Your Wedding Song

The wedding party walked down to Golden by Chrisette Michelle, I walked down to When I First Saw You by Jamie Foxx, and the first dance was to Love Of My Life by Brian McKnight. I smile when I hear all if those songs.
Beeeautiful. Came out right after I got married! Bestie came down the aisle to it. Sooo romantic and soulful!

I'll be walking down to "After Tonight" by Justin Nozuka and our first dance is "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. We aren't a traditional slow song kind of couple so what better way to start off the rest of our lives than with a fun song?lol

Now I still need to figure out something for the bridal party to walk down to. Hmm...so many options in here!

I walked down the aisle to "The One He Kept for Me" by Maurette Brown Clark. DH's cousin sang and another cousin played the saxaphone. We danced to "It's Your Love" by Ruben Studdard.

My wedding party and I walked down the aisle to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by Grover Washington, Jr. it was the perfect blend of classical and jazz. Makes me want to listen to it right now.

Our first dance was "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers, simply because of the lyrics..."then I look at you, and the world's all right with me..." Also because the song was mid-tempo--I didn't want a slow song.

Ok I posted in this thread already, but I just heard the most beautiful love song. It's called From This Moment On by Faith Hill. That song would have been perfect for my wedding. I love it so much. If I could sing, I would sing it to my husband tonight, lol.

Nowhere near married but I had a cousin who walked down the aisle to Chrisette Michelle's Golden and my aunt & uncle's song was Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder. To this day, if my mom hears that song on the radio, she gets teary-eyed (lol) They've been married for about 15 years.

so far i'm loving Chrisette Michelle's golden for the wedding party...havent decided on what song for the bride to come down too...i'm an ole skool 26yr old lol So might just do the traditional march song We shall see since i'm not even dating right now lol

My husband and I are both in worship/arts ministry so we started the wedding ceremony with a dancer who danced to "Your Love Never Fails" by Jonathan Butler; the flaggers and the wedding party came down to "Procession of the Levites/Anthem of Praise" by Richard Smallwood; and I marched down the aisle to "The One He Kept For Me" by Maurette Brown Clark.
Our first dance was to "Sweet Hour of Prayer" by Jeff Majors. DH picked this because this was playing the first time I invited him for dinner, and he fell in love with it. From that day, he said we would dance to it at our wedding.
We all had a lot of fun that day! :grin:

My wedding song was "I Believe In You and Me" by Whitney Houston (the version that she sang in "The Preacher's Wife.).

Subscribes... As of late I have been into this whole envisioning mode... I hear songs and I add them to my envision wedding playlist... Besides ones listed in this thread,,, I am gonna play... everlasting love...

The walk was together forever by Shai....if you say....that you love me, won't you stay with me for allll time, because your smile.....it is what keeps me go-ing thru all the hard times.....yes they do....and we'll be together forever....ugh I love that song, I get emotional everytime I hear it :)

We danced to Let's Stay together by Al Greene :)

Ok I posted in this thread already, but I just heard the most beautiful love song. It's called From This Moment On by Faith Hill. That song would have been perfect for my wedding. I love it so much. If I could sing, I would sing it to my husband tonight, lol.

Isn't that song by shania twain? :)

I would like to walk down the aisle to You and I by Stevie Wonder, first dance The Point of it All by Anthony Hamilton and I want to dance with my father to Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.

I want my first dance to be a salsa to 'Everything I Can't Have' by Robin Thicke! I see it in my head almost everyday for a few years now, so it must come to fruition someday :)

My sister is singing "By Your Side" by Sade' which is also her name and who she was named after :) This song says EVERYTHING we want to say and there will be an acoustic guitar. Really simple and meaningful!

I am not sure what my bridal party will walk down to yet. I am going to have the traditional bridal chorus to walk down the aisle to and our First dance is "The way I am" by Ingrid Michaelson... It is quirky but it describes us perfectly.

We want our first dance to be to the song "I am for you" by Lisa Tucker It was the song on the wedding episode of The Game.

I don't know what the bridesmaids will walk to as yet.

I want to walk down the aisle to a song I'm writing and recording for SO. (It will be a surprise for him)

Guests will be seated to Jay Ungar's "The Lovers Waltz". Bridesmaids will come in to Pachelbel's "Canon In D". I'm walking down the aisle to Luther Vandross' "Here and Now". I haven't thought of a recessional song yet. We're having a string trio play for the ceremony.

For our first dance FI picked "La Valse d'Amelie" from Amelie. We're going to take dance lessons to choreograph it :)

Last edited:
Back