Pics**So I have reached the ultimate level of Bootleg..Made a wig!

i used regular bonding glue. the dark one..... and for this effect in went in a circle until i had enough hair in the front, then i started glueing the middle line by line until it was closed.....

Girl, that wig looks GOOD!!!! :yep: And you are very pretty.

And don't call it bootleg, that has negative connotations. :nono: It's innovative. :yep: :lol:

very nice and natural.

So I didn't want a sew in b/c I'm wishy washy, but they didn't have any half wigs I liked. Then I saw what looked like a wig on display with the hair I wanted on a head, but she told me it wasn't a wig, it was sent by the company to show what it looks like once it is sewn in. So I thought, if they can do it,so can I!! Haha so I bought a netted wig cap, the hair I wanted and went to work sewing the tracks on to the cap...Here are the results(I made a half wig)...lol:lachen:

064-1.jpg

ETA: I see the little piece that's out so I'm gonna hide it under the headband..lol...or get the 2 color and sew that one...The lady SWORE up and dowwwwwn I was a 1B...I told her I was a 2!!

It does look good! But I was just watching ANTM today and it made me crack up because it was the one with the girl who sewed a wig on her head like a weave....

BOTH of you ladies did a great job with these wigs. I saw this on youtube and wondered, is this something like what you did? If so, can you explain how the closure thing works? I'm missing that part.

Thanks ladies for posting.

ETA: I forgot to post the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP8BGItcOBk

Last edited:
So I didn't want a sew in b/c I'm wishy washy, but they didn't have any half wigs I liked. Then I saw what looked like a wig on display with the hair I wanted on a head, but she told me it wasn't a wig, it was sent by the company to show what it looks like once it is sewn in. So I thought, if they can do it,so can I!! Haha so I bought a netted wig cap, the hair I wanted and went to work sewing the tracks on to the cap...Here are the results(I made a half wig)...lol:lachen:

064-1.jpg

ETA: I see the little piece that's out so I'm gonna hide it under the headband..lol...or get the 2 color and sew that one...The lady SWORE up and dowwwwwn I was a 1B...I told her I was a 2!!

Umm I need you to make me one just like it. How much are you going to charge me......seriously???

BOTH of you ladies did a great job with these wigs. I saw this on youtube and wondered, is this something like what you did? If so, can you explain how the closure thing works? I'm missing that part.

Thanks ladies for posting.

ETA: I forgot to post the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP8BGItcOBk

Ohh I can do that. And this would be a quicker solution to weaving a full sew in. I can just do it on the cap and then have a wig "custom made" for my head and then just sew it around the perimeter! Thanks for the vid and OP thanks for the inspiration!

Great job Brockstar...looks just like your own hair! I know you explained how to do it but a picture tutorial would be great...I'm kinda slow. :grin:

Aussie, you did a great job too.

Great idea, I love it I am going to make one for myself I been thinking about it a lot. I don't want a weave or any restrictions on my head so a wig would be perfect, but one I made myself. yours looks wonderful and natural. Excellent

064-1.jpg

Ooooh I like it. Have you learned how to make lace front wigs yet? :look: lol

You did so good with that needle and thread. It looks pretty--you can't tell it was homemade--it looks like a curly half-wig i saw in the BSS just the other day when I was lookin for a new wig. Great Job!

Back