Women are now paying for their own engagement rings

Do dudes have no pride at all? I would fel like a less than partner if I didnt give my woman a ring of my own that I provided for her.

I cant even read the aricle. The thread title alone made my want to punch some lazy good for nothing wannabe husband. WTH??!?!

ETA OK, read the first paragraph. These women are dumb. Desperate. and...yea...dumb! Who would agree to that? You want me to bear your children, be the breadwinner and still to the dishes, laundry, cook and nurse your sorry behind when you got the flu...? but I get that on layaway cuz I gotta buy my own damn ring? No thanks :nono:

Last edited:
If you can't afford to get me a ring with your own funds, I don't want your broke...self

Vain moment :look:

Last edited:
If you can't afford to get me a ring with your own funds, I don't want your broke arse.

Vain moment :look:

You're not ready to marry me or anyone if you're looking to the woman to foot the bill for the engagement ring.

Dudes looking for "help" aka a come up. Smh.

tantrum.gif

But given that an increasing number of American women are the primary breadwinners in their families, helping foot the bill for a fancy rock seems only fair.

This oh so "fair" world that we live in :lol:

That's nice for them. It wouldn't work for me, I'd rather not have a ring if that's the case. My SO is broke (most days,) but he still bought the ring. All in all though, it's not about the ring. Their focus is misplaced.

That's nice for them. It wouldn't work for me, I'd rather not have a ring if that's the case. My SO is broke (most days,) but he still bought the ring. All in all though, it's not about the ring. Their focus is misplaced.

This. rings can be upgraded at a later date. It's the principle. A man showing his investment in a wife and the future marriage.

I think it's very telling. These men have no pride and will stick their hand out for anything these days. Ninjas on the comeup is what I call them.

I need a man that would lie, steal and kill for me and his kids, not ask me for handouts.

DH bought me the samll ring when we 1st married. We were young and that was all he could afford.

He gave me the big one years later when we were more established.

Feminism is a double-edged sword.

In moderation, it's good.
However, too much emasculates/feminizes men--and not in a good way.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what's important to the woman. If he can't afford the 3 carat diamond then I guess she will chip in or buy it.

Is downgrading not an option? My former colleague (Jewish woman) wanted a 3 carat diamond. Her fiancé could not afford the stone she wanted so he bought a 3 carat stone with visible inclusions. DH noticed in the elevator since she was showing her ring to everyone who came close enough to see it. It's not D, E or F in color and it's has visible inclusions but it's 3 carats.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No. Just no. I'd take the smaller ring and upgrade later even if I could afford to pay for it. It's the principle.

You know, when people talk about men contributing financially in relationsips, people like to talk about fair. People do not like to talk about how fair it is for women to work full time and still be the primary people to take care of children, the home etc. A lot of things in life are not fair, esp. for women, and yet when it comes to men contributing financially, everything becomes about fair.

Back