your ULTIMATE TWIST-OUT (products?*?*?)

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

WHICH Products?

Do you rely on for your version of

THE ULTIMATE TWIST-OUT/BRAID-OUT:lick::yep:

(products to twist with & what's applied 1st to naked hair?)

Last edited:
My fav Miss Jessie Curly Meringue!!! I dilute 1 teaspoon with 3 teaspoons of AVG then I add an argan oil serum for extra shine

For a lighter hold I use ORS Lock n twist Gel, and add the argan oil serum

I explain my whole process here...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=502611

I always moisturize, seal and twist or braid my hair up to airdry (or sit under dryer) first, then I take then down add styling product and set for the twist/braid out...Sometimes I cornrow or flat twist, sometimes I dont, it all depnds on how im feeling...If you have shorter hair, more thickness than length I suggest cornrowing and flat twisting...

i only do twistouts on wash n go's that are atleast 2 days old (and usually its semi stretched from a pony tail)...i just spritz each section im about to twist with aloe vera juice/water/rosewater or maybe shea moisture shine/hold mist and then finger detangle and smooth with shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie or the deep treatment mask and twist each section...i usually have 20-25 twists...in the morning when i take down the twists my hair looks like what most people consider an awesome twist out, but i dont like the pattern of twistouts because they always look too twist-outy and fake/manufactured. i run my fingers through my hair to seperate and then spritz it again or apply a wet product like a gel to remove the twistout pattern and reactivate my natural curl pattern, while still keeping my hair stretched from the twists.

For me the key is to do small to medium sized twist or braids to get ultimate definition and I either use a combination of Curl Junkie smoothing lotion and curls in a bottle (I have a picture of this combo I will post later tonight when I get off of work)or a combination of Shea moisture restorative conditioner and seal with a butter.

For me, HANDS DOWN, is this product!!

It is the first product I have used that gives me soft, defined, fluffy twist outs.

image.php

I'll either use this
image.php
this
texasbeautysupplycom_2155_51286691
or this
image.php
as a leave in, then apply the Twist Out Creme.

I've found that it works the best with the Taliah Waajid though, and I only use a little of each product. My hair doesn't get greasy at all :yep:

I'll do anywhere from between 16-24 twists. I used to do them really small, but the end result left me feeling like I was trying too hard

For me, HANDS DOWN, is this product!!

It is the first product I have used that gives me soft, defined, fluffy twist outs.

image.php

I'll do anywhere from between 16-24 twists. I used to do them really small, but the end result left me feeling like I was trying too hard

I've never seen that Twist Out product before. Where did you get it?

I usually do around 20 twists/braids and I use either shea butter or some other leave in. (knot today has been working really well lately)
696732.jpg

Then I put LA Looks Sport Gel on top of the leave in or shea butter. My hair has amazing hold that helps my twistout last for at least a week when using this product. It doesn't dry crunchy for me either, if there is a crunchy spot you just scrunch it out and it feels soft yet defined. I've been using it for about a year and I love it. Not to mention the product lasts for a LONG time. I'm barely through my second bottle and I use this gel almost every week. It's been a staple of mine and I've tried LOTS of gels and holding products, this one is my favorite hands down.

Murrays Loc-Lock Gel hands down. Beats everything i every tried in my little itty bitty year and 6 monthsof being natural. Great hold, but not too hard. Nice definition and great shine. All the while smelling like a tropical breeze and it costs 3 bucks. I literally have 5 jars and I'm about to get more.
MurraysLocLock-vi.jpg

Murrays Loc-Lock Gel hands down. Beats everything i every tried in my little itty bitty year and 6 monthsof being natural. Great hold, but not too hard. Nice definition and great shine. All the while smelling like a tropical breeze and it costs 3 bucks. I literally have 5 jars and I'm about to get more.

Thanks - I've been looking at this and thinking about trying it.

Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In and some pure shea butter for the ends at the crown and along the hairline. That's it!

I've never seen that Twist Out product before. Where did you get it?

faithVA

It's from myhoneychild. You can get it from curlmart.com or myhoneychild.com

I've used other products from her line that didn't work for me, so I was really skeptical about this one - but I am so glad I gave it a shot.

This is coming from someone who has tried almost every creme, lotion, and butter for 3 years with no success.

@faithVA

It's from myhoneychild. You can get it from curlmart.com or myhoneychild.com

I've used other products from her line that didn't work for me, so I was really skeptical about this one - but I am so glad I gave it a shot.

This is coming from someone who has tried almost every creme, lotion, and butter for 3 years with no success.

Thanks - I will check out curlmart.

I use the same hair product for all my styles:

Curl activator gel+aloe gel. I just apply it to wet hair.

A few times (like 2 or something) I have added some Kinky Curly CC to the mix for extra hold. It worked pretty good.

I think technique is more important than product though...

My best twist out ever came from using Kinky Curly Knot Today and my Tangle Teezer on wet hair. I've got a pic and a video of me playin in the results. It got a little frizzy because I was messin with it so much but I was still loving it! :lick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhKuw_tNlm4&feature=related

twistoutpoppin.jpg

Just to explain what I did - I co-washed with Giovanni SAS. Nothing special, rinsed it all out. Then when I got ready to detangle, I used the KCKT on each section and detangled with my TT. When I finished a section, I twisted it up. I had 9 twists total. I tied it up, went to bed and then wore the twists under a hat for the duration of the day also and by that evening, that is what I had. I think making sure it was completely dry helped. But my hair usually dries over night anyway.

Last edited:
My best and most defined twist out came from using Shea Moisture Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque as a styler. I was not expecting much from it because it sucks as a deep conditioner, but as a styler . . . WOW! The most defined and soft twist out I had ever gotten. I was getting compliments for days.

for me, it's not about the product but the method. one of the best twist outs i remember was with Curls products.

I do my twists out on dry streched hair, then I damp slightly with my leave in conditioner mix (EVOO, distilled water and VO5 conditioner) then I use ORS Lock n Twist Gel and a little Carol's Daughter's Hair Butter then when I take them out I use a little oil for shine and softness.

I just use Qhemets AOHC but I think I may start using ecostyler just a bit for hold. Also, I've been doing my twists a little smaller than normal. Makes a difference on how long the twists last.

for me, it's not about the product but the method. one of the best twist outs i remember was with Curls products.

I agree. I twist with pomades (Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade and Opal Hue Honey Love Pomade) and moisturizers (JC Hair Nourishing Cream and Ori Organics Moisture Balancing Buttercream and Curl Prep's Sweet Buttah), and my twist outs are always defined because I keep my twists in for at least five days.

Nothing. I ended up liking my twist outs with nothing. But my hair is the type that once you roll it or set it, it will stay that way.

But out of the ones I used in the past, my favorite was actually L'Oreal Out of Bed texturizer.

Back