XTREME BC !!!!! Warning- Not for the faint at heart! Lol

Hey Sunshine- I had a complete blood test done (I do every yr) and everything came back normal except Vit D was very low as well as ferritin (iron storage) level.

Woooooow. You are such a brave one. I would love to watch your hair grow, so please take pics.
And your wig looks sooooooooo natural.

wow, you are my kind of woman! For 4 years straight(starting in 2002), I bc to a twa in Jan. for the beginning of the new year. I always wanted to go bald but never had the guts to do it. You look great sweetie. Your wig is super cute. Do you mind me asking what's the brand name of it? Regarding your scalp, have you seen a dermatologist? When I bc in 2002, my scalp was like yours although it wasn't as white. I was diagnosed with having seborrheic dermatitis Unfortunately, I was not seeing the doctor regularly back then and failed to get blood work done.

Thanks y'all for all the support and positive well wishes! :yep:

As one of the ladies said, it will grow back and 2 years from now, I'll have much stronger and healthier hair for it. Plus, with all the options we have for styles (wigs, weaves, braids, etc) it really makes it so much easier to still look presentable and do what you feel is best and healthiest for your hair.

So, thanks again ladies! I'll update my fotki with my new baldie in a day or two...

HHG!!

Last edited:
I believe the brand is Mono and I think it's called Adena. I bought it at a BSS, but I believe Hairsisters and probably ClairHair sells it. HTH

wow, you are my kind of woman! For 4 years straight(starting in 2002), I bc to a twa in Jan. for the beginning of the new year. I always wanted to go bald but never had the guts to do it. You look great sweetie. Your wig is super cute. Do you mind me asking what's the brand name of it? Regarding your scalp, have you seen a dermatologist? When I bc in 2002, my scalp was like yours although it wasn't as white. I was diagnosed with having seborrheic dermatitis Unfortunately, I was not seeing the doctor regularly back then and failed to get blood work done.

Um....:thud: You got the :cup: for the biggest big chop in LHCF history....i think.

Whooo gurl! You are brave! It's gonna look so cute when it grows in. In the meantime...rock that baldie!

You are so right - this is not for the faint of heart - ***runs out of thread***... :)

Seriously - the wig is flattering on you!!! Down here (Houston) when people shave their hair bald they call it "aggravated" so I am diggin' that "aggravated" look on you... Do ya thing and keep up posted - I can't wait to see you rockin' the afro puff!!

My sentiments exactly!

Congrats on your BC and welcome to the natural! Girl you got some big ones but you rock it well, LOVE the wig! I think the Shikakai and some of the other powders will help. I think Neem is supposed to help with that too. Check out the Ayurveda Support thread and the 6 month challenge.

Bald and Beautiful! Welcome to the wonderful world of natural sisters where we keep it nice and natural...

Thanks Ladies. yeah, my wig is the last pic. I won't be going outside with the bald head scaring my neighbors:lachen:

I'm so looking forward to growing my natural hair though.

Any suggestions for this crazy flaky scalp??? I'm about to do shikakai and see if that helps.

I would also try some oil massages since you don't have anything getting in they way to get to that scalp.

Create some sprays for your scalp and the hair that is growing right now. Not sure what you can handle or not but something with a moisture, glycerine, aloe vera gel, one of those cheapie VO5 moisture milk conditioners.

Just spray the scalp which you could do, massage it in and on ever other day add the oil. You can do this before you put on your wig and also in the evening before you go to bed.

Keep it simple.

PS: That wig is fierce. I would get two more of those and rock that for a minute.

Re: XTREME BC !!!!! Warning- Not for the faint of heart! Lol

OK- So since my little bundle of joy arrived a year ago, my hair has taken on a monstrous life of it's own! Chronic shedding, flaky scalp (you can see how white my scalp is- yuk), breakage, you name it. Sooo, I got tired of it and started thinking about how strange it is that I have no idea what my natural hair pattern looks like coming out of my scalp anymore (been relaxed since childhood) and have been playing with the idea of going natural for a while now... Well, today was the day to find out! :grin: I just clippered ALL my doggone hair off! Can you say BALD?!? I must be mad! :lachen: Good thing I bought a cute wig yesterday!! I feel soo free! :drunk:

Bye-bye Affirm and Mizani :wave:

WOW , I have so much respect for you GrowinLonger. I don't know if I could ever do what you've done. I myself is only cutting off 3 inches at a time every 3-4 months or so. You are and carry off the look very very well. Be sure to keep us posted on your growth progress. I'm watchin' you girl.

ETA, By the way, what is the name and brand wig you are wearing?

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE EVEN MORE FABULOUS ENJOYING YOUR NATURAL HAIR AND YOUR PERFECT REGIMEN. WATCH OUT WITH THAT CUTE WIG UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN -LOL

My mom has extreme dandruff, too. The way I've solved it is through an ayurveda tea. I brew Neem, Orange powder, Cassia and Amla powder in a coffee pot. So far so good. You can also substitute Cassia and Orange powder for Shikakai

Tks Mscocoface. I'll def be doing that.

I love the feeling of a fresh start...:)

I would also try some oil massages since you don't have anything getting in they way to get to that scalp.

Create some sprays for your scalp and the hair that is growing right now. Not sure what you can handle or not but something with a moisture, glycerine, aloe vera gel, one of those cheapie VO5 moisture milk conditioners.

Just spray the scalp which you could do, massage it in and on ever other day add the oil. You can do this before you put on your wig and also in the evening before you go to bed.

Keep it simple.

PS: That wig is fierce. I would get two more of those and rock that for a minute.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I am NOT having any more kids anytime soon! He will be an only child for now with lots of friends!

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE EVEN MORE FABULOUS ENJOYING YOUR NATURAL HAIR AND YOUR PERFECT REGIMEN. WATCH OUT WITH THAT CUTE WIG UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN -LOL

Last edited:
Re: XTREME BC !!!!! Warning- Not for the faint of heart! Lol

Hey Aggie, thx girl. I think it's called Adena by Modu brand wigs.

WOW , I have so much respect for you GrowinLonger. I don't know if I could ever do what you've done. I myself is only cutting off 3 inches at a time every 3-4 months or so. You are and carry off the look very very well. Be sure to keep us posted on your growth progress. I'm watchin' you girl.

ETA, By the way, what is the name and brand wig you are wearing?

Last edited:
Oh my....you're my hair idol. That took guts!!

I'm fighting postpartum shedding and it's driving me up a wall! I've thought more than once about chopping half this stuff off.

Congrats!!! Your head is gorgeous and so is the wig!!! I can't wait to see your journey and welcome to the natural side!!

Back