Woah! The heads I have seen around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are always making fun of the way I dress(Some people thin it's awesome). Lol. I wear cat ears and I dress like an anime character. I don't care what people say about me--or my hair.

my point exactly......obviously they don't care, so why would anyone be madd

Stereotype?! Some protect their hair with weaves. It also provides versatility.

umm :look:, there are many other ways of growing out hair, we the only ones that depend on weave like it look good. wait...sometimes it do loook good, but i know the men be like "dammm, i cant run my fingers through this isssh lol:lachen:) ok that was O/T, but there are other ways of protecting the hair and weave SURE DOES, ADD TO THE stereotype, that black women always weavin up, and cant grow hair, why else are we always getting weave checked???

YOUR hair is wrapped/molded underneath, and the hair/tracks is glued on to your HAIR. Sometimes with a net or just plain wrapped hair. how the hellz thats protecting your hair?:nono:

Last edited:

Well, it is a stereotype that (black) women wear weave either b/c they don't have any hair, can't grow it, don't take care of it, etc. I mean, anytime you have people, black or any other color, assuming that a black girl's hair is long ONLY due to wearing a weave, then of course its a stereotype. I have learned from being on these boards that some women wear them as protective styling, but a lot of people don't wear them for that reason.

Last edited:
YOUR hair is wrapped/molded underneath, and the hair/tracks is glued on to your HAIR. Sometimes with a net or just plain wrapped hair. how the hellz thats protecting your hair?:nono:

what

is this a serious question?

lol. It's low manipulation. Yes if you get it GLUED to your head, its not very protective, at least until you rip the fake hair off :V but many people have grown their hair out to be long and healthy with the use of a sewin. It helps them to retain length without losing inches to heat styling, combing, and general manipulation. I agree that there is a stereotype with black women and weave, but as long as you take care of your own hair underneath, weaves can be beneficial. Take a look at Ediese and Reniece sometime.

Last edited:

I'm talking about sew-ins, not molded hair underneath. I'm not sure how that works.

:lachen: yeah because Im trying to understand her alil bit, Im just trying to figure this b.s out....:yep:

ok im rollin over here:grin:, weave dont protect hair, oh noo she didnt!!, yup i said it..... it smuthers hair, dam just keep it real so you wont get the side eye ahahahahahaha,

just keep it real,

That's only one type of weave, called a quick weave. Actually, there's someone on the board who used that technique to grow their hair to bsl.

Anyway, there are other ways to weave. The most common is having the hair sewn onto your cornrows or onto a net. Many people have great retention with that hairstyle and they get to enjoy different styles due to the versatility of the hair. I suggest you check out the member Ediese to see just what weaves can do for a person.

umm :look:, there are many other ways of growing out hair, we the only ones that depend on weave like it look good. wait...sometimes it do loook good, but i know the men be like "dammm, i cant run my fingers through this isssh lol:lachen:) ok that was O/T, but there are other ways of protecting the hair and weave SURE DOES, ADD TO THE stereotype, that black women always weavin up, and cant grow hair, why else are we always getting weave checked???

I agree with you adora, but sometimes I think that a lot of you longhairs on this board forget what it was like to have really short hair. It's not that easy to PS when you don't have enough to slick it into a bun or a ponytail :perplexed It's one's one preference to whether they like weave or not but lets not get all fire-and-pitchfork on the ones who do.

And in any case, the sterotype about black women and being 'unable to grow hair' would be around anyway because even if all black women stopped getting weave TODAY, a good lot of them still wouldn't know how to take care of their hair anyway and it would just look chewed up anyway. LHCF is not the norm:rolleyes:

That's only one type of weave, called a quick weave. Actually, there's someone on the board who used that technique to grow their hair to bsl.

Anyway, there are other ways to weave. The most common is having the hair sewn onto your cornrows or onto a net. Many people have great retention with that hairstyle and they get to enjoy different styles due to the versatility of the hair. I suggest you check out the member Ediese to see just what weaves can do for a person.
I've seen Ediese hair thread, and I never ment it in away as if weaves cannot help you retain length mmm k. Im talking about the damage most women get with those quick weaves and the women that olen (hope i spelled it right) posted with them tacky weaves probuly have ear length hair.

regardless of intent, people will still roll their eyes when they spot your tracks. Theres other good ways of protecting your hair.

People are going to roll their eyes regardless. There have been plenty of threads women say their family/so/boss/bff hates their bc or their natural hair styles. :look:

I've seen Ediese hair thread, and I never ment it in away as if weaves cannot help you retain length mmm k. Im talking about the damage most women get with those quick weaves and the women that olen (hope i spelled it right) posted with them tacky weaves probuly have ear length hair.

Sure are a lot of assumptions being thrown around. You assume by looking at them that they're wearing quick weaves or other unhealthy weave styles. And then you also assume that they have ear length hair when that same "tacky weave" could be a lacefront they have pinned on top of their APL-BSL-WL-HL hair that they are protecting.

Lmao yes you can if you know the difference in real hair. Trust me I know. An seen how the techniques is done to achieve those styles.

I'm not saying that's their real hair. I'm saying you can't tell by looking whether those styles are a quick weave, regular weave, 27 piece, lacefront wig, regular wig, or whatever else.

There are many different techniques that could have been used so you can't just assume they're wearing a specific type.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=318799&highlight=quickweave

derp derp.

women get damage with weaves. women also get damage with braids, cornrows, gels buns and ponytails and touching their hair the wrong way, lol. It's how you take care of the hair underneath.

Let's just say that these women in particular look bad and leave the sweeping generalizations out of it, shall we?

Sure are a lot of assumptions being thrown around. You assume by looking at them that they're wearing quick weaves or other unhealthy weave styles. And then you also assume that they have ear length hair when that same "tacky weave" could be a lacefront they have pinned on top of their APL-BSL-WL-HL hair that they are protecting.
Yup I'm sure am. I'm saying this because of the people I've seen outside of this hair board (school, work,and day to day).:yep:

I'm not saying that's their real hair. I'm saying you can't tell by looking whether those styles are a quick weave, regular weave, 27 piece, lacefront wig, regular wig, or whatever else.

There are many different techniques that could have been used so you can't just assume they're wearing a specific type.
I can if I want to esp if I've seen the style done before, you can tell if its a quick weave or lacefront (wig, sew in, etc), its very obvious.

did you get this from sharks...

i know u from the CHI with this catfish and spaghetti.....

ps.. i take pics of folks who are wrong all the time..... i dont see :look:the issue
Me either I dont either..... BTW I love SHARKS, but I got taste for some Leons girl, what part of the CHI your from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back