WIG CHALLENGE 2009

Are any of you ladies wearing Omega part wigs? I bought 3 from Hairsisters and one of them looks dumb. :sad: But the others look pretty nice. I'm in the process of cornrowing my hair now, and then I'll flat iron my leave-out. Hopefully it'll look decent.

Who else is wearing them?
What is the name of the dumb and the not so dumb ones?

Here is a pic of me in my synthetic lace front wig
picture.php

This wig looks good on you. Did you put this on yourself??

Thanks for the compliments and yes I put this on myself. These wigs are just so easy to apply and no need for adhesive unless you want to wear for a long time. I wear mine daily but take it off at night so I don't use tape or glue. Once you cut the lace down it just looks so natural and fits on the head perfectly. the back is just like a regular wig only the front has lace.

Thanks for the compliments and yes I put this on myself. These wigs are just so easy to apply and no need for adhesive unless you want to wear for a long time. I wear mine daily but take it off at night so I don't use tape or glue. Once you cut the lace down it just looks so natural and fits on the head perfectly. the back is just like a regular wig only the front has lace.

So, the wig doesn't move or slip?
Did you buy your wig online?

I have a curly human half wig that I will be removing the comb from the back. My niece will briad my natural hair into a circle and sew the half wig onto my hair like a weave except not as much work will go into it. I will try to post pics of it when she is done with it on Thursday afternoon. I can't wait to see what it will look like.

Welcome Ekaette! Lol, no one knows more than me how addicting wigs are. I love wigs- this is the perefct challenge for me.

Observation ladies- I like my half wigs better than my whole wigs- let me rephrase, I am noticing that my edges don't like my whole wigs.

As much as I love my full wigs, I'm noticing this as well myself.
I'm sticking with half wigs right now.

I really liked my lace fronts, though. :sad:

Here is my wig! I am the one on the left <-----------

Attachments

• nite out1.jpg
    nite out1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Please add me. I just received my full lace wig a few days ago and my glue should be delivered anyday now. I will also be wearing Instant sensational wigs as well. Thank you for this challenge and it's ON:look:

fORGOT TO MENTION I HAVE BEEN WEARING SEWN IN WEAVE FOR OVER A YEAR.. GOING TO BEAUTICIAN GETTING IT DONE EVERY 3-4 MONTHS. I HAVE AMAZING GROWTH AND WANT TO KEEP IT SOOO BAD...:wallbash:

Here is my wig! I am the one on the left <-----------

very pretty! (you and the wig!) all of you ladies in the pic are beautiful!:yep:

-------------

I'm reading this thread backwards....:look: but, there are some GREAT wigs in this thread!

I'd like to join this challenge!! I've been rocking wigs since May 2008, and haven't had a perm since May 2007!!! I gotta blow the dust off my Fotki account and update it with some recent pics!!! Good luck ladies!!!

Hi everybody,
I would like to join this challenge. I think I would be able to meet my goal of AL by the end of this year with this challenge. I'll post pics later when my camera battery is charged.

Still wearing my sewn on 60 second cap. I am presently travelling and I am sorry I didn't get a pic of it. I won't be home until March 20th. I am currntly in Nebraska visiting my boyfriend, soooo, don't know what this will look like when I get home:look:.

Ok this is my wig, I think it's called Boss something-can't really remember.
Ooo........... how do I attach the pics? Anyone please?

Last edited:
Im doing fine. Currently looking into getting my lace wigs directly from China to save on the "middle man" mark ups.

Im doing fine. Currently looking into getting my lace wigs directly from China to save on the "middle man" mark ups.
I have done this a couple of times. Do your research and then run it by the ladies at the BHM forum, they have the scoop on most of the vendors.

I think i'm going to retire this wig or cut it at least. It's too long for my taste now I want to go with the arm pit length, which I think would be 16 inches for straights and 18 inches for curlies for me. (excuse my no lipstick wearing self....)

IMG_0266-1.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

I want to get a unit like this minus the light color.. I like the color pattern though, I would like a 1b / 33 combo colored like this...

Denovo.jpg

Last edited:
I am still rocking the same wig. I haven't been wearing them for longer than a few days at a time because I start to miss my hair but I love this one wig. I really need to get a half wig. I love this challenge just because I love the versatility wigs give me. When I want straight hair which is about two weeks out the month I don't have to put my hair on the line I just throw on a wig.

I love that unit! Very pretty.

I think i'm going to retire this wig or cut it at least. It's too long for my taste now I want to go with the arm pit length, which I think would be 16 inches for straights and 18 inches for curlies for me. (excuse my no lipstick wearing self....)

IMG_0266-1.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

I want to get a unit like this minus the light color.. I like the color pattern though, I would like a 1b / 33 combo colored like this...

Denovo.jpg

I have done this a couple of times. Do your research and then run it by the ladies at the BHM forum, they have the scoop on most of the vendors.

I went with Holly and ordered 2 synthetic units for $50 a piece. Im going to Miami in 2 weeks and dont want to worry about flat ironing human hair. I got a yaki and shes making a light yaki into a bodywave for me. Ill be sure to post pics! I should get them Wednesday or Thursday!

IMG_0266-1.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Denovo.jpg

Your units look absolutely gorgeous on you! The second look is my favorite. I'm really liking the color on the 3rd unit as well as the curls. Good choices.
icon14.gif

Your units look absolutely gorgeous on you! The second look is my favorite. I'm really liking the color on the 3rd unit as well as the curls. Good choices.
icon14.gif
Thank you, I am in love with that curly on the bottom, I have to have her.

I'm wearing the same unit, the first picture was at the beginning of the evening after I took my hot curlers out. The second picture was at the end of the evening after the curls fell.

Back