Yesterday I Broke Up With My Boyfriend

This is just awful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am glad that his family members are going with you. You should not have to identify the body alone.

I think the suicide rate is on the rise partly due to the unemployment rate. Men are to be the providers and when they cannot provide, they do fall into a state of depression.

This was not your fault.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry lalla. I can only imagine the pain.
Please make sure you have a string support system around you at all times.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I wish I could give you a real hug right now. Please ask one of his family members to identify the body if you could. Start a thread, shoot someone you are comfy with on here a pm, talk to a friend or family member or something when you start feeling like you can't cope.

I am still under shock. But I need to see him to start healing I think.
Yes my brother killed himself two years ago.

I do not want to commit suicide. I need to find a job, apply for positions in consulting firms, finish writing some short stories.
I do not want to die at all.
I will go to counseling, even though I don't feel much right now. I need to talk.

Is there any way his family could go identify him without you? You sound like you're reeling from shock right now, and this would be the second time you're doing this in as many years - did I read that right? :nono:

As heartbroken as I am for his family, I am terrified for YOU right now. The chances of suicide are highest for people that have just lost a loved one through suicide, and if you've lost two people to suicide - well, that just can't be good. :nono:

Can you please, please, PLEASE take the police up on that offer of couseling? Or at least promise us that you'll jump on here and start typing like you just did if you start feeling some type of way?

My heart is just aching for yall right now. :bighug:

Omg I am so so sorry. I know nothing i can say here will make it better but i hope you are getting the support you need. Feel free to reach out. :bighug:

Sent from my iPhone

My heart hurts for you lalla. What a blow, but you already sound like you have a strong spirit. I hope that during this time you can be comforted and taken care of and that God gives you peace in knowing that yes, you made a decision that was right, but someone else took the wrong action. I'm so sorry to hear that this is not your first time going through this. Stay strong and encouraged. You will get through this.

I think as a man, you can't baby him. In all honesty he needed to be pushed. Not saying its your fault, but the worst thing that can be taken from a man is his pride. You should have faulted. Anyway I'm sorry to hear this

:huh: :spinning: :nono:

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear this! My ex used to threaten to do this when I started the long break up process with him. :nono: It seems like you understand that this wasn't your fault AT ALL. There was nothing you could have done to prevent this. Times are really hard nowadays. I hate that there are people walking around who feel like suicide is the answer. :sad: Take your time to grieve and please get counseling, even if it's only short term.

This is all so sad to read. I'm sorry for this disappointment and pain you are going through. I will include you in my prayers.

Lalla, I am so sorry. Please know that you did NOT do anything wrong. I will be praying for you.

very very sorry to hear about your loss. this must be so heartbreaking. please seek counseling and find someone to talk about what you're feeling. you'll be in my prayers.

Sorry for your loss and sending you my prayers.

It seems like you have a great support system and are very determined to cope with this in a healthy way. I'm happy to know that you don't have to go through this alone.

I am still under shock. But I need to see him to start healing I think.
Yes my brother killed himself two years ago.

I do not want to commit suicide. I need to find a job, apply for positions in consulting firms, finish writing some short stories.
I do not want to die at all.
I will go to counseling, even though I don't feel much right now. I need to talk.

IM SO GLAD TO HEAR THIS. So sorry for your loss and feel free to PM any of us we're here for you.

lalla said:
We had been together for several years. He had never had a job. I didn't resent him for that but I could not take it any longer.
So he left yesterday without taking any of his stuff. I spent the night calling him and messaging him to no avail.
This morning, I found in my mailbox his cellphone, his insurance card and a letter telling me: I am killing myself. Thank you for everything. I love you.

I ran to the police station. Several hours after, I know he is dead. I will go identify the body tomorrow.

I don't even know why I'm writing this. It's distracting me from the reality I guess. I hurt so much I don't feel anything.

So sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine :-/. My prayers go out to you, his family and friends.

Back