re:

I think I'm going to go traditional. I'm having a harpist, so she'll do the wedding march. Our wedding party consists of a best man and maid of honor, so the maid's song will be a short diddy, an interlude. Then we'll probably pic one of those great Stevie love songs and a religious song during the ceremony. For the reception/party we're certainly playing the following:

Dwele-- Without You
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
(that's our very first song)
MeShell N'D-- Love Song #2 (Everyone needs to hear this song!) & Trust (or is that Priorities 1-6?
scratchchin.gif
)
Kindred-- Stars & If I
Amel L-- For Real
Faith-- Reasons (that's the ish) & Never Gonna Let You Go (this song makes me cry)
Musiq-- Her & that other song, If you want her in your life you have to be willing to trust... can't recall the title, but that one
smile.gif

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
I think I'm going to go traditional. I'm having a harpist, so she'll do the wedding march. Our wedding party consists of a best man and maid of honor, so the maid's song will be a short diddy, an interlude. Then we'll probably pic one of those great Stevie love songs and a religious song during the ceremony. For the reception/party we're certainly playing the following:

Dwele-- Without You
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
(that's our very first song)
MeShell N'D-- Love Song #2 (Everyone needs to hear this song!) & Trust (or is that Priorities 1-6?
scratchchin.gif
)
Kindred-- Stars & If I
Amel L-- For Real
Faith-- Reasons (that's the ish) & Never Gonna Let You Go (this song makes me cry)
Musiq-- Her & that other song, If you want her in your life you have to be willing to trust... can't recall the title, but that one
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love harpists for weddings! Very pretty!
smile.gif

Re:

Thanks Lag! She'll play for about 30 mins before the ceremony
smile.gif
and then do the ressional. I think they add a wonderful touch. Organs always feel like funeral music to me
nono.gif

Re:

I looooove "At Last". They play it in movies a lot. I like Jamiroquai's Spend a Lifetime as well
smile.gif
My favorite love song right now is definitely "More Than Anyone" by Gavin Degraw. I'm in love with that song. It's not an old, well-known song or anything, but I love it. And it's rare that I'm super in-love with a love song (except for "At Last"). Here's the chorus(but you really need to hear the music to understand why it's so good. It's a good "first dance" song
smile.gif
)

I'm going to love you more than anyone
I'm going to hold you closer than before
And when I kiss your soul, your body'll be free
I'll be free for you anytime
I'm going to love you more than anyone

*sigh*
laugh.gif

Back