Would you be offended...

Mena

I have a friend that always comes to me with her relationship problems. Recently, she broke up with her boyfriend. She had been talking about doing this off and on for the last 3 years. She finally did it. I was kind of relieved so I dont have to hear all her flip flopping on what to do. Now, people that dont know her as well are wishing her and her ex would get back together. I know her pretty well and I told her she should take her time and make the right decison. There is no rush. There is a reason why she complained off and on for the last couple years. I think she was kind of offended that I didnt wish for her ex and her to get back together right away. I think I am just being a good friend and keeping it real. Would you be offended by the advice I gave?

No, I would not be offended bc you gave good, honest advice. Your advice makes complete sense.

I wouldnt be upset at all. But on the other hand most people (especially women, when it comes to their man) dont wanna hear the truth. Believe me, Ive been there before..and ALOT of drama comes with it. If i were you id try to stay out of it, because if they get back together its gonna seem like you were the one who wanted them to stay apart....and who knows what will happen then

I wouldnt be upset at all. But on the other hand most people (especially women, when it comes to their man) dont wanna hear the truth. Believe me, Ive been there before..and ALOT of drama comes with it. If i were you id try to stay out of it, because if they get back together its gonna seem like you were the one who wanted them to stay apart....and who knows what will happen then

Women are funny sometimes. I might have to go deaf from now on whenever she talks about the ex and asks for advice.

Women are funny sometimes. I might have to go deaf from now on whenever she talks about the ex and asks for advice.

That's a good idea. Some women only talk about their relationship when something goes wrong...or they only talk about what they don't like about their man. All exaggerations...

I have a friend that always comes to me with her relationship problems. Recently, she broke up with her boyfriend. She had been talking about doing this off and on for the last 3 years. She finally did it. I was kind of relieved so I dont have to hear all her flip flopping on what to do. Now, people that dont know her as well are wishing her and her ex would get back together. I know her pretty well and I told her she should take her time and make the right decison. There is no rush. There is a reason why she complained off and on for the last couple years. I think she was kind of offended that I didnt wish for her ex and her to get back together right away. I think I am just being a good friend and keeping it real. Would you be offended by the advice I gave?

I wouldn't be offended. A good friend is not going to tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear. If she doesn't realize that now she will one day:yep: IMO, you did the right thing

Some women want a friend that will tell them what they want to hear. I'm not that type of person. I wouldn't be offended. Because I know deep down I should have booted that fool a long time ago. LOL. But your friend, she's craving attention and she's kind of emotional. So I suppose she likes getting well-wishes from other people that don't know the situation, so she can be like, "Yeah, I do miss him..." She wants a pity party, tell her *** you can't afford no party hats. =]

You are keeping it real, everyone needs a friend like you.

I haven't always "kept it real" with my girlfriends. Whenever their men were acting up, I'd make excuses for them, because deep down inside I felt that ALL men did those things. I also didn't want to hurt them. But what hurt them is finally having their hearts broken. Now I'm the friend that keeps it real and lets them know when to kick him to the curb.

Of course they NEVER listen, but at least I know I didn't contribute to the issue.

Ok so my friend that just dumped her BF because he embarassed her in front of her friends is now dating him again...:drunk: So yea my lips are sealed for advice from now on...Now, I just say girrrrl you confused or i dont say anything. women are special. I mad she talked about dumping for so long and now shes dating him again :spinning:

He's a great guy. He is ready to settle down and get married. She isn't farrrr from being ready for that. She has cheated on him before. :nono: She is in denial about that though. The thought of being married scares her to death. He wants to have kids. She doesn't. I am just keeping my mouth shut and see what happens.

Last edited:
OMGawd this same thing happened to me. The guy is her bf but not really her bf and we could be talking about anything and she brings this guy up all the time. I do her like I do my other well my now ex friend, I change the subject and ignore it just like she never even mentioned him :look: I know, I know but I was tired of listening to her saying she gone stop dealing with his flip floppy arse then next thing you know she back in his bed. Females, I swear.

BTW, I think she did get offended or upset when I told her the same thing (which was the last time I spoke my peace) I got enough drama of my own going on (or I did)

A good friend gives it to you real.
Some women don't like to hear the truth, she might like drama. next time when she's crying in your lap just nod and smile.

I am 100% brutal with the truth to my girlfriends, and all of them appreciate it. Sometimes they will avoid telling me things if they know they're not ready to hear the truth about it, but I always find out in the end. I am the go to person when the crapola hits the fan. You should remain honest or say nothing at all, but don't lie.

Back