Woah! The heads I have seen around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty easy for me to spot fake hair. Majority of the time...Lol.

I wasn't referring to the fact that the hair was fake, that was obvious.

I was referring to the idea that one can tell just by looking whether the technique used was gluing, sewing, pinning it on, etc. Unless you were the stylist or you're all in their head, there's no way to say for sure.

And, I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about the state of people's hair. In fact, that assumption (that their hair must be damaged/short) is feeding the stereotype that black women wear fake hair because they can't grow it much more than the woman who is actually wearing the fake hair.

You were at a church carnival right near my house taking pictures of folks, without their permission, and posting it on the internet. You'd better be happy one of those pics wasn't of me. I was there today!

Oh snap! Where's Michael when I need him? C'mon, boo, with your popcorn.

I was referring to the idea that one can tell just by looking whether the technique used was gluing, sewing, pinning it on, etc. Unless you were the stylist or you're all in their head, there's no way to say for sure.

And, I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about the state of people's hair. In fact, that assumption (that their hair must be damaged/short) is feeding the stereotype that black women wear fake hair because they can't grow it much more than the woman who is actually wearing the fake hair.
I have a few family memebers that install lacefronts, does sew-ins, quick weaves, weave wraps, micros, kiknky twist, micro twist, make wigs, and etc (BTW they have there own Shop). So its easy for me to tell. The girls that goes to my old H.S stay wearing quickweaves, or layouts. (is what the call them:spinning:)

Oh sorry. I thought you meant knowing if their hair is fake. No, I can't always tell if it's a sew in or glue in. And I don't make assumptions about hair. I've seen this site, she could have the healthiest hair under their but I still think it's damaging. I know that majority of women that wear weaves, have tore up heads.

Sure are a lot of assumptions being thrown around. You assume by looking at them that they're wearing quick weaves or other unhealthy weave styles. And then you also assume that they have ear length hair when that same "tacky weave" could be a lacefront they have pinned on top of their APL-BSL-WL-HL hair that they are protecting.

I wear a tacky synthetic lacefront to protect my BSL natural hair. *kanyeshrug*

wow you are so right, everything you said here.:yep:

I agree with you adora, but sometimes I think that a lot of you longhairs on this board forget what it was like to have really short hair. It's not that easy to PS when you don't have enough to slick it into a bun or a ponytail :perplexed It's one's one preference to whether they like weave or not but lets not get all fire-and-pitchfork on the ones who do.

And in any case, the sterotype about black women and being 'unable to grow hair' would be around anyway because even if all black women stopped getting weave TODAY, a good lot of them still wouldn't know how to take care of their hair anyway and it would just look chewed up anyway. LHCF is not the norm:rolleyes:

if youre on public property you cant sue for your picture being used if its not for commercial gain, its kind of like implying its okay because youre in public, children however (under 18) should not be shown in pictures... that could get you in trouble, I would take those down.

if youre on public property you cant sue for your picture being used if its not for commercial gain, its kind of like implying its okay because youre in public, children however (under 18) should not be shown in pictures... that could get you in trouble, I would take those down.

I don't think this is that serious.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=318799&highlight=quickweave

derp derp.

women get damage with weaves. women also get damage with braids, cornrows, gels buns and ponytails and touching their hair the wrong way, lol. It's how you take care of the hair underneath.

Let's just say that these women in particular look bad and Leave the sweeping generalizations out of it shall we?

I belive I was speaking from my own 101 experiences seeing with people !:look::yep: MERCI

If people don't want to be stereotyped, they shouldn't do stereotypical things. But I mean, people who disagree with this thread doesn't have to click in this thread. Celebrity or no celebrity, making fun is maing fun. Once again, just saying.

My goodness, you just solved the problems in the Black community with the bolded.

*applauds*

ps.

I am seraphinelle from OT, and my posts drip of sarcasm.

Last edited:
Okay, I just got home, and uploaded the pics. It's so hard trying to be a ninja photographer with a cell phone. :sekret:

trust me their hair looks fine...come to my area and you will see a flock of bad tangled up wigs, dirty lifeless plasticky looking hair extension and supper bad weave with the tracks exposed...that is my area. The city where people relaxed your hair and fully braid your hair an hour later. Yes my town.:nono::nono:

Yall are horrible, Funny but HORRIBLE:lachen::nono:

Its not illegal for the OP to take their picture w/o asking, its also not illegal to post it on here..It is actually called Street photography! But i do think she should have blurred the childrens face, because im not totally sure but i think its illegal to POST the children w/o the parents permission.

Anyway im glad that this thread did not turn too ugly, im so proud of you ladies:grin:

Last time I was in Brixton, London I seen some seriously messed up weaves! And those women had the NERVE to stare me up and down as if I was in the wrong!!!:rolleyes:

For those who think things are being blown out of proportion, you wouldn't mind if I post some of your pics on various sites and ask for opinions. Let me copy some now.

So yeah I've been dying to use this gif
Oh thread I dub thee "Spaghetti and Catfighgate"

30xjrtl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back