Big Chop - No Transition - Not For the Faint of Heart (Pics)

You look beautiful. You have a very pretty face, and the short hair really brings it out. Love the lip color, too.

You look fantastic! I love the cut, its very flattering and im sure it will be ezy peezy. I dont see the weight gain but you look great! I agree with everyone, you favor Solange too :)

Looks like how low I went with my BC. You look great and your husband is very supportive!! Good luck on your journey

So I got to playing in my new growth, yadda yadda, started cutting. (I have random sections throughout my hair where I snip off relaxed ends and examine my new growth, lol). This time I just kept going. Next thing I knew my husband had his clippers out and was helping me. It's really low, but hey it's only hair right?

You can be honest and tell me what you think. I already know that short hair brings out the fact that I've gained, weight, lol. Oh well, at least now I can work out in peace and not worry about the jungly mess fighting with straight ends. Well, I'm heading off to the BSS to see what I can buy for my hair, any suggestions?

Oh, what I think: I like it, it's really thick in the crown area (the source of my frustration with "stretching" relaxers) I like it...I doubt I'll ever go back to being relaxed. I know I'm gonna have a LOT of explaining to friends and family. And my 3 daughters when they come home from school, lol.

It looks good and I think it's great that your husband was supportive enough to help you. We've had quite a few threads lately with husbands being opposed to their wives going natural.

Hey Girl,

You still look cute. I went to the barber shop to get a shape up. I had a press and curl back in Aug and got damaged ends right in the front. I hated how it took away my natural curl. I took those scissors and cut those straight ends. I washed and blow dry my hair, which is when you noticed the uneven shape. Now, I'm all shaped up. What's even better, your man is comfortable with your new look.

India

You look nice! it really suits you. It accentuates your features.When I BC'ed I had about 4 inches all around but I cut it right down like how yours is now. One of the most beautiful things about this length is the simplicity. and that nice "breezy" feeling as air circulates over your scalp much easier LOL.Congrats you look great!

BTW that took balls! :)

Back