XTREME BC !!!!! Warning- Not for the faint at heart! Lol

GrowinLonger

XTREME BC !!!!! Warning- Not for the faint of heart! Lol

OK- So since my little bundle of joy arrived a year ago, my hair has taken on a monstrous life of it's own! Chronic shedding, flaky scalp (you can see how white my scalp is- yuk), breakage, you name it. Sooo, I got tired of it and started thinking about how strange it is that I have no idea what my natural hair pattern looks like coming out of my scalp anymore (been relaxed since childhood) and have been playing with the idea of going natural for a while now... Well, today was the day to find out! :grin: I just clippered ALL my doggone hair off! Can you say BALD?!? I must be mad! :lachen: Good thing I bought a cute wig yesterday!! I feel soo free! :drunk:

Bye-bye Affirm and Mizani :wave:

Since many of you are asking about the wig, I looked it up: It's by Anytime wigs, style is Adena.

Attachments

• bald 7-13.jpg
    bald 7-13.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 763
  • bald 7-13 (2).jpg
    bald 7-13 (2).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 495
  • bald 7-13 (3).jpg
    bald 7-13 (3).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 343
  • wig-vi.jpg
    wig-vi.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Girl, go on wit cho bad self!!!!! Not everyone can rock it, but you do a good job. I can't wait to see your 3 month progress, let alone a full year!! Just be sure to keep the scalp protected from the sun.

wow. GOOD luck on the natural journey! Could you be allergic to something or could you have a derm condition causing your scalp problems? That can occur durring/after being prego. But overall if you like it I love it. Keep lots of pics so you can show everyone progress?

Congrats On your Big Move in the last pic is that your Wig if so its fits you and its cute.

Oh wow...I thought it was going to be a low cut... you went straight GI Jane on us! lol

Congrats your hair will grow back nice and full and healthy! I hope your scalp balances out and stop giving your problems. Do you think it has anything to do with going through pregnancy and hormones and stuff?

Thanks Ladies. yeah, my wig is the last pic. I won't be going outside with the bald head scaring my neighbors:lachen:

I'm so looking forward to growing my natural hair though.

Any suggestions for this crazy flaky scalp??? I'm about to do shikakai and see if that helps.

LOL yeah, I couldn't take it anymore! :lachen:

Oh wow...I thought it was going to be a low cut... you went straight GI Jane on us! lol

Congrats your hair will grow back nice and full and healthy! I hope your scalp balances out and stop giving your problems. Do you think it has anything to do with going through pregnancy and hormones and stuff?

I'm still trying to find out what's causing it. I didn't have this prob before I was prego though or even during. I think it might be caused by me switching relaxers or hormones.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i have to say you are the truth honey i could never pull that off with my big head so congratulations to you baby girl it looks good on you

You are so right - this is not for the faint of heart - ***runs out of thread***... :)

Seriously - the wig is flattering on you!!! Down here (Houston) when people shave their hair bald they call it "aggravated" so I am diggin' that "aggravated" look on you... Do ya thing and keep up posted - I can't wait to see you rockin' the afro puff!!

:congrats: Congratulations on your BC. That really takes courage! You look beautiful, I can't wait to see your growth updates. Have you considered trying an MN mix for your scalp?

Thanks, Platinum- No, do tell. What besides MN is in it? Is it supposed to clear this up - (never had a reason to read the MN threads before).

:congrats: Congratulations on your BC. That really takes courage! You look beautiful, I can't wait to see your growth updates. Have you considered trying an MN mix for your scalp?

Guurrrrrrl, please keep a pictorial chronical of your journey because you will truly be a blessing and a testament to many.

Go on wit cho bad self. Live and in color, up close and personal, in yo face RAW!!!!!!!!

Go hard or go home.

Signed,

Cheerleader Mscocoface!!!!!

:lachen:

I'll definitely try to update my fotki from here on out...

Guurrrrrrl, please keep a pictorial chronical of your journey because you will truly be a blessing and a testament to many.

Go on wit cho bad self. Live and in color, up close and personal, in yo face RAW!!!!!!!!

Go hard or go home.

Signed,

Cheerleader Mscocoface!!!!!

wow:notworthy. enough respect for you on that move.you have a nice shape of head and that wig is cute too. i'm sure your hair will grow longer and stronger

Back