tkj25 year-end progress pics 2010!

tkj25

here are some of my progress pics for the end of 2010. i started from a shaved head in 2006. i gave myself a cut to even up my ends this time last year, but now i don't plan on doing any major cuts until i reach my waist length goal. i'll continue to do s&d/dusts to maintain the health of my strands/ends -- but that's it, lol. i'm really happy with my progress & looking forward to making it to full wl in the next 2-3 yrs.

pic 1 is the resulting braidout from taking out my yarn braids
pic 2 is the huge afro created from detangling/removing 2 months worth of shed hair
pic 3 is the finished maxiglided hair
pic 4 is a comparison of my front growth. it rests at about apl, pulled taut it reaches npl
pic 5 is a back comparison. the bottom-most layer is now a little below bsb

i also have more pics in my fotki: 2010-12-25 album | tkj25 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

that's it for now. on to 2011:):):) waist length here i come! hhg

Attachments

• braidout1.jpg
    braidout1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 331
  • frontstraight1.jpg
    frontstraight1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 312
  • frontcut-compares.jpg
    frontcut-compares.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 375
  • backcut-compares.jpg
    backcut-compares.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 458
  • waviesside1.jpg
    waviesside1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OMG great progress! Have you noticed a thickening stage?......I feel like my hair grows long for a few months then wide for a few months hmm maybe I'm nuts..... Anyway your hair is beautiful!!

I swear you get the best definition with your braidouts!!! I asked you a million questions when I saw your last update about your braidout process,and I never get similar results,not ever! Color me jealous as of right now! Lol. Great progress and gorgeous hair!

Awesome!!! Your hair is thick and healthy:)...how did you get the braid out from your yarn braid removal....was there a technique used in taking down your braids?

I like how you got progressively happier in your first comparison pic as your hair got longer. :lol: KUTGW!

i can't wait to see your hair in 2011. I think I read on fotki you are trying to stay away from the scissors and I think it's a brilliant idea. Your progress is fantastic!

Keep on growin, love.

Awesome progress Tkj25!

Stop, think about it. NPL is probably Nipple length. the equivalent of Bra strap length but he doesn't wear a bra.

I don't blame blaqphoenix for not knowing. Tkj25, why you adding the P? :lachen: NL would be more in line with all the other abbreviations: one letter for each word. :p

ETA: But I guess that might be mistaken for neck length. Maybe we should call it N/AL :lol: nipple/areola length.

Last edited:
Beautiful, shiny, healthy, gorgeous! Thanks for updating here because I don't go
to fotki anymore. I've been waiting for this and I'll be rooting for you all the way
to your WL goal!

GoTkj!!

Back