Ya'll gonna think I'm crazy but....

Leshia

Ya\'ll gonna think I\'m crazy but....

since I got these braids in, I MISS my conditioning washes! Now, don't even tell me to take these things out as my husband would have me shot down by a fighter plane because of the cash I spent to order this hair online. /images/graemlins/swearing.gif But does anyone think I'm looney? I miss pampering my hair! I've officially lost it now ladies. I'm addicted to slathering products in my hair. Is there no way to pamper while in braids without looking like I've gone off the deep end? Can you imagine my husband walking into the bathroom only to see me with a big ole mound of ORS Mayo slapped on top of my head? /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

Re: Ya\'ll gonna think I\'m crazy but....

Leshia, I know exactly what you mean! I love washing my hair, styling and grooming it. A lot of times I could make my twists easily last for three weeks but because I'm so used to doing my conditioner "washes" every day when I wear a wash 'n go I'll take them down in about seven days to "wash" and twist again.

That's one of the reasons that I don't wear extensions any more (don't read me wrong, there's NOTHING wrong with extensions). I just love playing in my own hair too much now! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

i remember the first time that i got braids. i thought i would die because i couldn't play in my hair. my best friend said "just leave them in for a week. if you still feel the same way after that, take them out." it was kewl after that first week.

frankly, i don't see why you can't do conditioner washes now with diluted conditioner. your hair will probably really like it.

adrienne

I don't think you are looney at all. When I had braids I felt like that too because being able to feel and pamper my hair is like going to a spa! /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's a personal treat and it makes me feel good, beautiful and I enjoy the process of doing it and watching it grow. When I had braids it was like I missed the every day things I used to do to it and with the braids I could see my process until after those two months so I definately understand how you feel. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, I don't think you're crazy. I really enjoy shampooing, conditioning, styling and grooming my hair. So, I can imagine if I had braids, I would definitely miss the pampering too. BTW, how long do you plan on leaving your braids in? What type of braids did you get? What is the length of your braids? Sorry about all of the questions.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:

frankly, i don't see why you can't do conditioner washes now with diluted conditioner. your hair will probably really like it.

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just imagine it now. Not walking but full-up STRUTTIN' down the street and a Korean person tapping me on my shoulder and extending to me one of my beloved braids... /images/graemlins/blush.gif I wonder if there's a way to condition without giving the braids too much slip?

Allandra said:
No, I don't think you're crazy. I really enjoy shampooing, conditioning, styling and grooming my hair. So, I can imagine if I had braids, I would definitely miss the pampering too. BTW, how long do you plan on leaving your braids in? What type of braids did you get? What is the length of your braids? Sorry about all of the questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you dare apologize for the questions! This IS a discussion board! *smiles*

I have them about mid back length and I plan on trying to leave them in until the end of March (redoing a braid or two here and there). I used the human hair (deep wave) and just wear it very wavy and curly. I like it but I miss my conditioning washes. I really enjoy pampering.

LOL, No I don't think your crazy... /images/graemlins/look.gif

The lady at JCP tried to set me up with a follow shampoo/cond and I said no. Since I'ave been doing it myself, I LIKE IT...

For years I went to the salon and dreaded washing my own hair, I love pampering me now.

PS, Please do not slap ORS on top of your braids... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Leshia,

Girl, those braids sound pretty darn cute to me. Sport them, and sport them well. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mindymouse said:
PS, Please do not slap ORS on top of your braids... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't blame a gal for going into withdrawl can ya?? *smirking*

Allandra said:
Leshia,

Girl, those braids sound pretty darn cute to me. Sport them, and sport them well. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girrlllll, you KNOW I "be" STRUTTIN', right? *humming the John Travolta "Stayin' Alive" Song...**

..person tapping me on my shoulder and extending to me one of my beloved braids... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, Leshia, this actually happened to me before, so I feel ya there!
/images/graemlins/whyme.gif

JenJen2721 said:

..person tapping me on my shoulder and extending to me one of my beloved braids... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, Leshia, this actually happened to me before, so I feel ya there!
/images/graemlins/whyme.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*LAUGHING* Girl, you just killed my John Travolta music with that one. My strut has also turned into a clumsy, shuffle....I can't even imagine. *runs to check braids in the mirror**

Girl, Be thankful I am not in your circle /images/graemlins/laugh.gif b/c i would be the first to say...Take them out! See, i sat in a chair for over 13 hours to get my hair braided and missed playing in my hair so I...took them out in 10 days /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Now you would think that I would ahve learned from this right???...So I tried the braids again and ended up taking them out in less than two weeks again! /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

Lots of time and money wasted! But I did learn one thing...LONG TERM STYLES ARE NOT FOR ME!!! /images/graemlins/nono.gif

Girl, you have got a lot of patience to take them things out after all that hard work...

Goodness!!

leejure said:
Girl, Be thankful I am not in your circle /images/graemlins/laugh.gif b/c i would be the first to say...Take them out! See, i sat in a chair for over 13 hours to get my hair braided and missed playing in my hair so I...took them out in 10 days /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Now you would think that I would ahve learned from this right???...So I tried the braids again and ended up taking them out in less than two weeks again! /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

Lots of time and money wasted! But I did learn one thing...LONG TERM STYLES ARE NOT FOR ME!!! /images/graemlins/nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ] *laughing* Did you also learn how to do them yourself so you aren't sitting in a chair for 10+ hours?! I couldn't do that! I braid my own, and if I did sit in a chair for that long, girrrllll those things would be in four SIX months!! *laughing* Heyyyyy, you're not helping the cause here.. /images/graemlins/orders.gif

Back