your ULTIMATE TWIST-OUT (products?*?*?)

I have the ORS Pudding and I agree that it is good however it is a soft hold. (Am I the only one who wishes they make it in a smaller size, smh) Since I have low porosity 4b hair I was looking for a more natural product that offers a decent hold, so that's why I've been exploring other options.
So far I've been eyeing:

As I Am twisting butter
Camille Rose Almond twisting butter
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Miss Jessie's line
Carol's daughter line
Curls line

@sunnydaze I will look into the cream that you suggested and see if they offer a sample size or a small size.
Nourish and Shine has no hold, unless youre twisting on wet hair and leave it. Its a butter blend,

I love Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter. It gives great, long-lasting definition and moisture.
I also really like Taliah Wajjid Curly Curl Cream. I haven't repurchased it yet, but I had bomb definition for 7-8 days and my hair stayed moisturized.
I also like SM CES mixed with their Gel Souffle. The Souffle gives hold and shine and the CES gives tons of moisture. I just don't want to have to buy two products to get that effect.
Also, a good leave-in with old-fashioned, petroleum-based grease. The definition is crazy and the moisture stays sealed in.
I still have a lot of products I have that I need to try because I am a super product junkie and the twist-out is my favorite style.

I love Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter. It gives great, long-lasting definition and moisture.
I also really like Taliah Wajjid Curly Curl Cream. I haven't repurchased it yet, but I had bomb definition for 7-8 days and my hair stayed moisturized.
I also like SM CES mixed with their Gel Souffle. The Souffle gives hold and shine and the CES gives tons of moisture. I just don't want to have to buy two products to get that effect.
Also, a good leave-in with old-fashioned, petroleum-based grease. The definition is crazy and the moisture stays sealed in.
I still have a lot of products I have that I need to try because I am a super product junkie and the twist-out is my favorite style.

I fogot I have always wanted to try the Taliah Wajjid CCC as well. Glad to hear it worked for your hair.

@Smiley79, I really like the CR almond jai twisting butter. But new fave that I love, love is CR Coconut Water Style Setter!!!! It is my boo, BFF and bridge over troubled water! It is thicker and more tacky than the almond jai or Curlaide Moisture butter so you need less.

I only do braid-outs but my routine on dry or 80% dry hair is to section and lightly mist ends and roots. I work the water into my hair and then apply CR moisture milk on length and ends. I apply a small amount of the coconut style setter on ends and roots. I work it into my hair by massaging downward with "praying hands". Next I plait or braid and put a perm rod on the end to curl and further stretch. The next morning I unbraid with grapeseed oil running it down the length of the braid before I start to unravel. This helps reduce frizz a lot. I will post a pic this weekend after wash day and styling.

@Smiley79, I really like the CR almond jai twisting butter. But new fave that I love, love is CR Coconut Water Style Setter!!!! It is my boo, BFF and bridge over troubled water! It is thicker and more tacky than the almond jai or Curlaide Moisture butter so you need less.

I only do braid-outs but my routine on dry or 80% dry hair is to section and lightly mist ends and roots. I work the water into my hair and then apply CR moisture milk on length and ends. I apply a small amount of the coconut style setter on ends and roots. I work it into my hair by massaging downward with "praying hands". Next I plait or braid and put a perm rod on the end to curl and further stretch. The next morning I unbraid with grapeseed oil running it down the length of the braid before I start to unravel. This helps reduce frizz a lot. I will post a pic this weekend after wash day and styling.

Thank you for sharing...you have me excited to try that line. Based on the name Coconut Water, I never would have thought that it was thicker, lol. What texture hair do you have @Daina ? I cant wait to see the pics.

Back