Would You Tell Her..

To be honest.. I thought about what would I want someone to do if I was in that position. Our generation seems to have no regard for others. This hurt my heart she even has to go through this. I pray she doesn’t bring it back to him saying I said.
Wait. I'm sorry. Maybe I misunderstood. You told her that you heard he has HIV? Or did you just tell her to just get tested for safety sake? Please disregard previous post if it is the first.

No I did not tell her she could possibly have HIV, because I did not want to pass alone second hand information. I did tell her she needed to get tested ASAP!! I did not want to give her any info that I received from someone else.

Wait. I'm sorry. Maybe I misunderstood. You told her that you heard he has HIV? Or did you just tell her to just get tested for safety sake? Please disregard previous post if it is the first.

I think you’ve done all you can. I’d carry on with my life. Tbh even if you told her everything she might or might not act quickly. She might or might not turn on you. People are funny about hearing the truth. If they aren’t ready or can’t handle the truth they will find a way to twist it. I wouldn’t say another thing to her about it. She isn’t your best friend or sister or child. You didn’t do anything to cause her harm. This really isn’t your burden to carry. You did what you could. The rest is up to her.

I think you’ve done all you can. I’d carry on with my life. Tbh even if you told her everything she might or might not act quickly. She might or might not turn on you. People are funny about hearing the truth. If they aren’t ready or can’t handle the truth they will find a way to twist it. I wouldn’t say another thing to her about it. She isn’t your best friend or sister or child. You didn’t do anything to cause her harm. This really isn’t your burden to carry. You did what you could. The rest is up to her.

Agree.

I totally agree with you!.. I refuse to keep harping on something with her that she won't take seriously. Its funny because I had a doctors appointment yesterday and she texted me. I told her " I just left the doctor to get checked up and also got tested for HIV and any other diseases". If that wasn't enough info then I do not know what to say. I have no intention on mentioning it again.

I thought about that as well. I am praying for her.
I commend you! It's incredibly hard to share information like this when we aren't 100% sure. I've had to relay difficult information in the past, so I understand the impact it can have on a relationship. I look at it this way...most of the time, people convince themselves that things "aren't their issue or responsibility" because of the way it makes them feel (knowing powerful information and having to bear the weight of it)...it can sometimes cloud our vision and cause us not to see the big picture. I taught myself how to handle the discomfort that accompanies the message I'm delivering because of the potential impact that information can have on someones life. I hope she handles this situation responsibly..praying for a positive outcome.

Back