Year end / 5 month Progress Pics!!

cutiepiebabygirl

Hey Everybody!!:yep::yep:

I figured I go ahead and show off my progress! I am pleased with the health of my hair! I've been on this journey 5 months now! I've found a few staples..and pretty much have my regimen together. I would like to give Sandy Rabbit a big THANK YOU!! :grin::grin: She helped me figure out the reason why my hair was so dry ( my hair hates cones) and told me about Aubrey Organics ( which I love!!)

This is my starting point August 01, 2008..I made the decision to take care of my hair!

08010801-vi.jpg

Picture112-vi.jpg

Okay this is after 3 months of taking care of my hair!! This was 11/12/2008. Excuse my dates...my camera was doing it's own thing! I didn't bother to change it!
Picture125-vi.jpg

This is my final progress pic of the 12/29/2008! I relaxed and trimmed about 1/4 in all over. I'm hoping to be BSL this time next year!!!

Yes that is a candy bra, I edited my pic..because I took the picture au naturale!!

show off! lol! joking,

nice progress, I really like nl, sl and apl length hair for some reason, your hair looks really nice and is growing in very healthy. congrats!

Tell me why Im the only one commenting about the bra..(says to self) "That's real cute, I wonder if I can do that?":lick:

Great progress! Your hair is quite thick!

Do you use only "organic" products?

Thanks PecanCandy! I mainly use organic products...but not all.

I use only organic shampoos and condishes, but I moisturize with Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 and seal with any random oil I having lying around or qhemet hydrating balm.

Last edited:
great progress! i like your ends. do you trim often?

Thanks LovinLea! I don't trim that often..I've only trimmed twice in the 5 months. I started with a fresh cut, no dead ends...and I trimmed on my last pic. I plan on trimming 2-3 times..max next year. I only trim 1/4 inch..at the most 1/2 inch, if I need it.

Great Progress. Now that you mention about cones and your hair being dry, I am wondering the samething.

It may be the culprit..I have fine hair strands...and they break easily...and I could not stay moisturized at all! When I used condishes with cones...my hair would feel so good under the water..but as soon as I stepped out of the shower, my hair would be as dry as the Sahara!

So I clarified and used AO HSR..I have not had a moisture problem, since!:grin::grin::grin:

I might have to give this stuff a try. I also have fine strands.
It may be the culprit..I have fine hair strands...and they break easily...and I could not stay moisturized at all! When I used condishes with cones...my hair would feel so good under the water..but as soon as I stepped out of the shower, my hair would be as dry as the Sahara!

So I clarified and used AO HSR..I have not had a moisture problem, since!:grin::grin::grin:

Your hair is so thick. I can see great things for you in the new year. I would like one of them bras :)

Back